Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ke87

Are these moisturizers good?

It's called Avène moisturizer...

Says it's oil free and the ingredients are:

avene thermal spring water (ok..lol), cyclomethicone, propylene glycol, glycerin, polyacrylamide, polymethyl methacrylate, water, C13-14 isoparaffin, zinc glyconate butylparaben, cetrimonium bromide, dimethiconol, disodiom edta. fragrance(parfume), laureth-7, pumpkin seed oil, salicylic acid, triethanolamine.

How bout this one:

Lutsine moisturizer which says it's a moisturizer for skin that has been dried by anti-acne cremes...

Water, glycerin, hydrogenerated polyisobutene, glyceryl polymethacrylate, cyclomethicone, butyrospermum parkii, buxus chinensis, saccharide isomerate, nylon-12, cetyl alcohol, cera alba, hydrogenerated coco-glycerides, phenoxyethanol, decarboxy carnosine HCL, acrylates / C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, sodium carbomer, tocopherol, (and wow...) trihydroxypalmitamidohydroxypropyl myristyl ether, glycoproteins(hafnia extract), ceramide 2, triethylene glycol, dichlorobenzyl alcohol, propylene glycol, tetrasodium EDTA.

Why do they make so long names anyways... aghh

The first moisturizer contains oil, so I would stay away from that one. I'm not sure about the second one, but it looks like it has a lot of alcohol in it, and lots of other stuff I've never heard of. I would just use one of the moisturizers Dan recommends.

I would, but i dont live in the U.S, I live in Spain.... And the first one says oil-free on the front hmm...

I don't know if the pumpkin seed oil would be very good for your skin. All I know is that you should stay away from moisturizers that contain oils. I wouldn't use it...but it says oil free, so I'm not sure. I still wouldn't use it, just to be safe.

not all oils are bad and not in all amounts. You might want to run a search for pumpkin seed oil on the web. Usually, when a company goes through the trouble of creating a non-comedogenic moisturizer and then adds a small amount of oil, it's a very beneficial oil that is not expected to clog pores.

Hum... I havn't good memory of lutsine... But it was 7-8 years ago... I was maibe wrong...

Cool, I am using the Avene cleanser as well and it seams to be working fine. Thanks for the replies. :D