Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know this is probably going to sound crazy...but I've developed some weird habits because of my acne...1) First thing I do, regardless of how sleepy I am, I always touch my face as soon as I wake up to feel if any new acne has formed, or in hopes that the acne that was there before I went to sleep has went down. It's strange because I must memorize where every spot is before I go to sleep...because my hand goes straight to the most broken out part of my face as SOON as I get up. 2) I brush my teeth with the bathroom mirror open so I can't see myself...mostly to keep myself from attacking my skin...because my makeup isn't on to make it less obivious. 3) I clean everything...my phone...my keyboard...tv remote...anything that could have germs on it...

on and on and on...my whole life is centered around my skin...how broken out it is...what I can do to keep it clear...

To be honest...I could keep on listing things...but I don't want to seem like a total crazy...I was just wondering if anyone else does things like this?...or if I'm just going over the deep end...

Ha ha.. I do that same thing with the mirror.. I just recently started doing it cause my skin has been the worse it's ever been.. and only worse on my right side.. go figure... I keep the lights really low whereever I go in the house... I cook with barely any light so my husband doesn't see my hideous face... umm, that's all I can think of right now... tough there is probably more... I understand what you are saying....

man, good thread, I can't believe I haven't seen this yet. Yea, I have the habit of checking my acne first thing every morning, but im sure we all do that. My weirdest thing is that I plan my day around when I'm going to wash my face. I try to space it out so that there's 6 hours between each washing. Sometimes I go homr from work on my break to make so I don't miss. eusa_whistle.gif

I always make sure I know when I am hanging out with my friends at least a day in advance, so that I can plan out my schedule for the day I see them. I need at least 3 hours of "awake time" before I see them.

That is enough time for me to pick a pimple if neccesary, and then cover it up successfully-

-Enough time for me to do my complete beauty routine, put on my makeup, pick out a shirt that will cover up my body acne, and pants that will make me look super-skinny, do my hair perfectly-

-Enough time to do everything a second time if I make a mistake, or my makeup looks bad, then I can redo it over again.

Nice life huh? God I just wish I could get out of bed and have a normal life and not obsess about how my skin looks!!!!

I was going to post a thread like this one a couple of days ago, but you beat me to it, amandakay! I go through a whole ritualistic washing of my hands many times throughout the day to ensure that IN CASE my hands make contact with my face, they are at least relatively clean when they do so. Also, I wash my face first thing in the morning to ensure that any mites from my pillow do not stay on my face and aggravate my skin further than they need to. I have also had to alter some of my social plans as well. For instance, I am now debating about whether or not to go camping for three days. As anyone with sensitive skin can understand, there are special considerations to be made when indoor plumbing is not available. For instance, I would have to reserve a supply of clean water for face washing, and since the campsite is near a lake, I would have to be careful of not letting my face make any contact with the dirty water. Whew! All in all, acne has added more hassles to my life than there need to be!

Fuck, everytime you wake up you always get a yellow thing. Like hundreds of them. I spend like an hour trying to clear up my face and i never use to do these. It took 5 minutes for me to get ready for anything, now im so worried about my face takes me like an hour, fuck sakes.

Reading over what everyone else said made me think of other things that I do! I also plan my day around my acne...I always put my makeup on FIRST...because I fear that hair products will get on my hands and then end up on my skin...then boom...acne... I fight working out because I hate to sweat...because I know it makes my pores mad as heck...so, even though I'm thin...I can't even run anymore! I love to be outside...but I can't camp because I have no idea how I would keep my skin clean while away from home...I also try to make up for my acne by making for sure that everything else is perfect...my hair...teeth...ect....takes me over an hour to just look normal!!! I look in every mirror I pass...because I FEAR that my makeup has came off my acne...I'm SUPER clean...which is a good thing...but I can't even stay at some of my friend's places because I know their pillows and sheets aren't well....that clean...I always keep my nails really really short...so crap can't get under them....on and on and on....shooo.... stupid acne....