Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jlaubach731

After Cleansing My Face......

For the past two days, after cleansing, I pat dry and go wait the 15minutes as suggested. When I go in to apply bp, I see that I have white marks that I originally thought might be the cleansing bar stuff I left on... But upon closer examination, these flakes appear to be my skin.... IS this a normal part of the regimen? After moisturizing, there are opnly a few flakes, and you can only see them if youre real close, so I guess its ok, but if I rub against my dark colored shirt, their are skin flakes all over....

I don't know if we have the same problem...but I recently was forced to use 5% BP (I ran out of OTS) and I don't think that was very good for my skin...after cleansing...and once my skin is dry, tonight, I saw that my face resembled the skin of...um...some sort of animal...I had blotches of darker colored skin against spots of skin that looked newer. I was flaking ALL OVER my cheeks. I smiled (on purpose) and I was absolutely appalled at the horribly dried up facial epidermis that my mirror willingly, without hesitation, reflected back at my horror-struck eyes.

Yeah, it was horrible. I think it was all dead skin...I'm not sure.

I was in dispair. NEVER IN MY LIFE had my skin looked this way. I took some apricot scrub and scrubbed...really hard against my skin in an effort to get rid of this stuff...I know, bad move...I irritated my skin and after applying BP/moisturizer tonight I bet I won't be able to sleep because of the stinging....

Oh well...if anyone has a more reasonable answer than I do...please enlighten us...

Certainly sounds to me like you are dealing with some dry and flakey dead skin, a likely result from using a lot of BP. Are you still fairly early on in using the regimen regularly? Perhaps a week to three or so in? Seems like this is a common thing in that time frame.

Further, this is the reason the suggestion is to use moisturizer from day one.

There is no question that the use of BP dries out our skin, particularly when it comes to the volumes being used here, be thankful we can get 2.5% or this would be nearly impossible for most of us! At any rate, this seems *normal* to me, and can be managed with moisturizer. It's worst right after you clean your face no doubt as your skin is at its most dry. Moisturizer, moisturizer, moisturizer... Do you skip moisturizer in the evening? I know I'm tempted to do that almost every night (I just want to get some sleep!) but I've been trying to do it as I'm sure it's helping keep my skin from getting overly flakey.

ACtually, at Walmart all they had was 10% Bp stuff, so thats what Im using.... could be it.... and i might be using too much..... But My face is only irritated for like an hour after bp.... but right now, Its itcht and i looked at myself in the mirror and I really need to start the regimenfor tonight so Z can put on bp and then moisturize. I have been moisturizing though. Does overmoisturizing make the bp less effective?

Ahh! Don't use 10%...I know Wal-Mart sucks at stocking enough OTS...I know...but you need 2.5 definitely.

Yes, dryness and flaking is a normal thing in the beginning. I don't know how long you've been on the regimen, but you can consider adding a moisturizer with alpha hydroxy acid, lactic acid, etc. That should cut down on the flakes. Have you tried the Eucerin Skin Renewal? It is really good at cutting down on flakiness.

Brandy

I've been on the Regimen for around 8 weeks and this recently happened. I think it's because I used 5% BP on a few occasions.

JV, I know exactly what youre talking about. You get darker patches of skin against your skin and when you smile those areas get wrinkled up. I had to deal with that for the first month of the regimen while my skin was getting used to it and it was not pleasant.

Scrubbing will not get rid of it... you will have to wait for it to fix itself... and it takes a LONG time, a couple weeks at least... just put aloe and moisturizer on it

Ahh..I know it makes me look like a weird breed of dalmatian, okiedokes. Thanks for the tip =).