Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stefany

Just had CROSS treatment using 100% TCA!

Great post. I don't know how likely 100% tca will produce hyperpigmentation. It has not for me and apparently not for maya either, but i guess it is something to keep an eye out for. It's been over a month since my first tca 50% and my scars are still fairly red. It was strange they got progressively more red until about a week after the scabs came off, then it began to fade. There is only a little redness left now. I'll post in a few days after my next session when i will use 100%.

Scorpion....my results have been excellent. I decided not to do a third application until probably next weekend. For me, I've noticed very good results from my 2 applications, and probably need 2 more to make the pits skin level. I'm pretty pleased so far.

Guest Scorpioness
Scorpion....my results have been excellent.  I decided not to do a third application until probably next weekend.  For me, I've noticed very good results from my 2 applications, and probably need 2 more to make the pits skin level.  I'm pretty pleased so far.

Sanjoseskin,

I think I should have been more specific or that you just misinterpreted what I said. I was agreeing with you. My point was that my understanding is that redness of any sort is most likely erythema and brown is most likely hyperpigmentation. I never said post-inflammatory redness is not erythema, I don't know why you would suggest I think that. In my opinion, redness is erythema, no matter what brought it about. I didn't mention post-inflammatory erythema specifically because I thought by mentioning redness=erythema, that I would be implying that post-inflammatory erythema is a form of erythema. Believe me, I would know, since I'd been treated with vascular lasers for post-inflammatory erythema several times for post-inflammatory redness that bothered me to no end at the time, before I started suffering depressed scarring. years ago, the blood vessels that got dilated from the inflammation of acne weren't resolving on its own, so I had to be treated by a vascular laser.

My point about doctors was that I have had them mistake erythema for hyperpigmentation because some discoloration looks more reddish under one kind of light, and more brownish under another.

I really don't understand why you started your post in such a mean way, especially since I was posting to back up what you said. We all share this terrible, life-altering and life-shattering problem. Isn't having scars bad enough that we don't have to jab at other scar victims over small misunderstandings?

Good luck,

Henry

Thanks Scorpion...I'm glad too. Keep in mind too, that needling helped some scarred pores TREMENDOUSLY on my forehead and cheeks. I don't even have to worry with those at all, now. They aren't perfect, they look like pores, but at least they don't look like HOLES! biggrin.gif

Oops! Sorry Jonah! I didn't see your post at first (this is edited in...). Yes, I'm using the 50% tca. At this point, I just see no reason to go to 100%.

I have noticed that a large box scar on my forehead has risen over 50% for my 3 TCA Cross efforts. It's still very red looking so only looks much better with makeup.

Again, I am always noticing that cheek scars respond less well to anything I do. And it's my cheek scars that depress me most.

Guest Scorpioness
Thanks Scorpion...I'm glad too.  Keep in mind too, that needling helped some scarred pores TREMENDOUSLY on my forehead and cheeks.  I don't even have to worry with those at all, now.  They aren't perfect, they look like pores, but at least they don't look like HOLES! biggrin.gif

Is anyone here from the European Union, who could sell me 50% TCA or 100% TCA...I ordered the stuff from ebay but since I am in Europe the custom guys put their dirty hands on it and won't release it! damn them....

I'd very much appreciate the help!

thanks u guys!

(posted the same thing on the other TCA thread, just in case....hope that is ok)

Man... I did my TCA on my chickenpox scar 10 days ago. Still the scab remains and it doesn't look like it will fall out anytime soon.

I am a guy so I can't wear a makeup. So I am doing 3-4 spot treament every 1 two 2 weeks on different spots. Too early to tell if it's helping. I am planning to dilute a small portion of the solution for "redness" peeling. Hopefully it will help with the red spots...

Okay it has been a little over 1 month since my first treatment with 50% tca. The first time like an idiot i did most my scars on one side of my face and had to walk around with a lot of scabs for a week or so. I am now doing just one or 2 scars per week, and I'm planning on having at least 5 week intervals between my first round and 2nd round of treatments of the same scar, usually 6 or 7 weeks. Anyway I'm mainly posting to say that my second round began today. I am using 100% tca for this round instead of 50%. I did only one scar today and despite my best effort got just a little of the healthy surrounding skin frosted as well. I also want to say that starting maybe a week ago (so at least 3 weeks after first treatment) I started to notice a little improvement in some scars. Maybe 10% in some scars and in others I don't notice any improvement. Also, almost all of the scars i treated a month ago are still a tad red, some more than others which i will do in a few weeks... I'll update on my progress in another month or so.. peace.

I haven't tried the method yet, but I read on this board that someone was using vaseline (petroleum jelly) to cover their healthy skin so the TCA wouldn't drip on it. Just a thought...Tarmik

hi all. this thread is getting so long! i read through the entire thing a couple of weeks ago, and i just wanted to clarify something. tca cross works best with icepick scars, right? i noticed you suggested the tca complex to some people who have rolling and boxcar scars, which is what i think i have. but i do have some deeper scars; they're not icepick, but they're deep enough that i don't know if the tca complex will do anything for them. so i'm curious to know how your results have been using tca cross on scars other than icepick. thanks so much for any help you can give me!

alice

Tca complex is not proven to do anything for scars. It is just a light home peel and there is nothing to prove it will do anything for scars. You need to read the paper on TCA cross, first.

Tca complex is not proven to do anything for scars. It is just a light home peel and there is nothing to prove it will do anything for scars. You need to read the paper on TCA cross, first.

Has anyone with quite dark skin had cross tca 100% performed on them. I am due to have my first cross in about 4 weeks time. I'm wondering if I should go for the 65% first or straight in with the 100%. I am having my treatment at a clinic in Watford, UK. I approached the doctor at the clinic because I knew he did tca peels ( i had a few glycolic peels there in the past by the beautician). He said he was willing to give it a try. He had not heard of cross and said it was good to know about because they do not always have the time to keep up with all the latest research.

I got some questions about tca. I got my tca from that ebay person right, there directions that you get with the tca say spread a thin layer over the affected area. Should I use the toothpick and stick it in the scar and give it a little twist or spread it over the scar and then apply the baking soda and water like they say? Can it be used for raised scars? If so how would you treat the raised scars? I have the 100% tca. How come you should not use glycolic products or aha stuff while using tca? Should those products be not used at all during use of tca? Can you do more then 6 treatments? If not why not?

Thanks for your time.

One more thing. I got as sensative skin as there is. My normal skin care stuff contains glycolic stuff and hydroxide but not aha but other kinds of ingrediants with hydroxide. I will break out with most products, can somebody tell me some advice of a different product to use that will help keep my skin clear and is safe while using tca. You gotta have super sensative skin, dont bs me and make my skin get worse, this is big time stuff here. My skin is oily and everything else. I need some advice from a person who knows, not some half ass advice please.

Thanks.

bornunderabadsign read this entire thread before doing tca is my advice to you. The instructions sent with the tca are regarding doing a tca peel which is not wut cross is... I don't know whether it works for raised scars or if it should be done more than 6 times, but based on the tca article (which you should also read), 6 times may be all you need... gl take care.

oh i also wanted to post about a couple of scars performed cross on with 50% tca a few weeks ago. When the scabs fell of (couple weeks ago) they looked significantly worse than they did pre-treatment. Enough to where I thought i may have widened the scars permanently, but now a few weeks later it looks better than ever and maybe i have a 15% improvement, tho its still a little pink. Just reminding anyone performing this not to freak out if things look a little worse initially as it's possible everything will turn out fine. later.

Thanks Jonah....youre probably scratching your head and saying "Uh why?" But I performed 50% CROSS 3 weeks ago, and while most scabs or dry skin fell off, as I was washing my face this morning a stupid scab fel off and I am left with this deeper hole as opposed to this little pin prick I started out with so I was feeling completely helpless and blah, but now Im optomistic because I know it takes time to heal and all..As for my scars, a few of them look a bit less deep maybe so thats great so far!!!