Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yesac

I know what causes my acne

The skin in which I've been applying acne products is now different then normal, everyday skin. It seems like the skin builds up over time or is reproducing quicker then normal skin and by doing this, the excess skin irritates my skin underneath and causes inflamed, small white heads. For example, if I don't wash with anything but water for a week and only touch my face with water, nothing else, no hands, nothing, then there will be so much excess skin on my face that you'll be able to see little pieces of it sticking out. And then when I go to rub it off my face will become super irritated and red, so I'm not very sure what to do about this problem. Also I think my face is semi-dryed out because right after washing everyday with a gentle face wash it feels tight and my lips become super chapped. Maybe it's because I don't touch my face at all? Are you suppose to be able to rub your face, because whenever I do it becomes really red and irritated. Since the begining I thought you weren't suppose to touch your face at all and maybe thats why I'm having this problem. I can touch other parts of my face where I have not applied any acne topicals in the past and there is no irritation or redness at all. Then again, these areas of my face do not have excess skin on them. So if you can try to understand what I'm saying.. I could use a little help on what to do. I've been trying a exfoliating scrub but it does not seem to remove all the skin and leave my face smooth and soft. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. (If you think you could help but need to know a litlte more information that I might have left out, please just ask)

The skin in which I've been applying acne products is now different then normal, everyday skin.  It seems like the skin builds up over time or is reproducing quicker then normal skin and by doing this, the excess skin irritates my skin underneath and causes inflamed, small white heads.  For example, if I don't wash with anything but water for a week and only touch my face with water, nothing else, no hands, nothing, then there will be so much excess skin on my face that you'll be able to see little pieces of it sticking out.  And then when I go to rub it off my face will become super irritated and red, so I'm not very sure what to do about this problem.  Also I think my face is semi-dryed out because right after washing everyday with a gentle face wash it feels tight and my lips become super chapped.  Maybe it's because I don't touch my face at all?  Are you suppose to be able to rub your face, because whenever I do it becomes really red and irritated.  Since the begining I thought you weren't suppose to touch your face at all and maybe thats why I'm having this problem.  I can touch other parts of my face where I have not applied any acne topicals in the past and there is no irritation or redness at all.  Then again, these areas of my face do not have excess skin on them.  So if you can try to understand what I'm saying.. I could use a little help on what to do.  I've been trying a exfoliating scrub but it does not seem to remove all the skin and leave my face smooth and soft.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.  (If you think you could help but need to know a litlte more information that I might have left out, please just ask)

You dried your skin because of too much applying of skin products. All these products have side effects. Try to use herbal products, heal it the natural way with no side ffects.

Instead of mostirizer, try to use neem oil or neem treatments. It heals and prevents almost all skin disorders.

The skin in which I've been applying acne products is now different then normal, everyday skin.  It seems like the skin builds up over time or is reproducing quicker then normal skin and by doing this, the excess skin irritates my skin underneath and causes inflamed, small white heads.  For example, if I don't wash with anything but water for a week and only touch my face with water, nothing else, no hands, nothing, then there will be so much excess skin on my face that you'll be able to see little pieces of it sticking out.  And then when I go to rub it off my face will become super irritated and red, so I'm not very sure what to do about this problem.  Also I think my face is semi-dryed out because right after washing everyday with a gentle face wash it feels tight and my lips become super chapped.  Maybe it's because I don't touch my face at all?  Are you suppose to be able to rub your face, because whenever I do it becomes really red and irritated.  Since the begining I thought you weren't suppose to touch your face at all and maybe thats why I'm having this problem.  I can touch other parts of my face where I have not applied any acne topicals in the past and there is no irritation or redness at all.  Then again, these areas of my face do not have excess skin on them.  So if you can try to understand what I'm saying.. I could use a little help on what to do.  I've been trying a exfoliating scrub but it does not seem to remove all the skin and leave my face smooth and soft.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.  (If you think you could help but need to know a litlte more information that I might have left out, please just ask)

oh my gosh!!!!!! I have the EXACT same problem. Salicylic acid is the way to go. I have yet to find a regimen that works with salicylic acid because I also need a little bit of bp. I will try the above regimen, but I am not a fan or Eurcerin - I have better luck with neutrogena moisturizer for sensitive skin (winter) and combination skin (summer). There is a thread that was posted by Blotchla or something and that person said that they used a bp cleanser at night (I only use 3.5% by neutrogena because all the others are 10%) and Blotchla recommends Clean and Clear Continous Control Acne Cleanser. Then in the morning Neutrogena's Oil Free Acne Cream Cleanser WITH SALICYCLIC ACID (there is another cleanser with a close name in a similiar container, but it does not contain salicyclic acid). And the person said that it helped slough off the old skin and renew new skin quickly. I just started trying it. Also, I used Dan's bp to spot treat and a moisturizer as I said above. Hope this helps and good luck. If you find anything, PLEASE share your information. Thanks!!!