Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
urangelpal

Sick of looking for a good foundation

I just spent so much time on MakeupAlley looking at reviews trying to find a foundation that may work for me. I feel like Ive spent so much money trying to find a good one, and the only ones I really havent tried are all the expensive designer brands.

Maybelline: eh, ok. But I need more coverage.

Covergirl: Horrible colors, and the last one I tried (Outlast) made my cheeks breakout.

Max Factor: Currently trying the Lasting Perormance. It's alright, but doesnt stay. And no where on the bottle does it say oil-free or non comegenic, so Im just waiting for the breakout.

Revlon: Colorstay is probably the best Ive tried, But I still dont think it stays put.

Almay: Not enough Coverage.

Perhaps Im just too picky? I used to be ok with a sheer coverage until I tried revlon, and then i liked having more coverage to hide my acne scars. My skin gets kinda oily throughout the day so Im sure thats why none of the lasting foundations really stay as long as they should.

I know a lot of people suggest MAC. I may consider it the next time Im at the mall where they actually carry MAC. But the ones recommended are powders, so Im highly sceptical on the coverage and how well it stays.

Im not sure if I am really looking for a reply to this or not. Really it's just a rant cause Im having no luck finding my HG of foundations.

I LOVE Bare Escentuals. It really covers acne scars really well and makes my complexion look perfect. It fades throughout the day, though, as most makeup does.

I LOVE Bare Escentuals. It really covers acne scars really well and makes my complexion look perfect. It fades throughout the day, though, as most makeup does.

I always, always come back to Prescriptives. I use the virtual youth foundation (ignore all the bs about lifting/moisture/etc) I am super oily and this stays all day with MAC matte primer underneath. Never breaks me out and a little goes a looooooooong way. Works very well with MAC's studio concealer.

Can you buy it in a store though? I have to be able to see the colors before I purchase makeup.

I always, always come back to Prescriptives. I use the virtual youth foundation (ignore all the bs about lifting/moisture/etc) I am super oily and this stays all day with MAC matte primer underneath. Never breaks me out and a little goes a looooooooong way. Works very well with MAC's studio concealer.

Is this available in drug stores? Ill definitely have to check this one out if it is.

urangelpal, you could also try going to dillard's and have them try on Fashion Fair souffle for you. A little is all you need to get awesome coverage, and one bottle lasts eons. (I'm still on my first a year later). I use it along with Bare Escentuals warmth and mineral veil for more color, and although the FF coverage is phenomenal, I think the combination works best for me.

Good luck!

urangelpal, you could also try going to dillard's and have them try on Fashion Fair souffle for you.  A little is all you need to get awesome coverage, and one bottle lasts eons.  (I'm still on my first a year later).  I use it along with Bare Escentuals warmth and mineral veil for more color, and although the FF coverage is phenomenal, I think the combination works best for me.

Good luck!

Hi! I'm sorry, I just assumed it was a national department store. I didn't mean to limit your choices. If you live in the US, here's where you can find a list of stores that carry their product (I'd call before going to see if they have souffle). also, if they want to try something else for you, ask how long it lasts to see if it might last as long as the souffle.

http://www.fashionfair.com/assembled/buy.html

Maybelline Purestay powder gives awesome coverage especially when combined with a good liquid like L'Oreal cahsmere perfect AND you can get it at a drug store eusa_dance.gif

KANEBO KANEBO KENEBO!!!!

When I had acne I always used the kanebo pressed powder (dont know what its called exactly but if you asked at the kanebo counter they'll know what you talking about), its maximum coverage and very natural, silky looking, it never caused me any breakouts and gives your face a matte look!

I reccommended this product to all my friends with bad skin and they use it religously now!

Now Im on roaccutane, and my skin is dry so Im using the kanebo cream foundation, which in medium cover but very moisturising.

KANEBO rules!!!

KANEBO KANEBO KENEBO!!!!

When I had acne I always used the kanebo pressed powder (dont know what its called exactly but if you asked at the kanebo counter they'll know what you talking about), its maximum coverage and very natural, silky looking, it never caused me any breakouts and gives your face a matte look!

I reccommended this product to all my friends with bad skin and they use it religously now!

Now Im on roaccutane, and my skin is dry so Im using the kanebo cream foundation, which in medium cover but very moisturising.

KANEBO rules!!!

I've never been a fan of drugstore foundations but I just tried a brand new one by L'Oreal called Infallible...hasn't made me breakout...gives a nice matte finish and covers pretty well...and has an SPF...I pair this with my Almay Skin Stays Clean pressed powder and my face has been pretty clear.

bare essentials is a really good one, I use the concealer, nothing else from the range, but the concealer is awesome, covers very well and stays put, I buy mine from boots, so if you dont live in the uk, dunno where you would get it, apart from online.

as for reccomendations. MAC MAC MAC MAC. all the way, it is the best out there.

not all their foundations are powders either, their range is absolutely massive, I've tried one of their liquid ones before, but I love their studio fix foundation which is powder, but underneath concealer, it is wonderful, if youre looking for real good coverage, their studio tech (I think it is) is very cool, and not a powder. I suggest going to somewhere that sells it, and letting the sales women talk you through it all, and see what they suggest.