Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

im currently taking 20 tablets a day and i think its doing something for me. my skin isnt oily anymore and i know its because of the b5 because i quit it for about 2 weeks and slowly my oil came back, so i started up again and slowly started to get no oil. now, i have dry skin, all day.

one thing i am blaming b5 for is im getting occasional whitehead. they're random. yesterday i woke up with one above my nose, in between my eyebrows and it sucks! thankfully since my skin is so dry and i take flaxseed oil along with zinc, my zits heal quick.

one thing i really like about b5 is it gives me glowing skin. it lightens it a bit. since my skin used to be so oily, my face looked a bit redder. in fact i always thought that was my natural skin color. since ive been taking b5, my skin looks brighter and less red and more heathly looking.

somtimes i see my face get red again but i think its because i took too much flaxseed capsules and i heard they give a tanned appearence, which i do not like, so i am only taking one a day now.

overall apart from the random whiteheads, b5 is great. now if your skin is already not oily, then i dont see it helping you very much but if your an oily guy, definetly give it a shot. i didnt regret it.

Do not overdose yourself on any pills, I unfortunatley found out the hard way when I OD'd on B5.

Do not use more than 5grams.

Dont take any vitamins/medications/anything u swallow without knowing the full coverage story behind it..like sideaffects etc. Dont take it if u dont know what it actually does! *ahem* just like the TONER..lmao!

b5 sucks

majority of people who like it here are workers / sellers of b5 with fake stories

soooo do what u like

Guest Stu :-)

My experience of it was to be honest, pretty shite. I took yeh. 20 pills a day roughly for about 2 months and saw nothing in results, if anything a little more oil. In the end i gave up taking all the B5 and saved my money. Could work for you though

B5 is a waste of time. 20 B5's a day? Water-soluble or not, that's NO good for the body. If you decide to use B5, consult your doctor first so he can say no.

I took b-5 and it did work! and most ppl on here are trying to help and not sell things, that guy doesn't know what he is talking about and obviously has not taken b-5, anyways it worked great for me! I did not mega overdose on them I took about 3 capsuls a day,so 3 times the amount ur supposed to and that worked great, I also used to have a horrible skin. After about a year and a half of taking them they kind of stop working though but I would give it a try it gets rid of oilyness.

B5 is GREAT! I wish that I had known about this about 5 years ago, I could have saved myself a lot of trouble and worrying.

I don't think the majority of people that take b5 on these forums are doing it correctly. First people think of it as a miracle drug, which it is not. It is a supplement that when used in conjunction with other supplements will help many (not everybody) with their acne. I take a b100 complex, biotin, flaxseed oil, beta carotene, green tea, and a multi vitamin with my b5. It has helped me greatly. I also use aloe vera gel, tea tree oil, and recently added vitamin a oil for topical treatments. I also don't think that doing 10+ grams a day is really beneficial. The highest dosage that I've taken have been 6 grams and thats only been in times of high stress (b5 is supposed to be used by the body to make a stress hormone), the highest dosage that I've taken normally has been 3 grams and right now I am only taking 1 gram a day.

I have not kept a log, but as far as I can remember I have not had a cyst since I started my b5 treatment. My face has been greatly improved. One sidenote, my problem area has generally been my nose. I've gotten cysts on my nose since I was 14/15 (I'm 20 right now) and it has often been inflamed. I think the b5 treatment helped significantly, but after I added flax seed oil supplements into my regime, things really started to get better. The topical vitamin a is helping to even things out.

B5 has been the cornerstone of my regime and it has helped me out alot. I am not 100% clear but this is the best my skin has been since before I got acne. Instead of worrying about cysts, I do get the occasional whitehead which generally clears up fast. My parents and two sisters noticed the difference when I came home from college (I had been on b5 for about two months). I take that as the best indicator as I normally return home with a major breakout after the stress of finals.