Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
humanbiology

Sleeping Late Or No Sleep at all?

True? or NOT TRUE?

I heard from people that if you stay up late or not sleep at all you will eventually have a higher chance in getting pimples.

in my opinion and under my circumstances it's true.

I'm particularly clear in the holidays because I get more than excess sleep (10-14 hours!)

Guest delta force operators

nah shes right it has to do with the hormones and healing

its said that we used to go to sleep when the sun went down and wake up when the sun came up..we never had this artificial sun light we just had fire but fire couldnt do much in keeping one awake.

Maybe, thats why my acne has drastically gotten worse over the past few years. Since I guess the end of 8th grade I've eben staying up till at least 11/12 most of the time going to bed at 2 then waking up really early. I never had a problem with energy or school work (I get all A's) but my acne has gotten worse. It makes sense, I hate sleeping though, thats why I stay up on the computer, its somehting to do. Sleep is boring, you can't work or do anything while sleeping so I hate it. I might try going to bed early though. I don't know if it will help my face now though, I think its too late.

May I also add, it was very minimal to no acne, it was all one pimple or two you know what I mean? Now its mild to moderate and it has been making me sad lately. I'm most likely going to go on Accutane. Hopefully that works too.

O my gosh too true for words, sleep does affect me.

Last week got into Big Brother badly and been staying up to watch highlight shows and let's just say I broke out. eusa_wall.gif

But only 5 weeks left of Big Brother tho... eusa_wall.gif

In my opinion, yes.... the lack of sleep does cause acne. I really notice it during school days, I get VERY little sleep and rest and my acne becomes so hyper.

But in holidays etc where I sleep 10-12 hrs a day... no acne popping and the remaining heals much faster eusa_dance.gif

So yea.... sleep is a beauty rest wink.gif

I think sleep is just one of the many other factors relating to acne.

Not everyone in university has acne, even though everyone in a sense lacks sleep. I know of people who even pop caffeine pills to stay up longer while studying for exams and they are clear!

College is the time where people seem most likely to not get enough sleep. You'll notice that not all students have an acne problem, they are not genetically succeptable to acne the way that we are. Those who are geneticallly prone to acne will probably notice a correlation between their flare ups and their sleep pattern.

It's the holidays so i stay up late up until 2-4 AM but i'll be returning back to my normal sleeping habits when the holidays are over wink.gif

Uhh.. i think it does effect acne to some xtent. I mean.. i used to stay up until 4 in the morning.. haha. && lately ive been sleeping at 11-1. My face seems to be better. Mayb its a coincidence? But.. even if sleeping is related to acne or not, we still should get a good amount of sleep. Very benificial to our health ^^

I read from that derm in the news Doctor Perricone that one of the first things he tells his acne patiients is to get 8 hours of sleep per night. I guess it's all about reducing stress levels.

hrm.. ive been sleeping at 6am lately using the bp gel..

my jawline and temples have gotten rediculous..

but i hate sleeping doubt.gif.. i think lack of sleep take tremendous toll on your skin, from experience. My daily schedule is .. 6am-4pm lol.gif, i know i know, its horrible.. and i think thats whats causing all this flare-up

eusa_wall.gif i need to sleep early! and its 3:11AM already!!

Missing out on deep sleep before midnight negatively affects the digestion of food, elimination of waste, the immune sytem, mental functions, emotions, and the amount of energy each cell requires for its trillions of chemcial reactions per second. With tiredness, regardless whether you stimulate the body or not with nicotine, caffeine, meat, TV or other things, the body has to struggle to perform, and you will get stressed.

Your liver also produces hormones and bile between 1-3am, so you should be asleep by then.

well i have been on nights thsi week and my skin has broke out a bit,fucking shifts

True? or NOT TRUE?

I heard from people that if you stay up late or not sleep at all you will eventually have a higher chance in getting pimples.

HAHA! I WISH! Ive been sleeping @ 4-5 oclock AM.. for the past three days.. just because i "felt lyke it" && boy did it take a toll on my face.. whitehead clusters everywhere! its terrible.. && i was frying some food i was making.. n that got on my face too..

basically... MY FACE WENT KRAZY...

SLEEP EARLY! && STAY AWAY FROM FRIED FOODS!

fried foods, oily fast foods, and no sleep is the best combination to gettin a clear face

ahahahha