Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stefany

Just had CROSS treatment using 100% TCA!

Greetings all! I have been reading all of your posts for some time, but had not registered until now. Thank you all for your posts. After quite a bit of deliberation time, I have opted for TCA Cross. Yesterday I had my 1st 100% TCA treatment done at a doctor's office by an aesthetician on 4 test spots. 2 of these scars were kind of pitted/depressed, not super deep, but very noticeable.

I cannot believe how different these 2 scars look since treatment. Improvement is incredible, but I will reserve judgment until some time passes. Perhaps this is just due to swelling and is not permanent. The 2 others she did are really just big pores and these 2 have not yet changed. If all goes well post-treatment (that is my face doesn't swell up and fall off or some such thing), I'm going to have all of my scars done in a month with 100% TCA.

I know many of you have used various substances on your face after treatment. At the location I visited I was advised to not put anything on it, to just let it be. So, my experience can serve as a contrast for those of you using topicals.

I will keep you all posted.

Best of luck to everyone!

Day 8 and all the scabs are off. Will update on (hopefully) improvements in a few days/weeks. Hyperpigmentation is minimal. I'm now back on the puredeming, mandelic. retin-a-micro, lactic peel topicals.

Guest Tracy

Good for you, Maya!! I bet it feels good to have all those scabs off!! I'm looking forward to the updates!!

Thanks bluema   \" hypertrophic scar once the wound is completely healed (flat level to surrounding skin) \"  Is it like wound that can't be healed properly from sth l   umm   .  like  a few yrs ago , i fell down on the floor . although the wound was completely healed ages ago ,  still i can see the healed skin color doesn't match up with my normal skin  . I guess u know what i mean?   U should have some of those on your body, too .   U think merderma helps with those?    even on  flattened  scars from a burn  ? thx

Hi,

I hate to sound dumb, but what is TCA and where do you buy it? I have been reading posts on how people dip toothpicks in it and poke the middle of their acne scars with TCA and of the TCA Cross Method.

This is new to me--it is not done in Hawaii, so that's why I haven't heard about it. Maybe somebody knows of a link that explains this procedure step by step.

Thanks for your help.

New Pictures up for day 7 at:

http://acne.org/gallery/TCATreatment

From this point forward, I will take only weekly pictures, so changes between individual pictures of the four featured scars will be more apparent.

Thoughts:

1. After one week, I would say that the jury is still out on major improvement. However, I do not expect collagen growth to really be apparent until 4-6 weeks after the first treatment. It does appear that some of the scars have improved somewhat (5-10%), but it is difficult for me to be sure after such a short time.

2. I am experiencing mild hyperpigmentation, but am being extremely careful about staying out of the sun. Also, SPF 15 Olay skin lotion is being used liberally.

3. I will wait another few days for the skin to heal further, then begin with Super CP Serum (to promote collagen growth) and the Apple Cider Vinegar method twice daily. I am awaiting Retin-A Micro, and will start using that as well when I get it.

4. Finally, I am pleased with the process so far. I can, at the very least, say with confidence that this process didn't make the scars any worse and did seem to improve them somewhat.

Stay tuned for further updates....

Hi crosslink,

Thanks for the pics. I started this around the same time as you, isn't improvement encouranging? At least we know something definately helps. My scabs are similar to yours, but they are firmer and level with the surrounding skin. They look like freckles.

I am really happy with this method - it's so hard to put a % on improvements but my scars look better all the time - I've had good comments from my friends and b/f - even my kids give me regular comments - overall, everyone says my scars are less noticeable because of this method - and I think so too.

They have also slightly raised my 2 and 3 month old excision scars.

I don't want to wish my life away, but I cannot wait for another 6-9 months to get the end results - I'm sooo impatient! I'm going to do my 3rd TCA Cross mid Jan.

I guess you've got the GUTS I wish I had! I just don't want to go around with scabs for several days...the looks I would get out in public would REALLY bother me. I'm being honest here...it would definitely get under my skin (no pun intended).

Yet, sometimes I do want to try TCA. But with my luck, I'd spill some on my good skin, or screw it up another way (or my being on Accutane last year would somehow impede my results), and I would be in worse straits than I am in now.

So I guess that (at least for now) I'll just have to live vicariously through the triumphs of those of our friends here who dare to dream...and then ACT ON IT. Me, I guess I'll keep slapping on the Retin-A Micro and Mandelic Serum and just keep hoping for the best.

Can someone please point me in the direction of the Korean CROSS study I see people mentioning. People reference the study but I am unable to find it for myself. Thanks

CROSSlinker thanks so much for posting pics like that, it's such a big help I hope u will continue to do so. =D> It looks like I may order some 50% myself. gl all.

You guys have to make sure you are getting the cross therapy from a doctors office. DON't DO IT YOURSELF. It's so dangerous and foolish. I have even read on this site people giving themselves needling therapy. You guys are playing with fire.

I have had 100%cross therapy done on 4 scars about one month back. The progress is good. Big improvement. IT TAKE SIX MONTH TO SEE FULL IMPROVEMENT. Do not get it done it on the same scars untill at least six months have passed. Any responsible doctor will tell you that.

James

Is this yet the best scar treatment so far?Has anyone here had bad results?I've heard not so good results from laser,excision,needling and so on......but have yet to learn anything bad about this type of treatment.Does anyone know of any doctor in Toronto,Canada that provides this type of treatment?Thanks in Advance

Hi All,

Quick update on my progress with TCA CROSS:

I have been using 25% TCA ,initially every week and now every two weeks. The result so far has been very good.

The results have been so good that I am not even tempted to try 50%

TCA or any higher.

The scars have become very shallow .

The prominent scars left on cheek now are the lines from excision

which are more pronounced now ( because scars have filled in) and half an inch scar on my right cheek.

My next treatment would be TCA complex , I am hoping to see an improvement in the lines left by excision and overall improvement in skin texture.

I have also been using Mandelic acid and Pure Deming Intense gel ,

I like mandelic acid but I am not sure about the intense gel.

HealthySceptic,

I suggest you read the korean document about TCA Cross method written by "responsible" doctors who have performed thousands of TCA Cross procedures.

Day 14-17 after I performed CROSS with 100% TCA on lots of pits. Dramatic--maybe 35% overall--improvement! Some of my smaller icepick scars are now virtually unnoticeable. Moreover, since my scars were closely spaced, the collagen boosting appears to be helping my skin all over. My whole face looks and feels firmer. At this point, I don't think it can be ascribed to mere swelling and seems permanent.

[For the first week or so, many of my scars were dilated -- don't fret if they look larger initially.]

I finished a 5-month course of Accutane about two months before doing CROSS on myself. So TCA seems safe when used as the CROSS article directs. Still: you might be risking hypertrophic scarring if you apply TCA across the entirety of large rolling scars.

Possible things I 'did right': I

- didn't pick the crusts that formed over the scars

- didn't go out into the sun between 10am-3pm, and always wore sunblock with vitamin c/e

- am only 21. (Better wound healing?)

- applied retin-a 1% cream about 6-7 days after CROSS. Maybe by thinning and reddening my epidermis this is merely giving the appearance of major scar amelioration.

The improvement wasn't nearly so amazing for some of my larger pits. It will probably take the full 6 doses to even them out.

That's really great chrissy - My results aren't as dramatic, however, I am still very happy to date.

Thanks for the reply, I personally have always believed in keeping things moist and not letting them form scabs. However lately I've been letting my sores and acne scab over and consequently seeing them heal without scars.

So I was wondering what Crissy did ; keep them moist or let them scab??

I am starting to wonder now...

The Jury is still out on Moist vs. Dry wound healing.... This topic comes up on this board every now and again.

I found the following article that favors moist wound healing:

"A moist wound bed provides a beneficial healing environment that prevents tissue dehydration and cell death. A moist wound encourages angiogenesis and increases the breakdown of necrotic tissue and fibrin. This wound environment will potentiate the interaction of growth factors and their target cells. In addition, a moist wound bed enhances re-epithelialization, tissue growth, and wound healing." - taken from

The physiology of wound healing: factors that help and hinder. (Wound Management).

June-July, 2002, by Pamela Jensen, John Steinberg

Link:

http://www.findarticles.com/cf_dls/m0LMB/5...cle.jhtml?term=

Another couple of interesting links:

http://www.greenfingerslandscaping.com/wou...s/html/mwh.html

http://www.robinsoncare.com/MoistWoundHealing.htm

There is a lot of research on this, out there.

Hi . i read some information about the medium peel with TCA . As far as i know , u dun get scabs on your whole face from medium peel instead u will get a full- face redness. I hate having scabs all over my face, and b/c of the amount of scars that i got on my face , it is very noticeable to have 100 pits spot treated. Also , it requires lots and lots of time to pinpoint every scar precisely ( last time i spilled it over some of my normal skin ) . I am just wondering about what is the max % of TCA i should use providing that i do not want to have any formation of scabs ? I knew the 6 % tca complex doesn't give u scabs .. but i dun think 6 % tca complex will erase wrinkles nor help with shallow scars as effective as higher % .

Hey guys just a question to all who have tried this procedure on themselves....have any of you actually done it on saucer like scars or any other type of scar other than the icepick type? If so how did that go? Were the results satisfactory?

thanks in advance

p

To answer your questions:

- I applied neosporin twice a day until scabs (more accurately: stuck-down flakes of skin) formed 3-4 days later.

- This was my first CROSS treatment. I'm thinking of doing the second one four weeks after that one. I don't want to wait longer because I'll need to be out and about later in January. I read that Dr Rappaport in NJ claims that 8 weeks apart is best. (Maybe that lets you maximize the collagen growth from each treatment -- but since I'm not paying $500 per session I'm going to opt for speed and do mine in 4-week intervals, and do as many treatments as is necessary.)

- I applied a very tiny amount (didn't jab it in, as I did with my cheek scars) to a scar on my nose, and it didn't seem to frost up that much. I was afraid to apply more...

has anyone had any luck with applying TCA to nose scars? Are there other treatments (like lasers?) that work for these? Thanks!