Benzaclin

Scarzone for redmarks

Make up (DERMABLEND)

Night around 11:30-12

Mix Cetaphil Cleanser with Baking Soda in Shower for Cleanse

Benzaclin

Scarzone for redmarks

Use Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner, Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Formula

That's my regimen, how shall I fit the Peel every week into it?

Guest Scorpioness

I would not start out with 50% glycolic... you can get burned that way. With this acid, it's important to work your way up slowly, starting with using 30% glycolic in ONE MINUTE sessions, followed by a neutralizer.

Well I already baught this so, we'll see. I'm using AHA toner and other ingrediates that are in toner so kind of building up with that.

I was told this is perfect for me, 70% is for other parts of body so I got 50%.

How long should I put it on for? I was thinking 6 minutes? What do I wash it off with?

Plus when I started out with regimen, I used 5% BP gel and got red for one day, my skins pretty tough I guess.

Will I have to stay indoors because it will be red for a few days or??

Will I have to stay in for a day or two since my skin will look horrible because it's peeling or does it work slowly each day or what's the deal?

What time should I do it, check regimen?

you wount look horrable just red.

avoid sun for one day before and after the peel.

start with lower concen if you have 50% then dilute it with distiled water(get it from chemist) to 30%.

wear sunscreen 25spf atleast.

I started with 60% and got burned really badly. Then I went down to 30% and worked my way back up.

If you insist on using 50% to start, I would strongly recommend leaving it on for no more than 5 minutes on your first try. Then work up slowly from there. Don't overestimate the tolerance level of your skin - even though you may not feel the peel doing much, it is. Furthermore, it is better to peel slowly by doing several treatments than trying to do one deep peel. The deeper the peel, the more chance of scarring and downtime. In addition, it is uncertain whether the acid is buffered or not so it's important to go slow. (FYI 5% BP is nothing compared to 50% chemical peel.)

Basic procedure:

It is recommended to do the peel in the evening so your skin can heal overnight. Start by washing your face. Do not use baking soda routine that you've been doing otherwise it will render the glycolic acid totally ineffective. Follow with an acidic toner that leaves no residue in order to remove all residue from the cleanser and any oils from your skin. If you don't have one, use rubbing alcohol. (Glycolic acid cannot penetrate oils or residue.)

Using a brush or cotton pad (if using cotton, I would recommend wearing surgical gloves to protect your hand) apply 1 layer of the acid only. (When your skin has adapted to the glycolic acid, you can do 2 layers in subsequent treatments.) Just moisten your skin with it...do not saturate your skin.

Wait for 5 minutes.

Rinse very well with lukewarm to cool water. Do not use water that is too warm/hot. If you do not have a neutralizer, thoroughly dissolve one teaspoon baking soda with a very small amount of water. Apply this to your face for about a minute. This will stop the chemical action of the peel. Then very thoroughly rinse your face.

Lastly apply a light moisturizer. When you go outdoors, you must always use a sunscreen with a high SPF. The peel will have damaged the outer layer of your skin revealing the more delicate skin underneath. This layer is easily damaged with UV rays. In fact, you will burn much faster than before.

Depending on your skin's sensitivity, the redness should subside overnight. The peeling on your face may not start for a day or 2. When it does, do not rub or exfoliate your skin in an attempt to speed up the process otherwise it could lead to scarring. The process should be complete in about a week to 10 days. Some people experience little to no peeling at all. Others will experience increased breakouts as the pores are being cleared out.

Do not peel more often than 7 to 10 days. Doing so will not give your skin enough time to heal and can cause serious damage. However, some experts say you can spot treat individual blemishes midway through the week only if your skin can tolerate it. (After doing several peels, you will be able to determine your skin's tolerance level.)

Warning: if you notice frosting on your skin during the peel (i.e. your skin turning white in areas), rinse the acid off immediately and neutralize with baking soda (see above).

Good luck.

50% and above glycolic is dangerous

never leave for more than 2 mnts unless u r doing spot peel

i left it for 10mnts and it really burnt and had a scar

iwont do 60% except for spot peel and i am having good results

never 50% glycolic for more than 2 minutes if u r using full face