Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alliask

Hypopigmentation on my back

I have hypopigmentation all over my back thats caused by using an at-home microdermabrasion kit 2 years ago. I had overdone it and caused my back to get red, itchy and irritated and peel like crazy a few days later. I still have white spots from the skin trauma 2 years ago. At first, I wasn't sure if the spots were caused by uneven application of sunblock lotion, but I have tried to tan my back and those spots won't tan.

Currently, I'm trying to even out my back by keeping it out of the sun so that my entire back can fade to a color as light as the white spots. I've noticed that the color on my butt is as light as the spots, so if my back can fade to the color of my butt, then the spots will blend in. Does anyone know if my back will ever fade to the lightness of my butt, since my back has been in the sun before (suffered tanning and damage) whereas my butt has never received sun exposure?

Have any of you experienced anything similar to what I have, and know of a treatment for it? I've heard that there is not treatment for hypopigmentation sad.gif

I've attached a picture of the current state of my back. I went to the beach a few months ago so my back is kinda tanned. I'm still waiting for that to fade (I hope it will fade). The white spots are a lot more prominent in person because the lighting of the camera doesn't capture it that well.

Another question... do you think my back is gross? I'm really self conscious about it and I hate myself for causing it to look like that. I was an idiot for using the microdermabrasian kit so roughly on my back. I have a hard time forgiving myself cause I get upset every time I look at my back. My friends tell me not to worry about it cause it's not like I'm a stripper or anything. Hardly anyone ever sees my back. Yet I think I will be really self conscious if I get into bed with a guy.

post-3690-1119940643_thumb.jpg

post-3690-1119940643_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the nice words. I guess the spots aren't as noticeable in the pics since you guys can't really see them. I'll just try not to be so self conscious.

alli,

believe it or not, humans may be superficial, though we are not that superficial smile.gif

looks okay to me.. though as you said hard to tell with that pic...

when do people look at your back anyway.. if your bod is nice, people will be looking at your ass, breasts, legs, stomach and face... notice i left back out smile.gif

but hey thats just me.

chin up

ninja.gif <-- i added that face purley on the fact that i thought the ninja face looked good.

Thanks for the nice words.  I guess the spots aren't as noticeable in the pics since you guys can't really see them.  I'll just try not to be so self conscious.