Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi im new to this site, can anyone tell me is it ok to wash my face three times a day cus my face get oily till afternoon or is there any ways to counter this? im on clindymicin in morning and differen+clindamycin at nite. thanx

i'm kinda in the same situation, i'm on doxycline and use diffirin at night. I'm not sure iif it's getting rid of my oiliness tho. I don't think it's a good idea to wah threee times a day. i believe it does get rid of the oil but instead more oil is produced when you wahs your face more often! i don't know any other solution! i'd want to know if there is one too. try oil papers but i'm not so keen on those-i don't like putting stuff How long have you been on differin? is it working for you? it's supose to dry out your skin but as i have oily skin, it does really dry out or anything so i can't tell if ti's working. post me a reply

i hv been on differin for 2 mth,it dry the face out in the begaining but after a night sleep next morning it came back oily,did not notice any improvement . maybe abit longer

No, washing your face more than twice a day isn't a good solution. Your skin feels attacked and reacts by thickening and oiling (that's what say Dermathologists).

Choose purpose softs cleanser that regulate seborrhoea (Sabal works fine in France). Don't attack your skin by too irritating habits or products. You can also try topic lotions and creams against oil (often with zinc).

try using blotting papers throughout the day. They'll take away the oil. Washing your face more often will only make your skin more oily and sensitive at the same time.