Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well i noticed i started to get acne about a year or 2 ago, but i never really took it too seriously because it would always go away, but then it progessivly got worse and worse and i had tried over the counter medications then one day i looked in the mirror and decided that it was time to go to the doctor (not dermatologist), the doctor said he would start me on the mildest of treatments in hopes that it would work and he gave me two things:

Stievamycin - Clear gel, smells like rubbing alcohol,i put this on my skin (affected areas) every night. When i woke up my skin would be all peeled because the purpose of this medication was that it burns off the top layer of the skin, allowing the deeper affected area to surface, therefore getting rid of all the acne at once.

Solugel - 4% Benzoyl Peroxide. I put this on every morning after i clean off the Stievamycin to the affected areas, I read that Dan on this site used a 2.5% Benzoyl over the counter cream, this one is almost twice as powerful.

I have been on this regimen for just over 2 weeks, and it has worked wonders, I didnt have deep scars like in severe acne cases but i just had light marks that looked like bruising almost, and since the stievamycin burned away almost the complete top layer of my skin allowing the underlayer to come through, all my scars are gone. I do get a pimple here and there now because i may neglect to wash that area of my face by accident when cleaning my face, and i still apply solugel to my face every morning because i didnt even use the whole tube yet, but this worked, and it worked FAST, and thats exactly what i wanted: fast results. If you have mild acne i suggest you try this combination, it worked for me.

yeah thats exactly whats happening to me.

im on minocin and stievamycin. I didnt see a dermo. cuz my skin isnt that bad, but i still had a few pimples here and there. I had little red marks from pimples i had previosly, and now the red marks are really fading, i dont even hardly need to wear as much cover up! (THANK GOD!) hehe

And i also get a few pimples here and there, like right now i only really have 3, which is pretty good! :D/ Well I hope if other ppl try this it works for them too!! :)