Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Braby_2005

Please Read! I need your help and expertise!!

I've been lurking around on this forum for a while now but this is my first post.

I know some of you love a good dilemma to get your teeth into so here goes...

I went to my dermatologist appointment today- I had to wait about 14 weeks. When I made the appointment my skin was pretty bad. But in the months since it's cleared up quite a bit. I've been using Duac and the baking soda/vingegar Delna regimen.

I'm practically clear of spots but I'm just left with some red marks, a few blemishes and general redness over the face- I get flushed a lot.

I asked the derm for something for my redness and she prescribed the following:

- PanOxyl

- Differin (treatments to be taken on alternate nights with PanOxyl)

- Erythromycin (oral antibiotics)

So, I thought I would ask for some of your expert advice- I know you some of you are very knowlegable in this subject (Even more so than most doctors!!).

Is it worth the break-outs/risk of making the skin worse/taking oral antibiotics?! Does anyone have any advice? I have very mild acne. Shall I stick to my current regimen. Or is there only so much that vinegar and Duac can do?

I was thinking of not taking the oral antibiotics and just use the cream instead of the Duac on alternate nights with the baking soda/vinegar.

I don't want to undo all the work I've done thus far and I really don't want to make my skin worse- it just needs a few touch ups to make it clear.

Please help!

I would be a little worried about the antibiotics too. They seem to be what strengthens the acne bacteria so much. With every antibiotic, people seem to get worse and worse. At least it seems that way to me.

I am not saying don't take it. But it's a good question.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it???????

Instead of antibiotics for reducing inflamation or whatever, there is a new products (a sort of acne vitamin) it is called nicomide. Something to look into as it is used to treat rosacea as well, you need a prescription for it.