Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lucky123

Help...Yellow undertones....!!!!

Okay. I am asian and have medium to medium/deep skin tone with STRONG yellow undertones. Just to give you an idea of how yellow I am, even MAC C4 and C40 are too pink/gray for me. So, is there anyone out there (hello, asians? LOL) that uses a really good coveraged yellow-based foundation/concealer? I was looking into foundation by Body & Soul or by CARGO (both from Sephora). I don't know yet. Any Suggestions? PLEASE. eusa_pray.gif I'm also acne-prone, and MAC just broke me out. Also, I can't wear most mineral make up brands because I always break out from them too. mad.gif

I second the Shiseido. Also, Bobbi Brown has some good yellow-based shades, as does Laura Mercier.

I've heard Almay and Neutrogena (shades like Golden Bisque) work well for Asian skintones. I'm Asian myself, but I don't wear foundation very often.

I have yellow undertones also. All makeup looked to pink on me. I use Sasha cosmetics from sashacosmetics.com. The have samples, 3 samples for $2.00 or free with any order but the samples are really big!! I have to mix the 2 lightest colors but I found my perfect match. NO MORE PINK AND ORANGE!!!! eusa_dance.gif

Thanks guys! Yes, I have tried Shiseido, but it made me break out a little. I haven't tried bobbi brown yet, so I just might. Has anyone used Body & Soul or CARGO cosmestics?

I have yellow undertones and a very fair skin tone. Everything is usually too pink for me.

However.... two concealers I use are from Bobbi Brown. The Creamy Concealer works well for under the eyes. It works for blemishes too, but I notice it does make me break out so I only use that in an emergency to cover something. The one I use everyday on blemishes is the Blemish Cover Stick. These two products are yellow-based and have no pink in them as far as I can tell.

Both on this page...

Bobbi Brown Concealers

Bobbi brown, NARS, prescriptives, shiseido, sacha, and stila all have yellow undertones to some of their line.

I like prescriptives and they also have the color match where you can get a color custom made if you need it (about $60 for a good size bottle of liquid). NARS did not have a color for me, I'm african american but the asian sales girl at sephora uses NARS liquid foundation. If there is a sephora near you just go in there and browse, get some they also accept returns on anything you dont like-within 30 days.

. Also Prescriptives give HUGE samples. Go to their counter and try it out.

I've stopped trying to find a foundation and I just use a bronzing powder all over for color

Prescriptives is AMAZING for colour matching. I'm yellow-based in skin tone and find it very hard to find an appropriate foundation colour and I've been using Prescriptives for decades now (I'm in my early 40's). It's WELL worth going.

Also, check out Paula Begoun's cosmetics reviews; she singles out companies with good colour matches for yellow-based foundations. You can read her books or look at a shortened list of her reviews at her website (look at my sig. for a link).

Cashmira biggrin.gif