Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

recenty acne has taken over every part of my mind, worse than it has before. I just dont know what to do to be honest. I dont wanna go outside or even see anyone till its gone, i feel like im not good enough to be going outside cause of how i look and feel. Im currently on accutane and i can say 100% that the depression is NOT from the drug, i felt like this before and now when im taking the final thing that can help and see'ing no improvement it just sends me crazy to think 'what the fuk now?'. When i look in the mirror i jus feel mad at myself and discusted. I just dont think i can carry on no more, 7 years is enough, ive tryed so hard to get over it but now its officially wrecking my life. One thing would make it easyer for me, which i know wont happen but i just wanna know why? what have i done to bring this upon myself.

Hey,

Hang in there, God knows that many of us are where you are now. What I can say is that although it might not feel like it, things will get better. Just hang in there, ride out the storm.

To most poeple who write threads like yours, i ask them to actively try and overcome their depression, becuse its ever so easy to just let it dominate your life.

First things first, staying in your room all day doesn't help. Sure its safe, but there is a world out there. The more you stay away from society the harder it is to get back in.

Acne = depression = don't do things you usually like to do = even more depressed

Make an effort to do the things you love, because i know without music and books i couldn't have got through the most difficult times.

chow

Feel better! Accutane should help you. I feel the same way..don't want to go outside. Acne has ruined my face AND my life.

At least your on accutane..you have hope! Don't give up eusa_angel.gif

NewEra,

I just finished 5 months Accutane a week ago.. started in January, and it was probably the most intense and stressful time of my life when it came to dealing with acne.

Not only for the first 1-3.5 months did it seem like the drug wasn't working, but I too was "more aware" of my previous depression - it seemed like I couldn't shake it no matter what I did, I was having ridiculous mood swings and even when my face started to dry up I felt hopeless. When you can't look into mirrors and see yourself you obviously can't stand to be seen by others.

However, during the 4th month, I was kicking it with some friends who I'd been blowing off whenever possible during the previous months because of my mood swings and depression. I was sure that they wanted nothing to do with me, probably because of my acne, and that I was just a joke. At some point or another during the night, each of the close friends I was with told me one-on-one that they wanted to hang out more and were confused as to what the fuck I'd been up to. They also pointed out that my skin looked amazing - they knew I was on a "crazy" medication and that picking at my face would result in scarring, and they sympathized.

Slowly but surely I started going out of the house once again and I snapped myself out of it - I still got depressed but the mood swings were becoming less intense and more infrequent. If you're like me, you just need to realize what you require for happiness in this period of your life - and just fuckin go after it while you can. And by "while you can" I mean when you're feeling "up" next (i.e. positive moodswing), you just need to give it your all when this time occurs and take life from there. Your attitude plays the biggest role in how your life plays out, everything else will follow if you can just keep your head up. Straight up, it's never to late to get your life back and more, but it's always easier to do the sooner you realize this.

Good luck - what dosage and month are you on?

P.S. Now that I'm finally clear, my depression hasn't completely cleared but it is at least 75% better, mostly because I'm focusing on parts of my life that aren't involving sebaceous glands and trying not to stress about them at the same time

Thanks very much for taking the time to post that. I think i am going through the same thing as you, not going out with freinds and they seem to be puzzled why not, they dont understand how hard it is to not think to yourself "well ill last these 5 months out in doors and then re build my life" But the thought of this drug not working and my acne not going makes me angry (which i never have been in my life) not to other people , but to myself, hating the way i look and the things i have to go through.

Im currently on 70mg per day, my first month was at 40mg per day. Ive been on the treatment for 2 months so far. No side effects apart from dry lips and some dry skin.

I thought i was seeing some improvement but it seems like nothing is happening and its scaring me.

I did 40mg for the first month as well and went up to 60mg, then 80mg during the 3rd month.. I found each time I increased dosage my acne would get worse and worse. Even during my last week of treatment I had new whiteheads coming up, but my skin was oily at all and during the last half of the 5 months I also found my acne was fluctuating crazily.

Honestly, I would expect to see improvements come and go throughout most of yer treatment. I know you'll clear up real well by the time it's all over..

Just do your thing and love life as much as possible.. 5 months worrying about your acne will do no good as i found out

Find something you enjoy doing that has nothing to do with how you look. Be this a sport, a video game, or some other hobby it'll take your mind off of acne and pass the time while you're waiting for the accutane to work.

j

Guest Amy Lee

Be strong man, you are not alone in this acne mess, we too deal with it each and every single day of our lives. We know how you feel and we too can emphatize.

I understand what you meant when you said you're depressed and it's not caused by Accutane medication. It could be because of acne, that's how I felt.

Again don't put yourself so down than where you are, engage in something else. Like do more productive things in life, like helping others, do social work, help in charitable institutions, or just simply be cheerful, wear a smile as you can as possible and be willing to offer help to others, these things work a ton. ;-)