Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So i've met a guy online and we've been talking for 4 months online and on the phone. He wants to meet me and I'm sure you can imagine why i'm hesitant. The only pictures he's seen of me is when i'm wearing makeup and the camera i have does a good job at being really low quality (haha). I really like this guy and I wouldn't think in a million years I could meet a potential partner online. We're supposed to be meeting in august so i have just a little over a month to try and get rid of my marks. I'm so stressed out about this, i'm worried he'll take one look at me and turn the other way. I feel like i've lied to him..should i go ahead and meet him anyway? Any words of wisdom?

So i've met a guy online and we've been talking for 4 months online and on the phone. He wants to meet me and I'm sure you can imagine why i'm hesitant. The only pictures he's seen of me is when i'm wearing makeup and the camera i have does a good job at being really low quality (haha). I really like this guy and I wouldn't think in a million years I could meet a potential partner online. We're supposed to be meeting in august so i have just a little over a month to try and get rid of my marks. I'm so stressed out about this, i'm worried he'll take one look at me and turn the other way. I feel like i've lied to him..should i go ahead and meet him anyway? Any words of wisdom?

Why would you meet a stranger...if you do watch your back and dont trust him yet. He might just want in and out you know what i mean. Dont trust him.

Guest Amy Lee

If you can, don't try to hide from him your true appearance. That means not much makeup, if possible.

It saves you time and everything from wondering whether he likes how you look or not. Because when all is already out and exposed in the open, like your skin for example, you no longer have to keep on hiding, which is good.

Cheers. =)

Well, let me say, that I am in exactly the same situation as you are lol. I met a girl online who i am completely in love with and we have both decided that I should moved down with her. I live in Alaska right now and she lives in Missouri. We are going to start living together as soon as i get there. My problem is that I have acne on my back, chest, shoulders, and a little on my face. I have three weeks to get rid of it, or I think I am just going to tell her before I leave and see what she says. What I think im going to do is tell her, and send her the worst pics lol I can take that show my acne, and then see what she says. God, the only thing holding me back anymore is my damn acne, I hate it!

he's prolly got a better camera then u and his face is covered in cysts... what was that me u were talking to, lol.gif ... just kidding.

Ahhh im going through the same thing right now, i been talking to this awesome guy online for like 2 months, we do the whole webcam thing but that doesnt show my acne lolz, and he wants to meet me and all.. and i guess i want to meet him too but my acne is getting in the way..like alwayzz and it sucks big time, so i'm on the verge of saying we shouldnt talk 2 each other anymore coz it's upsetting me 2 much everytime hes like.."wanna meet up next week?" confused.gif

This guy has told me numerous times it's more than just physical attraction and that he'd still like me if i weren't 'attractive'. I don't know how true that is. We do the webcam thing too nessy. I'm always complaining how bad my camera is and so he just bought me a brand new, expensive, high quality one. You can imagine how worried i am... lol.

okay here's my story:

Last year I met my Derek on myspace. We started flirting and chatting and we found something in common with each other.

We decided to meet up. We went for a couple of dates and i fell hard.

But my skin went psycho. also i gained a few pounds. lowered my self-esteem to the point that i kept refusing to see him, saying i have some medical problems.

the relationship ended after a few months. i don't blame him.

after the break-up i cleared up and dated again. currently dating another guy i met on myspace (yeah, i know, i'm stupid). now this is no love thing, it's just a hook-up. i learned my lesson from my relationship with Derek - don't expect too much, just enjoy it. don't focus on one person. if you're meant to be, then you'll end up together. just enjoy what you have.

BUT KEEP YOUR EXPECTATIONS LOW!

no expectations = no hurting

i cannot repeat that enough.

Yeah, id say we are moving too fast, but we are young and in love. My problem is im throwing away everything I have here just to be with her and I have never actually met her in person, just chatted for about two months now, cammed with her, and talked to her on the phone. We already have plans for me to move in with her the day I get there in about three weeks and sleep in the same bed together on the first night. But tonight I'm gonna tell her about my mild face acne and then bacne and chest acne, I just hope she doesnt care, which I think shes wont. She means everything to me right now, and that is why I am doing all of this.

alaskacne- wow thats a pretty huge thing to do i would never have the confidence to do that i have real low self esteem and well yer it sux.

i dont know how to end this internet relationship i have i dont want to but i think its the right thing to do. sad.gif

I would tell them the truth before meeting them.

I mean, you've become close right? You can tell them pretty much anything?

If they decide that they can't deal with the acne, than that's up to them.

I used to have pretty bad acne - than I took the 'tane a few years back, and i cleared up - then I met my boyfriend - just recently (by just recently, I guess I mean in the last year hahaha) I started to break out again.

There was this one week that I refused to see my boyfriend at all.

I ended up confiding in him about my skin problems.

He said to me, "I would rather see you WITH acne, than not see you at all."

Have faith in this person - maybe they aren't shallow.

OMG! Everyone just go and tell them you have acne! I just did and she doesnt care AT ALL. I told her every bad thing i could think of about me, and she still loves me so much. Just do it for yourself, they are not going to care, they fell in love with you and not as much your looks. I feel 100% better right now and I CANNOT wait to meet.

I just don't think I can do that. I'm working hard to get rid of the marks right now but in reality, i know they won't be gone by the time we meet. I just feel really guilty about this because i've lead him to belive i'm this flawless being and that's very far from the truth. Of course he likes my personality but we can't deny that physical appearance doesn't play a role. I feel like i can't break this off with him without him falling apart. Once again, acne has ruined something good.

sad.gif

A couple weeks before you see him talk to him and casually be like "geez, I dont know whats goin on with me, but my face has been breaking out lately...it's pissin me off" Atleast now when he meets you he'll be some what aware that you have acne or had acne and it won't be a surprise to him.