Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
big-rott

How long have you been on Retin-A micro?

Hi this is my 8th week of being on retin-a micro .1 and I do see some results. But how long do I wait to see if this is the right answer for me? I tried Proactive and after 2 months it stopped working. I currently use Purpose face wash, Retin-A Micro .1 and proactive oil-free moistureizer w/spf15.

according to their website (correct me if i'm wrong, i don't feel like making sure), you should start to see really good results at 7 weeks, and you should continue to see improvements through 12 weeks.

i've been on it for almost a year putting it on at bedtime.... using the 0.1 RAM gel. i think its helping control the whiteheads, but its definitely not getting rid of it.

I used regular Retin-A .025% cream for about 7 years, only recently getting off of it since my skin (honestly, the worst skin in the world) has become a dry, irritated mess that can no longer take the abuse of Retin-A and all of these acne medications.

Honestly, I never wish I would have used this stuff. Boggles the mind how something that causes the skin to peel and become irritated can truly do anything but create more skin problems. All that was said above-dry, irritated skin and more and more whiteheads- exactly happened to me, as well, but my derm insisted it helped my face. Go figure.

Overrated crap is what Retin-A is.

It's been years since I've used Retin A {and I think I first was prescribed it 17 years ago when it was the new wonder drug!} but BarbQ has inspired me.

I think it's overrated crap as well. I don't know what I enjoyed more, the burning, the stinging, the redness, feeling my face peel away in the shower to expose a raw shiny mess, new pimples.... it was all so charming!

My derm whipped out the Differin a while back and I just smiled. Why?

Bcs I had started Dan's regimen and I knew that regardless of her dermatological education, I've had my face my whole life and Retin A etc. have no place on it!

The thing is, I was on Retin-A 0.025 for 5 months and NO improvement. So I've been on Retin-A micro for 7 weeks and no improvement. I hate these products. I don't see why derms. like them so much.

I've been on Retin A Micro .1% for about 5 months now and I feel that I need to defend it in this post. :) It irritated my skin for the first couple of weeks, but after that I had no burning or redness.

What else do you guys do to your skin?? How much do you use?? Be sure to only use a pea-sized amount... any more of it will not help any faster and will ONLY irritate. And I've gotten the impression that .025% doesn't do anything other than preventing wrinkles and helping with red marks. So, maybe that isn't strong enough for acne?

I've found that it is awesome stuff. It clears up pimples MUCH faster than normal (a few days as opposed to weeks). I have no white/black heads and while I was only using RAM, I had about 4 pimples at a time (as opposed to... god only knows how many). It took about 10 weeks to work I would say...

My dermatologist emphasizes the fact that even though it works on its own, it is necessary to combine RAM with other medicine. RAM unclogs pores, antibiotics kill bacteria, birth control controls hormones and BP clears up the actual pimples. With this combination, my skin has cleared dramatically... so keep it up you guys!!!!

I've tried both Retin-A Micro and Differin. I stuck with Retin-A Micro for months only to suffer red, itchy and severly irritated skin (even taking days off). Switching to Differin was like night vs. day. Differin made all the difference in the world to me. At the very worst, Differin makes my skin a little red. That's it. No burning, itching, or irritation. If you are suffering with Retin-A, it's worth giving Differin a go.

ergh, i've been on it for almost 6 months and not much has changed. i'm thinking about differin, or maybe just going for the n-lite laser treatment. i'd do accutane, but i'm still kinda sketched out by it.