Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sinz

whats so good about cetaphil?

I've noticed that alot of people use this cleanser and i want to know if this product is really good and what types of acne is it most effective on? Im currently using clearasil and i feel like im the only one using this thing. if you want include the type of acne that you have and any other products you use along with the cleanser please do so. i dont use any other products along with my cleanser and it has kept my moderate acne under control.

i'm pretty sure that cetaphil is just a cleanser. clearasil is a cleanser with an acne fighting ingredent. that's why it is controling your acne.

Howdy Sinz.

Yeah Toenail is right....most people on this board are on the regimen (....which is why the board is called "the regimen" :) ) You can't combine BP with any other medicated ingredients in your moisturiser or cleanser.

Cetaphil is just a very plain water based cleanser ...it is not medicated - but defintely does not make acne worse. Plus it is gentle and not drying. I'm a fan anyhow.

I've tried so many different cleansers from Biore, Ponds, Nivea and nothing works as good as Cetaphil. I used to have oily skin but then it changed to combination and Cetaphil is the best cleanser for me because it cleans the skin without making it feels dry and it's also non-comedogenic, so it won't clog your pores! Sorry.. starting to sound like an advertisement :)/

many of the people on the bp regimen use it because it's the gentlest non-greasy normal priced cleanser available. (The next closest would probably ne neutrogena extra gentle cleanser, but that makes a lot of people's faces greasy). A lot of supermarkets make a knock-off of it for about half the price too (some do a much better job than others).

i use cetaphil moisturizer after i wash my face with my regimen. my derm gives me all the sample bottles i need. he says it doesnt clog pores and works great, he gives it to all his patients