Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest <*>

Got roaccutane but...

Guest <*>

Right my mum paid for me to go private and I saw the derm today. She explained that you had to pay for the drug which was about £80-90 a month. She gave me the option of doing the whole course privatly, waiting to see a NHS derm, or take one month of accutane privatly and wait for a NHS derm ware the drug would be free.

I took the last option and payed for 1 months worth of roaccutane.

The waiting list is around 13 weeks to see a NHS derm.

Should I pay for a second month and wait for a NHS derm or should I just take 1 month and wait a long time????

thanks smile.gif

rmcp2k > sometimes it would be better to read widely. NHS is well-known, if you know what i mean :lol:

anyway, don't stop your roaccutane course halfway. from what i've read, 9 weeks is too long a break.

yup, pay up another month. £80 aint much in the grand scheme of things.

You could just go low dose until a derm appointment, unless you already are.

Guest <*>

thanks guys, I told my mum that I would pay with the money I get from my part-time job at a sports store.

£80 is nothing to pay to have a clear face!! I would happily pay double that.

Yeah definitely dont take a break. You need to be on a constant course of roaccutane of aroun 16 weeks. Taking a ling break will send you straight back to square one effectively! Good luck with the 'tane!

Right my mum paid for me to go private and I saw the derm today.  She explained that you had to pay for the drug which was about £80-90 a month.  She gave me the option of doing the whole course privatly, waiting to see a NHS derm, or take one month of accutane privatly and wait for a NHS derm ware the drug would be free.

Guest <*>

Thanks ~lola~,

I don't know i'll see. My mum works at a private hospital as a nurse and she kinda knows a derm who works at the NHS hospital aswell I think!!

So if I take accutane for a month then stop for 2 months will my acne come back as bad as it was before, or will it stay as it was after the tane???

thanks

Thanks ~lola~,

I don't know i'll see.  My mum works at a private hospital as a nurse and she kinda knows a derm who works at the NHS hospital aswell I think!!

So if I take accutane for a month then stop for 2 months will my acne come back as bad as it was before, or will it stay as it was after the tane???

thanks