Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stefany

Just had CROSS treatment using 100% TCA!

I have shallow boxcar type scars on my cheeks. They look like tiny suacer type scars. Will this procedure improve all types of scars? Or just ice pick type only?

thanks.

hey people!

i came across this website -----> http://www.skintech.info

seems to me that its meant more for the medical practicioners. do a little search and you'll find something very similar to this CROSS method everybody is raving about. hope this helps! peace!

P.S: ACID is not a toy! BE CAREFULL!!!!

I have shallow boxcar type scars on my cheeks. They look like tiny suacer type scars. Will this procedure improve all types of scars? Or just ice pick type only?

thanks.

thanks.

heY maya or anyone else with darker(asian) skin....

i was wondering if you experienced any hypopigmentation with cross.

also, how bad was the hyperpigmentation with CROSS?

thanks.

Dear Maya,

Did your hyperpigmentation, from performing 100% TCA cross, eventually  fade away and disapear?  Or are you permanetly stuck with hyperpigmented spots?

Maya,

just wondering, have Dr Chu seen your improvements from the TCA cross???What does he think about this method? I have some red marks or should I say all my deep scars are a bit red, but I don't care, it's the pitted holes that bothers me...

Annette

just wondering, have Dr Chu seen your improvements from the TCA cross???What does he think about this method? I have some red marks or should I say all my deep scars are a bit red, but I don't care, it's the pitted holes that bothers me...

Thank you Maya, I'm doing well.

My bumps from the dermalive-filler (if you remember) are a lot better. Some of them are gone, some are still there but smaller and softer. I still have corticoid-shots, but not as often as before. Sometimes I feel that my skin after I get the implants, is so much more sensitive. Or not the skin but the skin surrounding the dermalive. I have been using glycolic and lactic acid for many years without any troubble. Maybe I overdid it and with too strong acid and therefore I've got this bumps??? My doc says that one can use everything, and that AHA:s won't go deep enogh (but I never told her how strong acid I used). So I just don't know...

Annette

Someone pm'ed me and asked about the progress I made with TCA CROSS, so here is an update.

I have had 3 treatments since mid November last year, targetting the huge pore scars on my nose. The first one was a test with 50% TCA on a few pits so it doesn't really count. I used 100% TCA in the 2nd and 3rd treatments on most of the pits. My last treatment took place around Christmas.

In between, I also had three 6% TCA peel (i.e. TCA Complexion).

The progress is slow, and I hate wearing 200 scabs on my nose for a week. There was no improvement right after the scabs fell off (some scars looked even bigger).

Fast forward to 1.5 months later:

The scars on the sides have shrunk dramatically. The best way I can describe them is they have changed from huge pore scars to narrow and much shallower scars.

The scars on the bridge is now a lot shallower, but the radius has not improved much. Maybe the growth is only from below and not from the side??

Because all these scars are darker than the normal skin (even when stretched), they look deeper than they actually are. (They have always been dark even before the treatments.) At least they are no longer deep when looking up close.

Before my next CROSS treatment, I shall try to get rid of the impurities stuck in the pores with a metal extractor and do it as gently as I can. Hopefully that will help the darkness surrounding each improved scars.

Thanks.

I'm confused here. Are you guys confusing red marks with hyperpigmentation? You all speak of red marks, are these red marks left from previous acne, or red marks left from the TCA 100%?

If you have red marks from TCA 100% that is not really hyperpigmentation, Hyperpigmentation is the darkening or browning of skin, not the redness assoicatied with skin healing.

So i'm confused, are you all talking about brown spots? or red spots from previous acne? or red spots left over from tca 100% ?

I've been through 2 (self) treatments of 100% TCA Cross. I have been treating about 5 or 6 deeper scars. My first treatment was late October/Early November and then again beginning of January. I really haven't seen much improvement at all so far. I do have red marks left behind, but they are fading. My scars are 15+ years old (I'm 38), so that might be a huge factor. Anyway, I'll probably try a few more treatments and see how it goes.

But, bottom line, I have not seen the dramatic success that others are seeing, but its still early, I've only done 2 treatments. Perhaps, I need to do 4-5 treatments and then see.

God Bless.

Hey all....its been almost 2 weeks since my cross...all of the scabbiness or dry skin is off and im left with a few red spots...some of the scars look like they improved a teensy bit so thats good...I guess ill have to wait it out....I cant wait for a month to go by so I can do it again!!! ahh but knowing that this procedure has helped alot of you and is possibly helping me after two weeks gives me the power to be patient...I know patience is a virtue (grrr) well good luck

#-o I may be wrong, and I am not challenging anyone here. But I'm almost 100 percent certain that post-inflamitory hyperpigmentation means when you have a cosmetic procedure done to your skin and your skin post procedure starts to develop darking or browning. Post Inflamitory hyperpigmentation can also result from other things besides just cosmetic procedures.

Redness associated with skin peals, lasers, sandpapers, etc...IS NOT considered post-inflamitory hyperpigmentation, rather just redness of skin healing. If you want to get specific, the redness is called erythema, or post-inflamitory erythema. It is very opposite from post-inflamitory hyperpigmentation. Erythema is the redness from new skin that is forming and healing, where as hyperpigmentation is over production of skin pigment resulting in dark brown or black skin. Two complete different things.

There is also something known as post-inflamitory HYPOpigmentation. Which is the loss of pigment, resulting in skin whitening.

Using hydroquinone on post inflamitory Erythema skin will only make the erythema (redness) appear worse. Using hydroquinone on hyperpigmentation will help reduce darkening/browning of the skin.

If you have hyperpigmentation, the best way of using hydroquinone is in combination with Retinol. There are prescription Creams that combine Hydroquinone with Retinal such as perscription Epiquin Micro. Or your Dr may advise that you apply hydroquinone with Retin-A. A 3rd more effective skin bleaching method available by prescription only in the US, is a mixture of hydroquinone 4, 5 or 6 percent, with Retin-A .05 percent, and a topical steroid either hydrocortisone or Desowen mixed together, Desowen being the prefered choice of steroid in this mixture. Although this 3rd method of skin bleaching is most effective, the topical steroid can result in skin thinning, and must be used under Dr care to minimize adverse reactions. I have Epiquin Micro, works great. I also have the mixture of 6 percent hydroquinone, retin-a, and desowen--Ultimate bleacher for severe pigmentation problems. I also have regular 4 percent hydroquinone that you mix with retin-a, for people with minimal hyperpigmentation. If you are having hyperpigmentation, consult your Dr for the best treatment method for you. I highly recommend Epiquin Micro, its fantastic...without skin thinning problems.

=D> I wish you all success with TCA cross! I just wanted to clarify the difference here, I was getting confused reading this thread.

Thanks smile.gif

hey thanks for the info san jose (go sharks...)

is there anyway to speed up healing so that the redness from erythema will go away? or is it best just to let nature take care of itself.

thanks again.

oh...are there any places in the south bay, east bay (fremont) that you know of that perform CROSS?

Erythema (redness) is a result of tiny blood vessels becoming dilated in the dermis. It has been traditionally treated by using a pulsed dye laser, which sends light through the epidermis (not harming it, although on some wavelengths leaving purplish bruising--purpura--that last two weeks or so). The laser light destroys the dilated blood vessels and that takes away the redness. Erythema is not an epidermal problem.

Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (brownish discoloration) is a result of excess melanin being produced because of trauma from acne, etc. It is mostly in the epidermis and is treated topically (although some lasers are for it as well), but I've read it can sometimes go into the dermis.

That is my understanding. It can be complicated because discoloration can look like erythema under one kind of light, and like post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation under another kind of light. Furthermore, the dark shadow caused by some pitted scars can make their color misleading.

My experience has been that derms are not interested in doing diagnostic to make sure they know which problem they're dealing with. The standard thirty-second look is not what patients deserve when dealing with discoloration of their skin.

Sorry to preach.

Guest Scorpioness

My second CROSS with 50% TCA healed up very well.

I am seriously debating going up to 100%, yet I am not sure if it is necessary. I don't notice any improvements in the treated scars yet, however, I'll keep the board posted. The "post-inflamitory erythema" is fading along my jaw really quickly, it's going, going gone, and the other treated areas look like the did prior to treatment. I'm back to using Retin A at night, NA-PCA and Kinerase during the day.... and spot treatments with the Amino Plex, using a q-tip to preserve the product.

My latest product temptation is that Creme De La Mer..... but it's sooooooooooo damned expensive. I figured though, that since it was designed for burn victims, and TCA CROSS is somewhat of a controlled burn, that the La Mer might be of some good to use on the nights I don't use Retin-A... and I would continue to use Kinerase during the day, of course.

DENISE2:

How are your results looking? Are your scarred pores continuing to improve?

Dear henry, you gave the classic websters dictionary definition of what erythema is, however in dermalogical deffinitions erythema comes in many forms. One form is known as post inflamitory erythema which is used to define the redness you see after cosmetic procedures. If you think putting 100 percent tca acid on your skin, and the resulting redness is not erythema, then you are wrong. 100 percent tca is strong, and maybe its strong enough to dialate capilaries in the dermis, as your websters definition of erythema states. I dont know if this is the case, but i am 100 percent certain if you see clear redness in a spot after using TCA, that redness is NOT hyperpigmentation, it is classified BY ANY KNOWLEDGABLE DR AS POST-INFLAMITORY ERYTHEMA.

yes i know i have spelling errors, but i'm not wrong in what I am stating. Anyways, don't listen to me people, go ask your drs to be sure weather what you have is post inflamitory hyerpigmentation or post inflamitory erythema or post inflamitory hypopigmentation.

Usually people with darker skin tones, fitzpatrick 3-4..are prone to hyperpigmentation after something invasive like 100 percent tca. In this situation the dr should observe your post-inflamitory erythema closely, to make sure it doesn't take a 360 degree turn and turn into post-inflamitory hyperpigmentation during the healing process, if the dr notices post inflamitory erythema turning to post inflamitory hyperpigmentation, then he or she would at that point put you on a hydroquinone cream. They truely are 2 different things

I am not here to argue, believe what you want to believe, or better yet call your dr if you are not sure, and get correct answers if you are unsure.

Let me say one more thing. People with acne also get post inflamitory hyperpigmentation or post inflamitory erythema. Usually in lighter skinned patients they only get post inflamitory erythema after a zit. In darker patients however, their skin is more prone to producing pigment, and in dr. patients it is usually observed that after a zit goes away, the post inflamitory erythema begins to darken and result in post inflamitory hyperpigmentation. Darker patients notice this, where as most lighter skinned acne patients never observe hyperpigmentation, all they observe is erythema which finally fades away to their normal skin tone, lucky for them huh?

Well anyways, Good luck everyone with your tca cross, I keep my fingers crossed that this method truely works wonders!

sanjoseskin - good post!

I am fitzpatrick 3-4!

A note on my skin ... what I have noticed is that the redness caused by the TCA does fade a lot after 6 weeks or so, which is good!

The punch excisions I had ... where the skin is actually cut and sewn ... that is hyperpigmentation .. the redness is gone but a deeper colour has stayed. It's been a few months, I hope after a year or so it fades a lot more.