Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stefany

Just had CROSS treatment using 100% TCA!

Footprint,

That's so nice of you to want to help others!  I've gone through and read your posts and just wanted to clarify...how many times have you done the spot treatment with the TCA that you diluted?  Or did you not see results until you jumped right in and did the full face 35% TCA?

I am asking because I have the same things you do....\"orange peel\" skin with large pores and ice picks with a few shallow scars that could use some improvement.

Happy Holly Daze,

~nancy

p.s.  how did that \"Cleanse\" thing you were going to do work out for you?  Sounds so drastic and hard to do, lol

Footprint,

Thanks for going into so much detail regarding what you have done! I really appreciate that. It makes it so much easier when the whole process is put into one post, lol.

I think I'm going to finish doing this round of the 6% TCA complex that I just started today, and go from there. But it does sound like you have a winning plan, although I can't say that I can see myself doing that 35% full face thing anytime soon (I'm too much of a wimp for that!).

Thank-you for sharing what has worked so well for you....I may have to buy some of that TCA from you in the near future! biggrin.gif

For real? A leper? haha I applied 25 % TCA all over my forehead today and hope i will be okay .. No . i would rather to have a pinkish face b/c it looks kind of healthy? haha.. hvig scabs all over my face brings more concerns to others.. i think .. umm actually i dun know . i will see how my forehead will be turned out to be later.. i usually wear a cap so it doesb't matter. i will see if it can get rid of the wrinkles on my forehead. thank you for your reocmmendation anyway .

Oh Imbue, I didn't think it was an accusation, it's a good point to bring up. It's good to have sharp people watching out for everybody too. Don't worry about it.

For real? A leper? haha  I applied 25 % TCA all over my forehead today and  hope  i will be okay .. No . i  would rather to have   a pinkish face b/c it looks kind of healthy? haha..  hvig scabs all over my face brings more concerns to others..  i think ..  umm actually i dun know . i will  see how  my forehead will be  turned out to be  later..  i usually wear a cap so it doesb't matter. i will see if it can get rid of the wrinkles on my forehead. thank you for your reocmmendation anyway .

Hi footprint,

I too have that orange peel texture, you mentioned that all of the things you've done have made it better. Which thing worked the best for this. Have you gotten rid of this texture completely? How long have you been working on your scars with all of the topicals you mentioned?

Also I am soooo afraid of doing the TCA because I cant keep my hands off my face and have no will power to resist pulling a flaky. Can you say for certain that pulling can cause such deep scarring? Did it happen to you?

Also did you post the details/results of your yogurt and papain masks

somewhere?

Thank you!!!!!!!!!

These are the homemade masks I use/d. I only use the rice one now cause my skin is on vacation.

1. Yogurt mask - just take yogurt and slather it on your face. I use Alta Dena or Mountain View brand. The sourer the better. (it's a cheap person's lactic acid)

2. Papain mask - I sprinkle meat tenderizer -(available in supermarket look for one that has papin or bromelain on the ingedient list) or green papaya powder (from the health food store) into cetaphil, let it sit and wash it off. (Don't overdo this or your face will get irritated)

3. Pomegranete - they sell pomegranate juice concentrate @ middle eastern markets. I add a bit to the yogurt mask sometimes. It smells nice, and is a rich source of ellagic acid, which is supposed to be good for skin. I don't know if ellagic acid can be absorbed through skin though. Pomegranete juice is good for drinking and cooking with too.

4. And from my grandma, soak brown rice - preferrably organic in water for an hour or two. Use this water to calm sensitive skin. You can cook the rest of the rice and eat it. Wash the rice before soaking because a lot of rice has talc added to keep the rice grains from sticking together. This really works. If anybody uses Komenuka Bijin products, they're based on rice bran which is the brown outer portion of brown rice.

Note:

Don't mix Papain with the Yogurt or Pomegrante mask. The acidic environment makes it harder for the papain to work.

DCY: WHOA! WHOA! WHOOOOAAAAA!!!!!

You will RUIN YOUR SKIN doing 25% TCA peels weekly!

Good grief!!!! You absolutely cannot do that! This ISN'T A GLYCOLIC OR LACTIC ACID PEEL THAT YOU DO *WEEKLY*

You are risking scarring your skin and making it worse.

Please everyone.....let's be very cautious here in encouraging people with this stuff. People are acting like these peels are NOTHING when they are! I have had a 35% TCA peel (full face) and it's pretty intense. You are only supposed to have those at the most twice a YEAR.

Let's try this again....tca penetrates the dermis; aha's do NOT penetrate the dermis. TCA is nothing to play around with, and it's definately not something to do WEEKLY.

Let's recoup and put the focus back on spot treating. These peels, when self induced, can damage your skin irrepairably, especially when done too often.

Please DCY.....don't even consider doing this weekly.

REPEAT: THIS IS *NOT* LIKE DOING A WEEKLY LACTIC ACID, GLYCOLIC, OR SALICYLIC ACID PEEL......NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Even those of us who are doing the tca perfecting complex are only doing it once a month and it is only 6-8% tca.

Denise2 --

How would you compare the tca perfecting complex to a 40% lactic peel? I had some problems with the lactic peel because of my sensitive skin. I understand the fundamental differences between the TCA and AHAs, but do you feel the TCA perfecting complex is more or less harsh than a 40% lactic peel?

sop: definately check out the tca complex thread. Mostly everyone has listed their experience in detail. It's hard to say; it seems to me that the tca complex is gentler in terms of the fact that it doesn't sting or burn as bad as a salicylic acid peel, but it goes deeper into the dermis. AHA's only slough off dead skin cells (or, if you are allergic or sensitive to AHA's, it can burn you). It does sting a bit and itch a bit; but I've had salicylic acid peels (strong ones) that almost killed me. To me, they were much worse than the tca complex. Keep in mind I massaged the complex in for a few minutes and didn't apply it lightly, which I suppose anyone could do.

In any event, check out the thread; I really cannot say for certain that you could benefit or not benefit because I don't know how sensitive your skin is. Ofcourse you wouldn't necessarily have to do what the instructions say to do...that is, to apply it for three days straight for 4 minutes. You could dab it lightly on a few spots and experiment with it. Keep in mind some damage has to be done to the skin in order for it to do anything to scar tissue. I use copper peptides, and used them during the peel process, and it really soothes the skin (the REGULAR CP SERUM, that is) and helps with redness a lot. IMHO, you're going to get much better results with doing tca cross with copper peptides anyway. Hope that helps.

ok... i am about 10 days away from my SECOND 50% tca cross treatment

right now i am using

PD intense gel

10% mandelic acid

retin-a micro

emu oil

would like to know how many days before the cross treatment should I stop the above regimen?

also, how many days before the treatment can I apply a 50% lactic acid treatment?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Don't do any kind of exfoliation for 7 days from the cross treatment. Ask Maya about the mandelic acid as I'm not sure about that one. As for the Retin A or lactic peel, I wouldn't do it for 5 days prior. The PD gel and emu oil should be fine. The PD Gel is great because it will help with the red marks after the scabs fall off. I would only use the emu oil during the scabbing phase.

Hi Footprint,

I think if you're going to put something on the scabs, that would be a wise selection given its collagen building properties. Just be careful to not dislodge your scabs early.

Speaking of TCA treatment, have any of you read Healthy Skeptic's (sp?) post --TCA Cross and Stefany (sp?) ? I wonder what happened with her treatments as well. Also, James (Healthy Skeptic) mentions that his scars are deeper and wider after having TCA Cross done by his doctor. I wasn't aware myself that this was a potential risk from the treatment--anyone else? At any rate, it seems like important info for those considering this treatment.

Happy holidays all!

Guest Scorpioness

Hey all. Welllll......

I gave the TCA CROSS a go, using only 50% TCA in more than 50 of my scarred pores (somewhere between 50-100). I did this the day before Christmas Eve. Instead of re dipping the toothpick in the TCA every time I poked a pore, I dotted 3-4 pores and then dipped the toothpick back in.

A few things I will do differently next time....

1) I will wear rubber gloves. I don't know how the TCA got on my fingers, but the dead skin on my fingertips is so thick I can barely feel my fingertips.

2) I will re dip the toothpick in the solution every time. Even though each individual scarred pore seemed to frost with the TCA application, only half of what I treated formed a scab (or dark dead flake of skin).

3) I will probably purchase 100% TCA. The 50% may be the reason not all of the pores treated formed scabs.

I look right now like a have a rash on my face with these little brownish red dots everywhere. Already, a few of the scabs came off when washing my face. I tried not to rub too hard because I think it's a little premature for the scabs to be flaking off. I used neosporin on Tuesday night, immediately following treatment, and on Wednesday. I put some Kinerase on so that I could more easily apply the mineral makeup. On Christmas day, I put nothing on my face at all. Today I put on Kinerase since I needed to wear makeup again (since I have to be around people, lol). I will update again in a few days or so and post what I notice.

In a couple of weeks, I plan to use the TCA perfecting complex to get rid of some of the hyperpigmentation it looks like the CROSS will definately leave behind. In two more weeks after that, I will either repeat the CROSS, or try my first round of needling with the SofTap tools. I will make the decision when the time comes.

As far as the remaining 50% TCA I purchased, I was thinking of dilluting it to 25% and using it as a peel to remove some stubborn hyperpigmentation on my back..... does anyone think this will work???

Guest Scorpioness

I was thinking also that the Kinerase may have kept certain treated areas from forming scabs and it may also be the reason some are coming off early. Next time I do this treatment, I don't think I will be using Kinerase until after the scabs have come off.

Increasing the tca% will not get rid of the sort of wrinkles you have described. Even if you soften the wrinkles with laser or peels you will only get them back in a short time because it’s not your skin losing elasticity at such a young age that is casuing the wrinkles. I think the only thing that will help you is botox because it is caused by your forehead muscles.

Also increasing the acid level isn’t always the way to go with peels, it can back fire on you badly.

dcychanhk,

Could you maybe post a picture? I have a hard time picturing what your scars look like, and I'm really scared that you might be overdoing things and making things worse.

Maybe you can try meditation and relaxation exercises. You're really young, so maybe the muscles are tensed because of stress, making your forehead look wrinkly.

smile.gif Maya,

How are you doing in general and how is the progress on your skin? Are you continuing to see improvement after your second treatment? And when is your third?

I just completed my second treatment and am looking like I have rosacea right now. I did a few more spots than the last time and am having a more difficult time concealing myself when I'm out. Going to work tomorrow may be difficult, too. However, I know the trade-off is well worth it, because, like many, I also have seen better results with this than other skin procedures that I have done.

Well, have a good new year and the best of luck to all on this messageboard. HOpe the New Year (and especially the next several months if you are doing TCA Cross to yourself) brings beautiful, radiant skin to ALL!!

Minnie