Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest delta force operators

herpes or acne?

hey remembering my acne it looks like herpes out breaks but i think i had acne and herpes the same time..i think i used my sisters shaver on my face and it gave me herpes..im not sure but this bitch keeps talking about herpes and who has it and shit i think she has it.....and i got it from her...can i get herpes from a shaver?

also can herpes travel all over the body? or they just stay werhe ur infected..how do u know if u got herpes? even when u dont have an outbreak?

Guest >:(

same thing happened to me when a girl shaved my penis with her vagina

also can herpes travel all over the body? or they just stay werhe ur infected..how do u know if u got herpes? even when u dont have an outbreak?

people, herpes are not *only* on the genitals, they are also on the mouth (more commonly known as "cold sores").

i highly doubt your acne looked like herpes, herpes are open sores. they are really big & yellow & crusty. look up pictures on google.

but yes, you can get herpes from a razor. especially if its had contact with an open sore.

alright i looked up pics and i think i had focillitis..this only occured on the back of my neck after shaving ..i didnt know what it was couse after shaving it happened right away too..the thing is i havent had any other outbreak so i dunno if it was in fact herpes or focillitus..

hey folks, I have a problem with facial herpes outbreaks, and I know an awful lot about it so thought I'd add my 2 cents:

I am not a doctor or even a med. asst. but have had to learn alot about this because no one else knew or could answer my questions. Now researchers are finding that there is very little difference between the herpes lesions that appear on the genitals and the face, they are all caused by a virus. In fact herpes 1-6, (or 8 I'm not so sure of my memory) includes cold sores, genital herpes, shingles, chicken pox, cytomegalo virus, and some others I've forgotten. (might try a medline search if you're interested) The past three times I've had this spot visit my nose, I've had cultures, and each time I've been told it is a different strain of the herpes virus, so it is not so cut and dried.

You can get any type of lesion anywhere on your body. This can happen due to the virus traveling through nerves to a nerve ending and coming up in a area where the skin has been traumatized, or it can happen from getting some of the nasty oozing fluid from the sores somewhere else on your body-- in fact it can also just happen. I have had a problem with a herpes lesion on my nose for over 10 years, and this happened to me once during an outbreak, and I ended up with a small lesion on my back. I'm pretty sure it happened from taking off a tshirt, and getting some of the fluid on my back somehow, fortunately it has never resurfaced there.

When the herpes first come up they do resemble pimples. I am always terrified to even look at a small pustule for fear it will soon be a massive, painful herpes sore, but I've been lucky with prophylactic medication, acyclovir 200 mg. X2 per day is the dosage I believe.

Mine starts as a tiny pustule and slowly over a few hours swells in size and begins to ooze a clear fluid, by that time the pustule looks like a big blister, with many more tiny bumps of pus and fluid coming up within the swelled area. After initial return, it begins to dry and stop swelling, leaving a big scabby area. It leaves a red mark for a long long time. Lately mine has relocated and I get the tiniest sore (when it decides to visit) on my cheek near my mouth.

When I was a small child I would get fever blisters on the lip area when I was sick, but during adolescence I never had a problem with them. I first had this particular nose outbreak in 1988 and it took 5 doctors (over the course of about 2 months-- I had teh painful ugly thing for two months!) and many tortures to finally decide what it was and begin treatment. Even derm M.D. thought I had just picked too much at a pimple and caused an infection-- regardless of how I told the story of its mysterious arrival. Now doctors seem to be a bit more familiar with herpes as now something like 98% of the US population has some form of herpes.

SO if you think you've got herpes of any kind see a doctor while the sore is visible so that they can do a culture and determine whether or not it is the dreaded virus.

Hope this helps someone!

Goldie

80% of the US has the virus that causes oral herpes (HSV-I); most of us are infected as infants (usually from dirty Uncle Bob's kiss on the forehead) but as time goes by the odds that we will get it become higher and higher. However having the virus doesn't necessarily mean you'll have a cold sore. By the time you're 30 most of your friends will have it, and by the time you're 50 almost everyone you know will have it. There is no cure for the virus; once infected it lays dormant in your system, though it rarely causes a cold sore breakout as severe as the first and indeed recurring breakouts are unusual and infrequent. There is however an important difference between having the virus and having cold sores, i.e. if you don't get cold sores it's possible you still have the virus aka if you have the virus you may never get cold sores (so it doesn't matter that you've got the virus, chill out). Most people who are technically infected with the virus never have a cold sore or only have 1 or 2 in their lives. Why is this? The difference between two people, both of whom have the virus that causes cold sores, where one of them has a cold sore and the other does not is......

A compromised immune system.

Whether triggered by stress, excessive sun exposure, dehydration, a sickness or the like, having a cold sore signals that your immune system has been compromised such that the cold sore causing herpes simplex virus has seized the opportunity to travel down a nerve to shed viral cells at an active infective site and thereby spread itself to others. Ordinarily the immune system suppresses this.

This is why cold sores can be very effectively treated through immune enhancing supplements like echinacea. www.zenmed.com sells an outstanding oral supplement for cold sores that works on this principle; i can personally attest to its effectiveness.

holy shit!

ive got this wide, dry ''pimple'' next to my ear, its about 3 zits wide (diagonal) and i've always thought of it as a zit but its been there FOREVER (probably about 2 months) and most of my zits dont last that long and now im worried ive got this herpes thing!

how the fuck would I get it?! this thread has scared the HELL out of me! seriously.

if it is herpes that ive got by my cheek next to my ear, will it ever go away on its own? will i have this 3 cyst wide hard bump on my face forever? it looks fucking terrible and if it is herpes, im gonna fucking die! im serious, what the FUCK!

LOL it's a cyst (cystic acne). That's not THAT long a time; some cysts can last for months.

I used to sometimes get the odd cyst by an ear, even in an earlobe, that would last for a month or two. You'll be fine. If it continues to bother you, go to a derm and ask for a "cortisone shot" in the cyst, should go down in 1-2 days.

If your acne is moderate to severe you should consider Accutane anyway, though trying a natural treatment first is preferable.

COME ON!! What do i got! The herpes experts reply please. Im really thinking its not a cyst or even acne. it looks like a fucking worm or something....i have NEVER been this scared.....EVER...my hands are shaking.....Help me!

COME ON!! What do i got! The herpes experts reply please. Im really thinking its not a cyst or even acne. it looks like a fucking worm or something....i have NEVER been this scared.....EVER...my hands are shaking.....Help me!

it BETTER be a cyst. if it is, ive never been happier to have one in my LIFE! If it is this herpes shit...thats it ...suicide time.

herpes outbreaks happen all of a sudden..and they are usually close together..usually 24 hours after contact they are showing you themselves full force..they feel painfull

ok so, its not herpes, thank god.

but still i dont think its a zit. its probably that foillcal infection (how did i even end up with this?) and it will go away soon but its still scarying me.

i've never had sex or anything so i should have known it wasnt herpes.

but antibiotic on it to kill the bacteria