Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Josh 87

A few questions..

1. When I use my BP cream (Benzac AC - the Australian equivalent of N. On the spot), a 2.5% cream, my face dries dramatically after 3-4 days. I'm not starting out on the stuff - ive sunk maybe 2 tubes of the stuff into my skin. Do you guys also get weird scaly dryness on your 'tea zone(this right?)'.. its the area of your nose, between your eyes, and especially coming from the corner of your lips.

2. Can any moisturizors cause breakouts? My mums fancy moisturizor is much stronger at moisturizing, but she says if I use it to much, i WILL break out.. I'm thinking ones with oils are bad.

3. Do people also ask you if you're wearing make up? I'm a dude - and I get this every now and then since using a regimen?

4. Does BP kill whiteheads?

5. Is eretheromycin(spagain?) and BP together a bad thing?

Thanks.

Oh yeah - what are the pro's and cons of exercise?

Cause I recently havent been doing it, and generally my skin has gotten worse. But, im starting again with at least twice during Monday-Friday and a heavy work out on saturday.

What should I do before and after?

1. I get dry skin wherever I apply the BP, but it goes away after I use some moisturizer.

2. Many moisturizers do cause breakouts. Check on the bottle to see if it says Non-Comedogenic. You should also stay away from moisturizers that contain oils, or a lot of alcohol.

3. I haven't had anybody ask me if I'm wearing make up before... (i hope this doesn't happen)

4. BP makes whiteheads dissapear faster for some people, and it lets oxygen in to kill P. Acnes. BP helps prevent future breakouts.

5. I don't know...

Hope that helps...

1. Yes it's usual while 1 or 2 weeks.

2. Use a topical acne-skin moisturizer. Don't try to make your skin oily, but healthy and pleasing to the touch. It won't be comedogenic if you do that.

3. No, but my redness and past oiliness use to be strange too.

4. Ablolutely. BP prevent from it by killing the cause (P. Acne) and by being mild anti-inflammatory.

5. I gess you mean Erythromicyn : Not bad thing. I actualy use this regimen (with the agreement of my physician). It'll a good idea if your skin is sensitive, and if your acne is mild. I advice you to use BP at evening and Erythromicyn at morning (because this last is less irritating). Erythomicyn is a better anti-inflammatory than BP, but weeker bactericide. It helps to kill pimples and prevent from acne developpement until your BP application. Good combo.

But im not in my first 1-2 weeks of BP..

Does anyone else get this weird scalyness?

I get it even from BP at night, Erythromycin in the morning (which IS what ive been doing).

I've noticed over the last couple of days my skin being quite dry, and like little scales so I guess that's what your experiencing? After using moisturizer they go away, I've just not 5min ago put it on n my skin is looking normal thank god... I'm goin to see the matrix at 14:00 way-hey!

Don't worry about, it's usual. I think everybody experience that dryness/scalyness, provided that's not painful. That's why you must moisturize your skin. But if your moisturizer isn't enough to calm those, something's wrong.