Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KK

I am just washing face with Purpose bar cleanser!

And nothing else.My skin becomes tight but I don't really smile,else,maybe I apply some moisturizer around my mouth area.

Anyone know of a soap/cleanser that after u wash,it's not as tight or dry? It seems to me applying BP and moisturizer makes my face look pretty bad.So since some ppl said washing their face with soap only and nothing else works for them...I might give it a try.

Any downsides to that? I am 20 yrs old,150 pds,pretty clean diet,out in the sun once in a while(sports).

I want to see if the acne dries up naturally. :-k

im also 20 years old and weigh around 145. right now im using clearasil's cleanser which works pretty good with my moderate acne. i've been using it for about a month now and i been getting little to no breakouts. im not under the regimen or anything, im just using the cleanser and it seems to be working fine just by it self. i would recommend it for anyone with moderate acne since its what i have, and if you do try it out let me know if it works for you :]

When I tried clearasil with 2% salycilic acid... my acne got really red.. and made it worse.. but thats only for my skin type i guess

I use Neutrogena for Men Skin Clearing Face Wash. I think it has 1.5% SA, maybe 2%.

Smells nice :), and it will make your skin a little tight. But I also tried Purpose, and omg that was crazy. I thought my skin would just rip anytime I moved my mouth. Neutrogena isn't quite that bad.

sinz when u are talkin bout the 2% salicylic acid wash r u ralkin bout the 3 in 1 clearasil wash. hope ne1 can help me here 8-[

Hmmm a lot of people are saying the Purpose bar leaves their face dry and tight, but for me the name really does stand true, "gentle", I've had other soaps that compeltely dry out my skin and even w/ moisturizer it's dry and scaley.

But this stuff is gentle, cleans my skin, and I can tell it's helpin w/ the acne.

There isn't even a need for the moisturizer really. I just apply the BP.

But I've tried Nivea for Men's products as well, and I must say their line of products, no matter how... expensive? Because they market their product well and it's like a "name brand" but still they are quite effective.

--ZioN

When I tried clearasil with 2% salycilic acid... my acne got really red.. and made it worse.. but thats only for my skin type i guess

You're not the only one Garg. I use SA since 5 days and it make my skin red for an hour. But I gess it'll take 2 weeks for the skin get use. I'll give to the board some feedbacks.

But what I can already say is that SA works better for mild acne than BP. As I've mild acne and severe one, so I use the 2 things. And it's a very good combo! :-/

I'm using the purpose wash & dig it mightily. However, i do use a mask {queenhelene}

& a scrub {murad} once a week along w/ my aha moisturizer everyday. Bar soaps have always dried/ broken me out.