Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FrankY

Post here if you don't use vinegar (Double Lemon Method))

Hey all I know Vinegar is working great for many people, but for some reason it just mkes my skin look worse... sooo... I use lemin juice on my face instead...

I put it one with a cotton ball... let it sit for 15 - 30 mins then I wash my face ...

I do this once or twice a day... I dont know if it really helps the shallow scarring/orange peel effect long term - but it makes it look better I can tell u that much!!! The key is making sure your face is properly exfoliated before u put lemon on, maybe use the tape method first every 3rd or 4th day.

I can honestly say that certain times doing this I have reached temporary 80% or more improvement in the visibility of my scars... but after a while of not doing it they would look bad again, so this leads me toi beleive the improvements are not permanent...

So in a nutshell...

A - Is anyone NOT using the vinegar method (cause i feel insecure ab being the only one :-s haha

and

B - Try the double lemon method!!! (drink lemon, put lemon on face)

im skeptical of these methods i wonder if its all a temporary effect.

Id like to see

im assuming lemon is for the acne

not the scars it self

vinegear when u put it in a bone

it kills all the nutrients

im assuming thats what it does to your skin

it breaks down your skin tissue making you repair it again.

due to its chemistry foundation.

What is the vinegar method? Is it the one that Maya posted?? I only joined this forum on March but I do not come on that much (I get on every time im on the computer which is rare :D)

someone please notify me about this method..im very skeptical about trying it...~

thanks

somuch~ solittle~

Franky, I agree the vinegar does make my scars look noticeably worse. I've been on it for two days now and I havent seen any improvements yet. I'll be patient and keeping trying for a week or so. How is the double lemon method treating ya?

I'm not using it.

My overall complexion isn't great but if you can tell me that this vinegar will clear up dermatitis then hell yeah i'll use it.

will - whats is dermatitis and do you have it on your face - i think i might have it as sometimes my face looks amazing and other is just looks like crap!

There are many forms of dermatitis and acne sufferes are prone to it because it is a similar condition although it doesn't leave scars like acne.

Usually it has a red/brown crust appearance, and it is common beside the nose region and near the eyebrow region. can also occur on all parts of the face and body. I think it is brought about by a yeast intolerance and a lack of Vitamin B biotin in the skin.

In some cases it looks similar to acne and roacesa so it can be misdiagnosed by a non dermatologist.

Treatment involves cortisone creams, but they can thin the skin over time. I use a sulphur cream which works ok and sometimes a cortisone cream. I just ordered some natural products and have started to take Omega 3 fish oil tablets. I will see if these work instead of the cortisone cream which i dislike.