Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Should I continue to apply BP to redmarks???

Basicially I've been applying Bp to my cheeks, where there are tons of redmarks.

It's been two months since I broke out on my cheeks. I can thank BP for that. But now that I'm clear Should i still apply BP to the redmarks.

I'm consuming a lot of my money and BP, by applying to the redmarked areas of my face.

Some say they just take time to clear, so should I not cover them in BP anymore and just let time roll on?

Well i wouldn't normally use BP on my red marks if i was certain i wasn't going to breakout again in that area. BP won't improve the marks but at the same time you don't want to break out there again and BP will be the protection of that happening. I would still apply BP there for a while longer to be sure you can clear long term in that area.

As for red marks some people talk about peels or tape method etc. Have you tried anything like that ?

Adam

I have this clear packaging scoth tape, i tryed.

It takes away alot of dead skin cells.

Is that a good thing?

Is two times a day, for as long as it takes to clear, too much application?

I usually use 5 long pieces of tape, for a total of 5 applications every morning and night starting today.

I use a long piece of tape and tape it over one cheek, over my nose and onto another cheek. I pat it down and wait 15 seconds, then peel.

How does that sound?

i only do it once a day at night. also you might want to try the vinegar method. both the tape and vinegar threads can be found on the scar board.

i only do it once a day at night.  also you might want to try the vinegar method.  both the tape and vinegar threads  can be found on the scar board.

Ive heard that BP irritates the red marks and makes them worse. I'd suggest not to apply BP on the red marks. I use salycic acid and I notice that when I put more salycic acid on the red marks they get redder and if i put less they dont. (salycic acid is much more mild than BP btw). So IMO i think its best to leave them alone and let them heal. Because the red marks are already healing on their own. They dont need help from BP, in which case BP might make it worse. The red marks will be gone on their own.

Some people in this room say we'd rather stop BP to cure redmarks on their own than continue BP and try to treat it. But acne regimen CAN'T CURE ACNE !!! It just inhibate the cause ! So if you stop using BP, pimples will recur ! And other redmarks will recur too.

So we need to find solution that fits with BP ! [-X

I personally find out that

if i dont apply anything on the tiny red pimple

the redness after it breakout will fade within 2 weeks

if i apply a little bit of bp on the tiny red pimple

the redness will need to take a month or so

Now if i apply bp on only the red marks

the redness seem like it takes forever to fade away. It's being three months for me and I still see these browish mark left. It's fusturating. banghead.gif

I've a Theory : There would be 3 redmarks classes :

- past pimple cured that left some residues;

- irritated pore;

- new acne spot that doesn't clogg pore enough to generate a pimple;

I guess I have those three cases. Maybe the 2 last cases are the same. I tackle every thesis.

Yeah i agree with gloput which was the point i was trying to make in my earlier post. Two weeks seems a little early to be concluding that the area no longer needs the protection of BP.

Adam

I'll still apply BP to them, I guess.

Afterall, they were acne prone and I'm sure they will continue to be, for awhile.

Some people in this room say we'd rather stop BP to cure redmarks on their own than continue BP and try to treat it. But acne regimen CAN'T  CURE ACNE !!! It just inhibate the cause ! So if you stop using BP, pimples will recur ! And other redmarks will recur too. 

So we need to find solution that fits with BP !  [-X

I didnt say that you should completely stop using it. I said if you are acne free and just have those marks you should try to lower the dosage so it wont irritate those marks as much.

Ok F49Z0R5!!! I agree with you then. Moreover, I'll say the less BP you can use to keep free of acne, the better your skin will be.