Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
54CT

Unsure What To Do

I'm 54 and still have acne. I'd been using Proactive but it caused major redness and flaking despite moisturizers and cutting back to 1x/day. I switched to 2% salicylic acid wash + gel & moisturizer and now am breaking out again. So I'm trying the Clear Skin regime. I'm worried that it'll cause the same redness and flaking as Proactive. Any tips?

Hey,

Your going to have to start off with just applying a really small amount of peroxide to your skin and then gradually increase the dosage. Trust me my skin is ultra sensitive and intially when i applied the stuff i straight away thought that this is not goin to work. However i had to endure the redness and dryness for a few days but then my skin became used to it. Start off with a small amount of peroxide just once every night. Unless you are alergic to the stuff your skin will eventually become accustomed to it. Make sure you use plenty of an oil free moisturizer aswel. Follow the regimen instruction carefully, do not rush things and be patient. Remeber only use a small amount of peroxide at first wait untill your skin gets used to it and then slowly increase the amount.

Best of luck man.