Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
White

Are you on the comp alot?

Well i was watching some news segment on germs/bacteria.

They were testing all these different places (offices/desks/keyboards/phones/etc) for the bacteria count.

Im sure you've heard that the average toilet seat has alot less germs/bacteria then say, the average housephone.

Well today i thought that damn, alot of people are probably on their comps all day, one of the biggest hotspots for bacteria. Then i just kind of connected the dots. If your sitting on the comp alot and touching your face absentmindedly or not you are transferring alot of bad stuff to your face.

Im not sure if this has been discussed before or not...but i have noticed when i spend LESS time on the comp my breakouts lessen quite a bit.

Just something to think about now that its nice outside.

Get off the comp!

hmm u know something worst has gotta be a telephone, you have all those people with there mouths close to the phone and .......it becomes moist and well alotta bacteria plus it's near your mouth ugh........

very very nasty

lol yeah i'm a plumber and work on toilets alot...its peoples asses that sit down..ur ass doesn;t go around and touch everything like your hands do. but at least the keyboard and mouse doesn;t smell biggrin.gif

I hate computers it suck the living life outa me..if i sit on it too much. BUt yet here i am! biggrin.gif But i think the keyboard is the dirty - est thing ever! I see dusts here..couple spilled keyboard hairball, and god knows what. I need to wash my hands more often now!

lysol wipes can only kill 99.9% of the germs. What is up with that .1?

If they say it kills 100% of germs and you use it and somehow you get sick, then they'd be sued. It's easier just to say 99.9%.

My theory about the computers is not about bacteria, but about the sun. When you're on the computer hanging around inside you're not getting any sunlight which is so good for your skin. Last week I tanned my back for a couple hours (I got a bit burned mind you), and my back acne completely cleared up. It wasn't that bad to start off with but it looks terrific now. All I have left is red marks. I figure the UV light can also kill some bacteria just like those light treatments.

meh, u can't go around worrying about bacteria everywhere or u'll realise that u can't get away from it... altho public telephones are always a worry... i never hold em too close when talking.

I cover my mouse with a tissue everytime.  People think I'm crazy but I don't give a crap.  I use to work in a call center and I would ALWAYS bring my disinfectant wipes to wipe down the keyboard and mouse.  Who knows what crap lies on those things  eusa_sick.gif .

I cover my mouse with a tissue everytime.  People think I'm crazy but I don't give a crap.  I use to work in a call center and I would ALWAYS bring my disinfectant wipes to wipe down the keyboard and mouse.  Who knows what crap lies on those things  eusa_sick.gif .

wow...there was once when i was such a clean freak too...and i feel really awkward doing these kind of stuff in front of people...don't you?

Yeah am pretty much convinced that objects with many bacterias cause acne.

But I don't worry at all about this cuz simply nothing touches my face all day long.

Only thing that get's in contact with my face is my pillowcase at night but I replace that every day.

I really spend time making vectors and graphics for my websites. But, it's too rare if I in the computer 24/7

i got a lot of semen on my mouse and keyboard. no bacteria, sorry guys

sorry but this idea is stupid.

there is bacteria everywhere, its in the air, floors, your face.

bacteria DOESN'T cause acne, you should know that by now. Bacteria can cause spots to become infected etc but acne itself is caused by imflamed pores.

Hence a lot of people with dirty faces don't have acne whereas a person with acne and a clean face will still have acne!

Guest Amy Lee

I don't think it could be the computer that is the culprit, cause yeah I'm holding the mouse but rarely do I touch my face after and I still breakout. Not to mention my body acne, I always keep myself hygienic, never put anything on it, never touched it with dirty hands, but still I have terrible acne on that part. I don't touch my body when I'm in the front of the PC.

In fact, I think it helps that spending time on something else like computer occupies my mind off my acne, which could limit me from picking now and then.

wow...there was once when i was such a clean freak too...and i feel really awkward doing these kind of stuff in front of people...don't you?

Another one of acne.orgs insanely paranoid theories about acne! Seriously, the way that some people try to live their lives on here is quite ridiculous. The way they go avoiding telephones and door handles for fear of the dreaded bacteria which are gonna cause acne. Acne bacteria is only gonna be found where you find acne, i.e on your skin!