Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
$carface

TOOTHPASTE for pimples

Hey everyone,

Ive had a few pimples around my face whilst i was at school, im now 19 at university and ive had major breakouts the past couple of months, especially on my chin sad.gif I thought as you grow older acne is supposed to calm down.

Anyway ive been trying the Regimen but my skin is too sensitive to 2.5% peroxide. Im not allergic to it or anything but my skin is really really sensitive, i can't even apply a really small amount on my face because it becomes excessivly dry and red cry.gif Ive been reading on other forums that toothpaste is quite effective at eliminating pimples, apprantly overnight. I was just wondering has anyone tried applying toothpa ste, is it any good??

I have heard this too. My friend did that. Do not put it all over your face. test it out by spot treating. I have never done it though.

yea i've tried it in the past...it doesnt do anything for me at all plus its really sticky and burns

it does leave your skin with a wonderful minty smell though. but it burns like mad tongue.gif burn burn burn. la la la

Yeh ill probably try it just to see if anything happens, hopefully dont burn too much. But if it burns doesn't that mean its reacting to the acne?

it burns because its on flesh that is broken. or thin skin. try applying that on a scrap. itll still burn. put it in your eye if you want to cool.gif

I did couple years back..actually i did the stupidist thing ever. Thats how my acne started when i was 11 (now im 13) I saw this ad. on tv its a brushing massager thing like and its supposed brush ur pimples away.. so yeah i took my electric toothbrush with toothpaste and started brushing around my cheeks and up to my nose and around my t zone. Well here was my condition, i thot brushing my face (a dimwit like me would've done something like that) would clear up 2-5 pimples on my face. Dudee my face was so freakn clear! WEL... The next morning about 10-15 new ones popped up. New tiny ones that looked like active milia. Thats how my acne started from then on. Well theres my stupid rant. xD Anyways..dont brush ur face with a toothbrush if u ever get a stupid idea like that. But spot treatment is good for BIG FORMING ACTIVE pimples. Mine swell down within hrs!

I tried this a few years back. What I found was that if it was a tiny, imperceptible little whitehead, it WOULD dry it out. I didn't find it to work any better than BP, however, and was a lot more troublesome and messy. I would only recommend using it as an emergency manuever on one or two minor pimples.

As for acne calming down with age. It will, but it's often a two steps forward and one step back process. I'm 33 years old and trying the regimen because I can't believe I'm 33 and still breaking out. If you search the boards you'll find lots of posts from people in their 30s. You're doing the right thing by trying to get this under control now. If you can keep it from developing into a more severe problem you'll be a lot better off. Believe me, I speak from hard experience.

I tried this a few years ago, with no luck. Not that I'm saying it doesn't work, it just didn't do much for me. smile.gif

..i read bout the toothpast thingy once..

..was too skeptical to try it..so i just did it once..

....it didnt burn, but it didnt do anything for the zit either...

..so it's just a myth

Guest Craigems

depends if it good quality... and what minty freshness it provides... if its Colgate meh... go mcCleans. ":P never tried it personally lol.

just use dans regimen, it works.

my regimen:

cetaphil anti-bac bar soap

proactiv toner- works great before bp

Bp gel

and i dont use a moisturizer because my oils balance with the toner.

BP works on sencetive skin too i had a very very very very VERY sencetive skin when ever i use to wash my fae or somthing my fourhead use to get red some what like rashes after i started using regiem my skin was really red for a month and acne got cleared up and and yea redness will fade away in a month or soo but dont worry BP works just try it for a week u will see the diffrence

Why don't you just use Baking SODA (not Baking Powder) ?

That's what is in the toothpaste, and that's what is working on your spots. You can get it from most shops/"food stores".

It'll save on the burning, anyway.

Benzol peroxide can be used on even sensitive skin, as I have sensitive skin and I use it

I started on the 5.0 and it was WAY too strong for my skin, very painful infact

Ive just started on the 2.5 and although it does make my skin flake a lot, I use the BP sparingly and only a couple of days a week at night before i go to bed

you have to build up an immunity to the strong chemicals before you can start slathering it all over your face like a topical, it just takes time and you need to find out what works for you :)