Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
daveMathews48

Pillow get acne mad?

Does your pillow make your acne worse?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Does your pillow make your acne worse?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

Sometimes I wonder when I sleep if laying my head on its side aggravates my acne. Although I do know some people lay on their back so their face isn't on the pillow. Also, does anyone know if you should wash your pillow often, like once a week? :-k

Thanks!

Craig

I should certainly change or wash the pillow case as often as you can, i usually do it every 3 days to one week. As for sleeping yeah some people find that sleeping lying on there back works but i can't be doing with it so i just settle with changing the pillow often.

Adam

man I tried sleeping on my back, I usually sleep on me front and it felt so weird on my back I couldn't do it. just change the case couple times a week if it's a concern.

DEFINATELY!

I always sleep on my left cheek, and it is my only cheek that gets acne. :D I change my pillow case every 3 days, and that helps some...but it isn't enough. It annoys the crap out of me, but being on Dan's regimen seems to stop it almost 100%.

I try sleeping on my right side, but I always end up back on my left within 10 minutes... just can't stay on the other side.

I try really hard not to let my face touch my pillow, since the area where it almost always does is where I tend to break out, so I'm pretty sure that's one of the main culprits.

I used to sleep on my front but now i sleep on my back. It just takes a bit longer time to fall asleep, dunno why. But it might help, i'm not sure...

Sometimes I wonder when I sleep if laying my head on its side aggravates my acne.  Although I do know some people lay on their back so their face isn't on the pillow.  Also, does anyone know if you should wash your pillow often, like once a week?  :-k 

Thanks!

Craig

lol you should change your pillow case every night my friend. Better yet try sleeping on your back for a change. That's what Ive been doing for the past 6 months. At first its uncomfortable but you get used to it. But a pillow, even a clean one will aggrivate acne because you are moving your face across the pillow when you sleep. Any friction aggrivates acne. But especially when it's a dirty pillow case. I mean cmon, think about it, it's like taking a dirty ass cloth and rubbing it against your face for 8 hours. sound alittle intense? well thats what you're doing buddy.