Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
somuchsolittle

Different view of scarring

I was reading through a topic (can't remember if it was from here or from somewhere else) but it mentioned something about people seeing your scars lighter than you would normally see it in a mirror. Is this true? I think some of us talked about an issue similar to this in these forums a while back. I tried to find out from the person who posted this message but I have recieved no reply.

-so much~ so little~

Yeah, from my experience, my scars always seem to be eccentuated in mirrors (especcially car mirrors!). I think it's due to the polarising effect, making the light look a lot cooler, taking out the warm tones that blend shadown and make your skin look healthy. My skin definately looks a lot better in photographs (and I've been taking a lot of real closup ones in harsh light just to make sure). And you know the old saying...'the camera never lies!'

it depends on the direction of the light. it becomes too good wiev of scarring when the light comes from the behind of you. :D/

There's no doubt when that light comes shining from behind you it's very noticeable. Once it's hard for me to notice my scars from light shining behind me, then I'll be happier :D

You get a different view of your scars from every mirror, every light source, at different times of the day. I think its quite hard to get an accurate idea of how your scars look unless you take a picture of yourself in natural sunlight.

Hmm~ I was referring to if you are near someone at the same time of day at the same place, would they see your acne scars more severely than you would see yourself in the mirror at that time and location...its hard to explain my question :D

Oh and the vinegar method..where can i find out about this method? I heard this vinegar methods helps people with acne scars, makes the heal faster and all, but what kind of scars do they heal? I mainly have (some may not call these scars) brown spots (large and small) and a couple dark brown spots with many red spots..some 'dig up' sections on my face as well..but only about 1 or 2. Will the vinegar method help these kind of scars?

Thank you~

somuch..~so little..~

Hi somuchsolittle,

In my opinion, I think some people might not see our scars as severe as we do. When I went to my Ethestician for scar treatment ( she worked for a Plastic Surgeon ) she mentioned that my scars were shallow and if she was me, she would not opt for laser treatment. I thought that was odd since she was working for a Plastic Surgeon because I'd think they might benefit by recommending such procedures.

Also, some people don't notice them until I mention it or point them out. We are our own worst critque. I really never noticed other peoples skin flaws when I had flawless skin, it wasn't until I had imperfections that I noticed others.