Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys,

Does anyone have any opinion on whether protein drinks are linked to acne in any way? I'm debating whether or not I should stop taking protein powder. I would rather have less muscles and less acne than more muscles and more acne... biggrin.gif

Thanks a lot, guys!

-HgSpikes

Hey guys,

Does anyone have any opinion on whether protein drinks are linked to acne in any way? I'm debating whether or not I should stop taking protein powder. I would rather have less muscles and less acne than more muscles and more acne... biggrin.gif

Thanks a lot, guys!

-HgSpikes

Hey, I lift too and I recently quit taking creatine in fear that it caused a recent breakout I had, I don't want to take my chances either smile.gif . Now, as for the protein your taking, it shouldn't cause any acne breakouts. But, studies have shown that traces of hormones may be found in Whey Protein, but this isn't horrible news. The thing is, pretty much anything we eat can have traces of hormones in it, especially products that contain meat or diary. So, your protein shakes shouldn't cause your breakouts. If you want to learn more about the hormones found in whey protein visit http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/willbrink16.htm.

Hey guys,

Thanks a lot, guys!

-HgSpikes

Hey, I lift too and I recently quit taking creatine in fear that it caused a recent breakout I had, I don't want to take my chances either smile.gif . Now, as for the protein your taking, it shouldn't cause any acne breakouts. But, studies have shown that traces of hormones may be found in Whey Protein, but this isn't horrible news. The thing is, pretty much anything we eat can have traces of hormones in it, especially products that contain meat or diary. So, your protein shakes shouldn't cause your breakouts. If you want to learn more about the hormones found in whey protein visit http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/willbrink16.htm.

Thanks, WhiteMilkMan07!

Oh hey, since you're lifting too, are you taking any supplements or anything that help growth but doesn't cause acne?

Hey guys,

Thanks a lot, guys!

-HgSpikes

Thanks, WhiteMilkMan07!

Oh hey, since you're lifting too, are you taking any supplements or anything that help growth but doesn't cause acne?

Not really. I'm an Ectomorph body type so I have to increase my caloric intake so that it is greater than what I'm burning, which leads to an increase in growth (and may also be linked to my breakout). While I was on creatine though, I had great results, but the whole breakout kinda killed that sad.gif .

Ah, i see. it's ok. I'm an ectomorph too so we're on the same boat. However, I have never tried creatine. The most i have done is multi-vitamins, fish-oil, and protein powder...but for some reason i felt as though the vitamins were causing me to breakout more easily...could be just me...cause vitamins are supposed to keep one healthy, right?

I found taking more protein helped my skin. I eat lots of quorn which is very low fat. Do you take your protein with milk? could be the problem

Hey brunhilda,

I actually don't take my protein with milk. I guess I should have kept a log of my skin and when I drink protein. Right now I'm kind of confused as to whether or not there is correlation in my case. Even if it is coincidental.

I'm still not sure if milk causes acne for me. There was one summer when I was clear and I didn't take any antibiotics or anything. Only topical medication. And I THINK I was still still drinking a lot of milk.