Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
keith 0773H

still no result ???advice needed...

hi everyone im new to this site, recently i hv been prescripted clindamycn,differin and doxycyline, iv been on it for 2 mth but i still hv new acne coming out.im using a antibacterial wash contain triclosan,can anyone tell me wat happen? i hv mild to moderate acne. thanx

your doing to much to your skin for it to get better.get rid of the anti bacterial wash and use a really gentle wash such as neutrogena extra sensitive(white bottle). Use a light moisturiser over the whole face and neck every morning after using the clindagel on what ever areas necesarry. Use the differin at night but only a real thin layer.

Give it another 4-5 weeks and you should be lookin good.

I would agree to ditch the soap with triclosan. If your face can tolerate it, I would replace your soap with one containing benzoyl peroxide. The additional acne bacteria killing power of benzoyl peroxide might be just what you need to get you over the hump. BTW, I prefer my benzoyl peroxide in the form of a face wash. It rinses totally away, and you don't end up bleaching out your shirt collars. Also, since you don't leave it on all day, it has far less potential to dry out and irritate your skin.

thanx guys,actually i hv been told by my derma to use the antibacterial wash for once every day and the rest i can keep to my normal cleanser im using the neautrogena pure mild cleanser so do i still need to kick off the triclosan wash ?cus i hv oily skin, im starting to doubt the prescription wheater it is working for me, any advice to carry on or go back to my derma again for other prescription ?

Its strange for a derm to recomened using a medicated wash such as triclosan in combination with the other medications you are using. if your skin is pink or blotchy after washing or you get dry patches of skin, then i would get rid of it.

Remember that cleansing is only meant to prepare your skin for the medications not actually treat the acne.Over kill on the skin is the downfall of most acne sufferers. differin and antibiotics cleared my skin up 100 percent but i wasnt getting anywhere until i used an extra gentle cleanser and moisturised during the day.

good luck

how much longer should i hold on to this treatment i don't see any improvement. should i ask for another treatment or carry on abit longer?someone help!!!

Dude! Well, I don't think it's been enough time, but i also think you've been OVER-prescribed. But then I teach Yoga, so what do I know. In any case, I know how long a day can last w/ a face full of zits, so I think you should

1] read as much of this website as you can, also check out Dermadoctor.com, the articles section...and maybe a Medical board w/dermatology.

2] write out all your ???'s, side effects, issues, concerns based on the last 2 months and your research. Doctors have a tendency to "rush" us, and I know going to the Derm is always a little emotional so I forget what I need to know.

3] Make an appt. ASAP, cuz yer freakin' out!!!

4] Take a deep breath, knowing, internal balance is reflected on the outside, and even if it seems impossible, it's the best thing you really can do for yourself.

Namaste'

i say give it another 4 weeks but remember to be nice to your skin. take shangtai's advice, read up as much as you can from this site and others( but be wary as not everything you find out there on the subject is true.)the more you know about acne the easier it should be to manage it.

good luck

u guys are great!!!thanx for the advice, is it good to use a moisturizer while on prescript med ? if can when should i apply it ?

the importance of moisturising is the one thing that all skin experts manage to agree on.

Morning

*Wash wtih extra sensitive face wash. (neutrogena make a good one)

*Dab clindamycin on acne spots

Wait 5

* apply light moisturiser to entire face and neck.- smooth it on dont rub it in

*take doxy

Night

*wash face

*apply differin to affected areas

*moisturising optional

*take doxy

Ive been doing this for the last three months and havnt had a pimple for 3 weeks and my skin feels great.

who_me thanx for info, wat moisturizer u using ?do u hv oily skin?i hv oily skin,i think i can only get the neutrogena oil free moisturizer, is that ok ?

yeah that should be fine. Whatever you use just make sure its non comedeogenic. I use clearisil moisturising lotion. Ideally you want one light enough so that it goes on with out you having to ub at all. everyones skin is different and you have to try a few before you find one that is good for you.

It might feel yuck at first on your skin but you will get used to it quickly. Good luck

I've been on Differin since December and it took a good four months for my skin to really look nice. However, it hasn't gotten rid of all my blackheads yet. I still have some of those critters. But the pimples are gone and I get an occasional whitehead. Just be patient and don't think too much about it. Just take it one month at a time :D