Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iminlovewith

glucose defeinitely leads to acne!!

i dont know why people always say food doesnt cause acne?? i believed that in high school, and i ended up eating candybards and drinking soda EVERY SINGLE DAY.

i had HORRIBLE HORRIBLE acne back then, but during my junior year of HS, i stopped eating junk food because i wanted to lose weight. i cutout junkfood in 1 month, and even though i sitll continued to have acne, it was A LOT better.

now, im in college, and i b/c of the constant availiblity of soda in the cafeteria, i noticed that if binge drink a lot of soda for lunch, i will wake up the next day with new pimples forming.

i am 100% sure that there is a correlation between acne and glucose. does anyone have any insight on this? for instance, this would mean that diabetes people (they have constantly high levels of glucose) would have a higher percentage of acne than peopel w/o diabetes.

you do know that carbohydrate is broken down into glucose in the body?

it goes straight to the brain to keep it running and is STORED IN THE LIVER AS GLYCOGEN.

in other words you'd probably be dead without glucose.

you do know that carbohydrate is broken down into glucose in the body?

it goes straight to the brain to keep it running and is STORED IN THE LIVER AS GLYCOGEN.

in other words you'd probably be dead without glucose.

am 100% sure that there is a correlation between acne and glucose. does anyone have any insight on this? for instance, this would mean that diabetes people (they have constantly high levels of glucose) would have a higher percentage of acne than peopel w/o diabetes.

-----------------------------------

I've never met a diabetic like the one you just described. Probably because they have a tendancy to die when their glucose levels are constantly high.

I'm on the bandwagon of not making blanket statements about the energy that we use to survive as bad. All carbs are basically glucose, they just turn into it at different rates. This is where I think exercise(Physical or mental) really comes into play. I bet 99% of you could eat all the sugary crap you wanted right after you did a good cardio or weightlifting workout and never break out because the receptor cells in your body will be begging for you give them that sweet sweet insulin.

for instance, this would mean that diabetes people (they have constantly high levels of glucose) would have a higher percentage of acne than peopel w/o diabetes.

Yeah ur rite man, there is a link... Ive read on sum sites were they clasify acne as being ''skin diabetes'. You do need carbs/glucose to live...but try to eat fibre rich carbs. The sugar in these enters the system alot slower and you'l find that u will have more energy too. Plus also make your meals alot smaller and try to eat a well balanced meal, like a protein,little bit of fat and a high fibre carb. Check out this site www.acne-advice.com

for instance, this would mean that diabetes people (they have constantly high levels of glucose) would have a higher percentage of acne than peopel w/o diabetes.

Not quite. Type I Diabetics, have high glucose levels, not high insulin levels and as such are less likelyto have acne than someone who becomes a Type II Diabetic or is Insulin Resistant.

You have the right theory, just not quite looking at it in the right way. Sugar isn't the problem (unless you are gorging on TONS of it), it's the way some of our bodies can handle normal amounts of it.

Insulin is a prohormone and affects a variety or other hormonal processes as well as inflammatory processes and due to both of these, this is the type of environment that will support the development of acne.

Vigrous and daily Exercise may help you rid some of that added energy from sugar, but it may not help with all aspects of acne development. It may not help with the immune response aspect of acne development either (why some of us avoid something simple like a peanut or a wheat).

Right now I'm learning so much about additional diet theories (dealing with the immune response) in acne development and it's a bit hard to wrap my mind fully around them in just a few days. Yet, it could very well explain why not everyone on here that follows an acne diet, doesn't have to give up sugar, or even wheat. It may also help explain why some people that are clearly indicative and appear to be good candidates based on family history, couldn't find success in avoiding most of the acne culprits. Of course if this does pan out, it may further explain why those that do liver flushes (flushes allergens, proteins, etc) are able to eat foods they had once excluded from their diet. So it's all exciting, but glucose isn't the only intiator and it may not affect all acne suffers.

Take care wink.gif

Well replace those bread and rice with whole versions...like Wholemeal bread and brown rice.... These still have theres fibres in them which is essential for the 'steady' release of glucose. But on a whole try to cut down the amounts of sugary foods u eat...like for example it may be ok to eat 2 slices of wholemeal toast, but dont go overboard and eat 4slices u get it...

Just curious, how do you know 100% that glucose definately leads to acne? Even Sweetjade said certain foods affect people differently. So where did you come up with the FACT glucose leads to acne?

I bet 99% of you could eat all the sugary crap you wanted right after you did a good cardio or weightlifting workout and never break out because the receptor cells in your body will be begging for you give them that sweet sweet insulin.

I don't eat candy nor drink regular soda and I have moderate acne. It may be different for everyone, I just don't think there is a direct correlation.

C'mon people, enjoy life! Don't avoid things that will do a little harm or anything... that's why we have strong anti-bodies and resistance. Also, there's always a cure for that if worse comes to worse.... enojy life... life is too short!