Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

does self-tanning worsen red marks?? does it make them darker in the long run... anyone? or is it helpful in hiding them in the short-run?

Posted

apparently it makes them darker and last longer in the long run but not really sure myself. eusa_think.gif

Posted

Hi there! I posted a similar thread not long ago...

Anyway, here's my personal experience. I went to sun tan once without putting any sunscreen on my face. That Day, I was so happy as I thought that

the sun has healed my face. However, a few days later, my redmarks were Redder than ever and I felt terrible. Those darn zits came back after having no breakouts for 2 months... *sob... Anyway, now, after nearly 2 months passed, those red marks have start to fade (FOR ME). I still go suntanning cause of my fair skin. Piece of advice: If you really wana try suntanning, use the banana boat for face to prevent breakouts. That's what is working for me!

Posted

yeah thanks. but i was referring to self-tanning products like neutrogena you rub over your face to get a tan-like appearance right away... is it the same in terms of leaving ur red marks darker?

Posted

Depends on the sunless tanner... I've used many and am an avid user, ive never broken out from using sunless tanner on my face but others do have this problem. If you go to sunless.com and go the messageboards and do a search you'll be able to get a lot of answers. My experience from the Neutrogena instant bronze foam that it helped camaflouge my red marks a bit, some sunless tanners can pool into your pores and make ur face look dirty and nasty. The drugstore ones that i have heard good things aboutand have had success wiht are the neutrogena one, coppertone effortless oil-free color and banana boat summer color : ). these sts i use strictly for my face as they dont do well on my body but are the safest to use on my face. the coppertone one id say is probably the best drugstore one.

hpe this helps