Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stefany

Just had CROSS treatment using 100% TCA!

People were interested in someone who did cross in CA, I went ahead and did the search myself since I plan to do it in about 6 months. Here's contact info for a doctor in San Diego. Kato, a poster here, has done it by her.

"Dr. Mary Dobry in La Jolla, CA just north of San Diego did it for me. Did two TCA Cross for $140.00."

4130 La Jolla Village Drive, suite 207, LaJolla, CA 92037, at 1- 858.784.0590.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Any info on doctors who can do CROSS in Seattle? That's the farthest I can go at this point.

Nancy,

Have you been to Dr.P at all lately? Can you ask him about TCA CROSS 50% for me?

Also...we know that CROSS does NOT equal peel.....but does CROSS equals SPOT TREATMENT?

Any info on doctors who can do CROSS in Seattle? That's the farthest I can go at this point.

Nancy,

Have you been to Dr.P at all lately? Can you ask him about TCA CROSS 50% for me?

Also...we know that CROSS does NOT equal peel.....but does CROSS equals SPOT TREATMENT?

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Nancy,

Obi- You should call Doctors in Seattle and ask them if they are familiar with the procedure and if they are willing to do it.

TCA CROSS is a spot treatment, yes.

Hi all.

I have bean through one bottle of 100% TCA CROSS, and have greate resoults from it. It needs to be used carefully though. My problem now is that I can not seem to find back the dealer who I bought the TCA from. Can any one reply or PM me with the details on how to get the 100% Cross?

Cheers, Norwegian.

I'm a little confused about TCA cross after care, everyone has posted using an antibiotic oint. after frosting untill scabbing...this is where i get lost. Do you put anything on the scabs? Or do you just wash gently and leave them alone? Then after scabs fall off I've read that people use many different thing, CP serum (but not super CP) amino-plex spray....are you just looking for any collegen building substance? Or redness reducer? thanks in advance

Yeah, I'm a little confused on aftercare too. Do you wash this stuff off after a few minutes or not? Can any of you super-crossers give a poor girl some advice? Pretty please? Sorry if this question was asked somewhere else in the monolithic thread!

I'm finally gonna try this on a few of my scars because I don't want to go to the derm to have them all done at the same time. The last time I did this I had my scars treated individually and then she put a 15% TCA all over. I swear I looked bad for 6 weeks! I had a terrible breakout from the TCA which probably was what made it look so bad. I just can't afford the downtime.

what would you guys say the maximum circumferance of a scar for tca to be used? example: 2mm, 1 mm, 3mm or 1/2 cm?

Obi,

I've asked my Smoothbeam doctor about the Cross procedure and he'd at least heard of it. He was willing to try 35% TCA, but not 100%. I forgot to bring a printout of the paper, but he said he'd read if I bring it in. I'm hoping that after reading it, he'll feel more comfortable with the higher concentration of TCA. I'm not sure if anyone's had any positive results from the 35% conc. He's very conservative with treatments in general. He only goes up to 12 on Smoothbeam usually, but is willing to try a 13 on me if all goes well at the lower settings.

I'll let you know what happens next time I see him. The doctor name is Dr Eric Rasmussen and he has offices in Gig Harbor and Silverdale.

Did you have any luck finding a needler up here?

Meg

Guest Scorpioness

It's been two and a half months since I did my fourth CROSS. I just wanted to say that I am still seeing gradual improvement from that treatment. I would love to do another one but can't take the downtime, so I am going to spot treat a few shortly.

I just read this entire thread *whew*

I want to have this done. I would love to do it myself, but I would never forgive myself if something negative happened. Therefore, I am going to see Dr. Rappaport for a consultation as he is the only M.D. in the PA-NJ area that does this, at least he is the only one I've heard of...

I may have subcision as well. I have to see what he says. I wish he wasn't so damn expensive bb_icon_rolleyes.gif

I've decided to forgo the dermabrasion unless I find out I am not a candidate for other procedures. blink.gif I just couldn't live with myself if I got dermabrasion as my first scar revision procedure-I can always get it later if I need it as a last resort, or if Dr. R says my scars are more amenable to it.

How hard is it to do the TCA cross on your own, and where could someone find instructions on how to do it, and where would I be able to purchase it, also I have olive color skin, I mean I am pretty dark, but not african american dark. Would be the best percentage of TCA cross that I should use... Thank you

You MUST read the thread on this. It is nothing to play around with. You can scar yourself even more. If you are going to do this yourself, you have to read most of it to hear people's experiences and thoroughly understand the procedure and risks.

I know it is long, but I read the entire thing and I'm having a Dr. perform it. If you can't read the entire thing, read the first 25 pages.

It can be used on dark skin--it was tested on Koreans in the study.

I see all these TCA PEEL 50% peel kits on sale from ebay, is that the right stuff? They make it sound so easy, I mean it seems pretty easy to use, and its only like 40 so dollars. Has anyone purchased the kits from ebay?

You can't use 50% as a peel. You'll burn and scar yourself. You also shouldn't buy the TCA off Ebay, because I don't think anyone in the thread who did it themselve's bought it from there.

You have to read the thread before you do anything, so you know what to expect, what scars you can perform it on, etc.

Did a TCA cross with 50% about 3 weeks ago.

I am starting to use retin-a to additionally stimulate the collagen.

I used on two rolling scars right next to each other and three icepicks, very tiny.

All seemed to look worse the first week after the scabs fell off.

Now they look about the same as they did before, except 1 whose borders look softer. Placebo effect?

I know it takes a while too see the collagen fill them in so maybe in 45 days they will be more filled in.

I'm crossing my fingers.

bb_smile.gif

Hi all,

Adia1, just like you I did a TCA Cross last night with 50% on one ice pick that I have. I did my research first of course. I had the stinging, then the white frosting and now its dark red. The scar however, right now seems to be a bit bigger and the perimeter of the ice pick is kind of smoother. When it frosted, it was white a little bit around the perimeter of the ice pick - not just in the middle.

I'm wondering - did I damage the surrounding skin? I made sure to put a little vaseline on the good skin, but it did get just a little bit white around the center of the ice pick. Also is it normal for the hole to look bigger at first when it gets really dark?

Thanks

I've never done cross, but from what I hear on this board, the borders almost always get bitter for the first week or so, and then recede thereafter. I'm guessing you did damage to your surrounding skin, but it'll probably replenish itself once the "healing" effect mentioned before takes place. Hope that helps.

Hi all,

Adia1, just like you I did a TCA Cross last night with 50% on one ice pick that I have.  I did my research first of course. I had the stinging, then the white frosting and now its dark red. The scar however, right now seems to be a bit bigger and the perimeter of the ice pick is kind of smoother. When it frosted, it was white a little bit around the perimeter of the ice pick - not just in the middle.

I'm wondering - did I damage the surrounding skin? I made sure to put a little vaseline on the good skin, but it did get just a little bit white around the center of the ice pick. Also is it normal for the hole to look bigger at first when it gets really dark?

Thanks

I have a question re : the abstract on Blackwell-Synergy.com ... is there a way to access it without a fee? my email is [email protected] I am still reading, but will probably have other questions when I am done. Best of luck to everyone!