Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Maybe you can recall from the news how president Lukashenko of Ukraine was poisoned which resulted in his disfigured face? I remember when people were duscussing that possibility and some doctors said that when a person is under high stress such acne may develop. It didn't occur to me until later when I remember my times when i was very anxious. Since childhood my strict mother was a constant source of fear and anxiety, but one particular period could cuz my acne to develop. I moved from another country and went to high school as a sophmore. Don't have to tell you how much stress I put on myself since I didn't even speak english. It's hard to believe but throughout the whole sophmore year I had a headache almost every single day. Junior year was better but I still experienced occasional headaches. Right after graduation I got acne and for the past five years I've been struggling with it. My theory is that some people seem to experience more anxiety throughout their lives than others and either accumulation of those destructive emotions from childhood years or maybe some single traumatic event can or maybe does cause acne. Does anybody think the same? Has anyone here who has acne experienced a lot of stressful situations in life or has a anxious personality?

Maybe you can recall from the news how president Lukashenko of Ukraine was poisoned which resulted in his disfigured face? I remember when people were duscussing that possibility and some doctors said that when a person is under high stress such acne may develop. It didn't occur to me until later when I remember my times when i was very anxious. Since childhood my strict mother was a constant source of fear and anxiety, but one particular period could cuz my acne to develop. I moved from another country and went to high school as a sophmore. Don't have to tell you how much stress I put on myself since I didn't even speak english.  It's hard to believe but throughout the whole sophmore year I had a headache almost every single day. Junior year was better but I still experienced occasional headaches. Right after graduation I got acne and for the past five years I've been struggling with it. My theory is that some people seem to experience more anxiety throughout their lives than others and either accumulation of those destructive emotions from childhood years or maybe some single traumatic event can or maybe does cause acne. Does anybody think the same? Has anyone here who has acne experienced a lot of stressful situations in life or has a anxious personality?

Hello I do agree with you on your post.  I had beautiful skin as a teen, and then no problems until I got real stress in my life. I was 20 when it got real bad. My mom was passing of cancer, found out my fiance cheated on me with his bestfriend's fat ugly wife, and I was trying to graduate college. The acne came one at a time, and then got worse.  I used over the counter products, and it progressively got worse the more I tried to treat it. I am 31 now and still struggling with some active and the red marks left over.  I am currently using a regimen that is working for me called Zap it by Melaleuca. I am 8 months pregnant and my hormones are crazy, but I use this AM and PM and then use Neutragena red mark fade 3-4 times a week. I do use Neutragena healthy defense oil free moist, and then apply bare minerals make up when I go out. I am 90% clear now.  Let me know if this helped at all.

take care

red

Maybe you can recall from the news how president Lukashenko of Ukraine was poisoned which resulted in his disfigured face? I remember when people were duscussing that possibility and some doctors said that when a person is under high stress such acne may develop. It didn't occur to me until later when I remember my times when i was very anxious. Since childhood my strict mother was a constant source of fear and anxiety, but one particular period could cuz my acne to develop. I moved from another country and went to high school as a sophmore. Don't have to tell you how much stress I put on myself since I didn't even speak english.  It's hard to believe but throughout the whole sophmore year I had a headache almost every single day. Junior year was better but I still experienced occasional headaches. Right after graduation I got acne and for the past five years I've been struggling with it. My theory is that some people seem to experience more anxiety throughout their lives than others and either accumulation of those destructive emotions from childhood years or maybe some single traumatic event can or maybe does cause acne. Does anybody think the same? Has anyone here who has acne experienced a lot of stressful situations in life or has a anxious personality?

Hello I do agree with you on your post.  I had beautiful skin as a teen, and then no problems until I got real stress in my life. I was 20 when it got real bad. My mom was passing of cancer, found out my fiance cheated on me with his bestfriend's fat ugly wife, and I was trying to graduate college. The acne came one at a time, and then got worse.  I used over the counter products, and it progressively got worse the more I tried to treat it. I am 31 now and still struggling with some active and the red marks left over.  I am currently using a regimen that is working for me called Zap it by Melaleuca. I am 8 months pregnant and my hormones are crazy, but I use this AM and PM and then use Neutragena red mark fade 3-4 times a week. I do use Neutragena healthy defense oil free moist, and then apply bare minerals make up when I go out. I am 90% clear now.  Let me know if this helped at all.

take care

red

I am sorry about the stress you all have incured. I have been through a lot of stress with some issues I couldn't talk about here, but after an "incident" that resulted in my life as well as my family's lives being turned up side down and caused me to go in to 'Post Traumatic Stress' state, the one thing that did not happen is breakouts. For some wierd reason (I was using great skin care products at the time that have since been discontinued) I did not break out. I also did not obsess over my face and I did not have the urge to pick or touch my face. I think I was too obsessed with my situation to care. Plus, I was to out of it to even put on makeup and I slept alot. However, my sister breaks out when she is stressed and I always know when something is up because she will have blemishes. Maybe it has to do with your response to stress. My response is flight and my sister's is fight and maybe all that adrinaline in her system affects her acne. I am rambling here. Just my thoughts - if anyone cares. smile.gif

Acne-stress related article:

It's true -- stress makes teens break out

It's absolutely true. I tell people this all the time. We know hormones can affect our skin...stress makes hormones go nutty. There was actually an article by a dermatologist in an issue of Allure a few months back talking about how it's becoming even more of a problem with everything people have going on these days.

In my experience, absolutely. All my friends/relatives know when I'm having a rough week because my skin gets so bad! :lol:

Anyway, I think it's like that for a lot of people. Sucks, doesn't it? Like we need any more problems when we're stressed out.