Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kenzie

been on the regimen 4 soooo long...im worried

the active acne went about week 8 or sumink so i was really pleased with that....but nothings really changed for the last few months and im still left with sooooo many red marks all over my face but particularly on my cheeks

my skin seems really dried out and kinda tired even tho i giv it loads of moisturiser and a daily scrub. The scrub really helps tho.

I cant seem to wear foundation either it seems coz even wen my face looks smooth enough, the second i put the foundation on i get a load of flaking out of nowhere!

I guess im just soooo tired of waiting for my skin to get better-wondered if any of you have any suggestions to wot i could maybe add to my regimen or wotever to get things moving again and get rid of all the evil little red marks.

Also, itd be good to no if anyone else hear was like me for the first 20 or wotever weeks but then miraculously had an improvement and emerged with soft, supple and radiant skin!!! If only..........

Please help me im geting majourly distressed about all this!

HI i havent started on the regimen yet, but im really sorry for the way thing are going 4 u! maybe u should lower the amount of BP on your face, and for the red marks go to the message board and click on "red marks" and when you do that you will a see a post that says "OMG you guys have to try this" and click on it!

heres the riegimen just incas u dont want to do that......

morning

cleanse with dove

then mix abking soda with water till it makes a paste and then massage your face with that for a little while like 2o seconds or less then wash off!!!!!!

then mix apple cider vinegar with water like 1 cap of the ACV with 4 caps of water amd apply that to your face with a cotton ball! the ACV will help take away ALL your red marks! leave the ACV on for 10 mins and then wash off!

then apply BP

then a moisturizer

at night

wash your face with dove

then your gonna make a mask using egg white and lemon(3tbl spoons) then apply that apply to your face till it dries and then wash off!

then apply the BP and the the moisturzer and your done!

do this for 2 whole week and the results will be great! HAVE patients!

the active acne went about week 8 or sumink so i was really pleased with that....but nothings really changed for the last few months and im still left with sooooo many red marks all over my face but particularly on my cheeks

my skin seems really dried out and kinda tired even tho i giv it loads of moisturiser and a daily scrub. The scrub really helps tho.

I cant seem to wear foundation either it seems coz even wen my face looks smooth enough, the second i put the foundation on i get a load of flaking out of nowhere!

I guess im just soooo tired of waiting for my skin to get better-wondered if any of you have any suggestions to wot i could maybe add to my regimen or wotever to get things moving again and get rid of all the evil little red marks.

Also, itd be good to no if anyone else hear was like me for the first 20 or wotever weeks but then miraculously had an improvement and emerged with soft, supple and radiant skin!!! If only..........

Please help me im geting majourly distressed about all this!

are you using eucerin renewal as your moisturizer? if not, i'd make the switch. another easy addition to the regimen is aloe vera (perhaps in lieu of a moisturizer at night, or even atop the moisturizer.) if irritation isnt a problem for you, working a 10% gycolic acid lotion into your regimen (again, perhaps in lieu of a moisturizer at night - or even a thin layer underneath your b.p.) will provide faster results than the lactic acid in eucerin renewal. there are certainly other treatments (scarzone, hydroquinone) that you can look into if you find the results from the above lacking.

the foundation thing is kinda weird but just last nite i found one that goes on OK and looks good. I reckon if you chioose a really matte one then it clings to all the dryness co its trying to make your face look majourly non oily.

anyways i dunno whether to just slug it out with the regimen for like another six months(yawn) or woteva because it really did work wonders in killing off all of the active acne. Imean, sure red marks are a pain in the ass but there realy NOTHING compared to the shit that proper hard core acne gives u!

Im just so worried that ill put some weirdo cream or woteva on my face and itl cause a major breakout. Well i guess thats always the worry though isnt it when u start a new treatment. I just dunno whether the gamble is worth it.

Im really keen on trying some sort of peel thing though that lifts off all the old skin cells-loads of people go on about it in the red marks foreum. I just get really confused in dat foreum though coz there are SO many people talking about SO many different treatments it just gets really overwhelming. I only fuly trust what dan says coz his regiomen seems so reliable. I guess dans advice would be to sit it out and wait for the marks to realy fade slllooowwwlllyyy slowly slowly......

Do as much as you can to reduce irritation to the redmarks; using a product to remove skin cells from your face might irritate redmarks and make them stick around longer.

Exfoliating fades the red marks faster

I also use herbal logix spot scar and blemish cream to fade mine... works quite well

Exfoliating fades the red marks faster

It does? I never knew that. I was under the impression that exfoliation might irritate the skin.

Guess its because I'm a guy and don't know any better. cool.gif Thanks for clearing it up for me

seriously? how long hav u been on the regimen 4 then?

hey..

I heard ur face was flaky and tired..etc. at times..well maybe u could try splashing some cold milk to sooth (let sit for 10 mins) to calm ur face..moisturize with some jojoba oil and just relax with slices of cucumber. That should do the trick!

hey..

I heard ur face was flaky and tired..etc. at times..well maybe u could try splashing some cold milk to sooth (let sit for 10 mins) to calm ur face..moisturize with some jojoba oil and just relax with slices of cucumber. That should do the trick!