Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hocomd

Stopping Accutane while on vacation (sunny beach)

Has anyone stopped accutane for a week or so while on vacation? Was told to do this for the 7 days I'm at the beach. Any info would be appreciated. I am hesitant since my results at this point are really good.

Seven days off won't really help with the sun hypersensitivity, you'd need a couple months for that. On the other hand, 7 days off wouldn't really hurt your Accutane progress either, since results are cumulative - although it might cause a breakout. Either way you are going to need to use a good sunscreen.

the only reason accutane+sun is bad is because youre more sensitive to light. as long as you wear a heavy sunblock and reapply a lot you will be fine. you dont need to stop taking it for that week.

damn it people!

I am on accutane and I am using spf 15 sunscreen, and not all the time!

I wanted to tane a little bit and I did. Think it's ok? I always figured that accutane and sun is bad because you get burned faster and easier. Right? Well I always spend on the beach like 30 minutes to 1 hour. I got tanned slowly and did not get burned at all. Well, my skin doesn't hurt like it does when you get burned.

So do you think it's ok? I'm not going to find skin cancer next month am I? Some people on this forum tan like crazy.. like Craigems.. and they seem fine.

What do you think? It's just that for me, going home after a 2 week vacation absolutely white, is like not being on vacation at all.

Accutane just makes you burn easier, you won't get skin cancer tomorrow. However, tanning is sun damage, it is cumulative, and greatly increases your chances of getting skin cancer down the road. Plus you will age prematurely.

Don't go in the sun while on accutane as I found out. I went out for the day and was not expecting it to be sunny so I didn't were any sun lotion as there was no need. Then came the sun and the heat with in 5 mins my neck was all red and it's very sore so keep out of the sun if you can.