Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone have any advice on how I can get rid of my blackheads? I haven't started the regimen yet (just found this site tonight).

I can't use either... I've tried 4% glycolic acid, and it burned my skin, and I'm nursing my baby, so Differin isn't an option.

apparantly...mixing quite a bit of baking soda with water, then pasting it over your face..leaving for ten minutes to loosen them helps...

something that i do on my nose...also quite disgusting! is to....take a thin needle (not too thin) place it sideways at the end of your nose, and push down quite hard, while slowly dragging it up...you should see lots of oil escape from your nose...it seems to help a bit.....but dont do it too much.maybe once a week.

Get them extracted professionally! Black heads can linger, so get em out!!

If you aren't into that, I've read about people using pure virgin olive oil, as the acids in the oil loosen the blackheads as well. There's a thread here somewhere.

Namaste'

Differin works on my blackheads, but it takes a loooooooong time. I know it's coming out when it gets red around the pore, then I get a little whitehead and out comes the blackhead with it too. Gross, but nice.

Is baking soda and baking powder the same? fifitrixibell, you mean that

mixing quite a bit of baking soda with water, then pasting it over your face..leaving for ten minutes and rise it away..will get rid of blackheads? :-s Anyone try it before?

baking powder and baking soda sodium bicarbonate are not the same thing. Baking soda is pure sodium bicarbonate and baking powder is sodium bicarbonate with a few other things added.

For blackheads on the sides of your nose where it is hard to squeeze them, I've always used the top of a bobby pin (the part with the loop). If you run it along the side of your nose, you will see all the stuff come off onto the bobby pin.