Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zoegirl

moisturising cream - not for me!!

Hi all

I’m new to this forum. smile.gif

I’m 21, and have recently developed mild acne over the past 8 months. Before this, my skin was perfect. I really only have pimples on my chin, and forehead. I have been prescribed topical lotion - Clindamycin from my doctor. It worked really well in clearing up my forehead, and I only had one or two pimples. However, my skin became quite dry and itchy from using the topical treatment. In my initial appointment with my dr. I told her that I believed moisturising cream to be irritating my skin, and causing my pimples. She shrugged it off, and said that it wasn’t moisturiser, but rather hormones. Anyhow, I tried using Cetaphil, and Ego - an Aust. moisturise that is supposed to be non-comedegenic. Well I used it 2-3 times, and at first I thought it was great as it made my skin feel less dry. I now have heaps of pimples on my forehead again, and they are red and sore. There lots of tiny little ones. I'm so frustrated. I don’t think moisturiser is for me, not even the non-comedegenic ones. Does anyone feel the same, or have any advice ........

Hi all

I’m new to this forum. smile.gif

I’m 21, and have recently developed mild acne over the past 8 months. Before this, my skin was perfect. I really only have pimples on my chin, and forehead. I have been prescribed topical lotion - Clindamycin from my doctor. It worked really well in clearing up my forehead, and I only had one or two pimples. However, my skin became quite dry and itchy from using the topical treatment. In my initial appointment with my dr. I told her that I believed moisturising cream to be irritating my skin, and causing my pimples. She shrugged it off, and said that it wasn’t moisturiser, but rather hormones. Anyhow, I tried using Cetaphil, and Ego - an Aust. moisturise that is supposed to be non-comedegenic. Well I used it 2-3 times, and at first I thought it was great as it made my skin feel less dry. I now have heaps of pimples on my forehead again, and they are red and sore. There lots of tiny little ones. I'm so frustrated. I don’t think moisturiser is for me, not even the non-comedegenic ones. Does anyone feel the same, or have any advice ........