Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
philly #1

Any teen males on these boards that have acne

I wanted to ask this question because i read an article that suggested a male has a greater chance of suffering acne if the mother had it Vs. father and my case that does prove true. My mother had bad acne and my dad never had it, but i do , so i dont know???

It's the opposite for me. My mother never had pimples, but my father had it horribly/was hispanic. So it was worse.

Then 3/5 of my brothers had it as well, but about four years later were clear with no scars. It leads me to believe I'll be ok in the longrun...

The article explained that a male gets its level of androgens from the mother (testosterone, DHT...and so on) and they say the level of androgens causes the sebum/oil, which then causes acne, so i dont know.

Has anyone ever heard that a male inherits it androgens levels from the mother VS. father?

The article explained that a male gets its level of androgens from the mother (testosterone, DHT...and so on) and they say the level of androgens causes the sebum/oil, which then causes acne, so i dont know.

Has anyone ever heard that a male inherits it androgens levels from the mother VS. father?

I wanted to ask this question because i read an article that suggested a male has a greater chance of suffering acne if the mother had it Vs. father and my case that does prove true. My mother had bad acne and my dad never had it, but i do , so i dont know???

Mom never had it but my dad had a good case when his beard was growing in as a teenager. He said that it cleared up pretty fast though after it grew in and he has no scaring.

Ya same here. My dad had moderate acne but my mom has always had beautiful skin. Her 2 older brothers both had acne in their teens though. Guess thats why I got it...

I'm the mother of two teens who have cystic acne. I had a pimple here and there, but not what would be considered acne. Their father has acne in his family. He had a moderate case with scarring and two of his siblings had severe cystic acne.

everything is in the genes dudee! Ur parents made u..so ur part of them now! No escaping it! My mom HAS FLAWLESS skin and my dad is just way off the chart of flawless.

I'm 17, male. My whole dad's side of the family's males had horrible acne, as do I. My uncle calls it "la maldita herencia" or "the damned inheritance"....lol...