Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leopolda

hydrocortisone, dermaroller, and lumpy scar tissue

Hello all. I have a small scar that i just keep picking because after it heals (usually within a week), I can begin to feel underneath it a sort of lump or lumpiness--which absolutely drives me nuts and makes me want to pick at it. You can't really see it, but I can feel it. Since I know cortisone injections are supposed to deflate lumps and such and smooth things out, I was wondering if applying topical hydrocortisone and then using the dermaroller might help. It's not very big at all, and I don't want to risk getting an indetation, so I'm not really into the idea of a cortisone shot, but I wonder if this might have a similar if lesser effect.

Thanks

I think I know what you're talking about, however, on the hydrocortisone cream it says not to use longer than one week, and I doubt you would get results from it from one week. Maybe try putting apple cider vinegar on the spot and it will exfoliate it away faster. If you don't dilute it, it really does melt away the skin and then it would totally kill the scar to let new skin form. It's cheap and worth a shot. Alli

I think the lumpy tissue is a white head. It may happen if u squeez the pimple too early when the zit is not ripe yet. As a result, the bacteria still been trapped inside your skin.

however, on the hydrocortisone cream it says not to use longer than one week, and I doubt you would get results from it from one week.

What hydrocortisone cream are you talking about. You can use them up to 6-12 weeks. After that they advice only to use on and off. Just use it sparingly. I've been using them since 95. Damn it my skin is probably thin as hell.

Leopolda leave your skin alone and if it is still there after a week or two go see a dermatologist. It might be a sebacious cyst or something, and will have to be cut out or lanced. Does the lump feel hard or does it have color to it.