Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
northernboi

Waiting before going on Accutane if your on Mino?

I was just wondering if it was safe to stop Mino and to go directly on accutane...Ive heard some people say that you should wait a few weeks because its dangerous to mix both of them together...anyway could someone tell me how long one should normally wait before taking accutane???

Thanks

Guest TylerD

She told me too wait a week and then start accutane. So no more then a week- a week and a half then you should be set.

wow, i started right the day after really. The derm didnt care, but its not like he cares much about anything honestly.

Only a week? ok...im so confused now because one person told me that their derm said a month but i thought that was a bit much....anyway i think two weeks is more than enough

Well, I was on mino before I got accutane, but I just happened to stop it a week or two before I started accutane, on my own will, not knowing that it would help or anything. But my derm knew that I was on mino and did not tell me to wait at all, so for all my derm knew I went from one day taking mino to the next day taking accutane. I don't see why you would wait really.

Guest Craigems

hahah i was ON minocycline whilst taking tane. biggrin.gif yeh but low dose tane like 20mg/week in the end. then i stopped mino.

So its pretty safe, u might get a headache if u start tane after stopping minocycline the day before.