Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stefany

Just had CROSS treatment using 100% TCA!

minnie

Thank you.

I hold the skin near the scar and pull the skin tight so I can see the scar clearly - then I poke and twirl the toothpick dipped in TCA in and around the sides of the scar - sometimes it frosts quicker than 10 seconds, sometoimes it takes a little longer - I just keep it there until it frosts white. I do ALL the pits b4 applying antibiotic ointment (neosporin) - It took around 45 minutes to do all my pits yesterday.

On a few of the pits, some of them didn't frost at all, on those I re-dipped in TCA and applied to the same pit again - and then it frosts (maybe I just didn't get enough TCA on the toothpick).

Hope you have some fantastic results with this latest round of TCA, Maya. I'll be checking here often for your updates!

Maya

I do wish you could have had a Dr doing it, but I'm glad you are doing TCA. It is the best option for ice pick scars because it has little chance of leaving a new scars, but excision always leaves a scar.

this is so exciting! It's so nice that everybody is getting these great results. I can't wait till my bottle comes in the mail.

Maya, how did you pick the right color of Jane Iredale makeup? It's really hard to tell on the computer cause the color depends a lot on your monitor settings. How do you like their liquid foundation?

Maya, I'm following your success with great interest and hope to hear of your improvement.

Nancy, I apply a light coat of the JI powder all over, then use a small cosmetic brush (eye shadow brush) to go over blemishes.

Maya, how did you pick the right color of Jane Iredale makeup?  It's really hard to tell on the computer cause the color depends a lot on your monitor settings.  How do you like their liquid foundation?

Day 2 (around 18 hours after Cross)

I00 or so dark red scabs in formation. Thank God it is so dark in the UK!

Maya, how did you pick the right color of Jane Iredale makeup?  It's really hard to tell on the computer cause the color depends a lot on your monitor settings.  How do you like their liquid foundation?

It's not possible to choose off the internet - you need to contact a local stockist, go in and get properly tested in the right lighting. It's expensive stuff, so you're best to get it right. Their liquid foundation (the new one) is very nice.

Maya,

Are your spots actually forming scabs or dark spots?? Very few of mine actually formed scabs. Most of them are dark spots. I don't know...maybe I didn't apply the toothpick long enough. :-k

Maya,

Are your spots actually forming scabs or dark spots??  Very few of mine actually formed scabs.  Most of them are dark spots.   I don't know...maybe I didn't apply the toothpick long enough. :-k

ok. let me get this procedure straight.

1. dip the toothpick inside the TCA bottle and let the tip sit there for a minute or 2 - lift it out, making sure there's no dripping.

2. Hold the skin near the scar and pull the skin tight so you can see the scar clearly - then poke and twirl the toothpick dipped in TCA in and around the sides of the scar - just keep it there until it frosts white.

3. Apply NEOSPORIN (3x daily) 40-60 minutes after scar frosts white.

Scabs should fall off after ~10 days

AFTER Scabs fall off:

What to do? Continue w Neosporin? Is it ok to apply Retin-A micro? PD intense gel? Is Mandelic Acid ok?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

ok. let me get this procedure straight.  

1. dip the toothpick inside the TCA bottle and let the tip sit there for a minute or 2 - lift it out, making sure there's no dripping.  

2. Hold the skin near the scar and pull the skin tight so you can see the scar clearly - then poke and twirl the toothpick dipped in TCA in and around the sides of the scar - just keep it there until it frosts white.  

3. Apply NEOSPORIN (3x daily) 40-60 minutes after scar frosts white.  

Scabs should fall off after ~10 days  

AFTER Scabs fall off:  

What to do? Continue w Neosporin? Is it ok to apply Retin-A micro? PD intense gel? Is Mandelic Acid ok?  

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

AFTER Scabs fall off:

What to do?  Continue w Neosporin?  Is it ok to apply Retin-A micro?  PD intense gel?  Is Mandelic Acid ok?

UPdate - end of Day 4

Weird, a few of the scabs have fallen off on their own already.

This is the part I least like, when the scabs start flaking at the edges.. I just get this urge to lift each scab off, but I'm not going to do that of course!

I'm wondering why I my scabs are ready to fall off sooner this time.

Maybe your scabs are falling off quicker this time because your skin and healing are better now that you're not smoking. Just a thought, but I heard that smoking is REALLY bad for your skin. The scabs are on your face and everytime you smoked that smoky air was in your face - I'm sure not a good thing to promote healing. Good luck! Tarmik

Thanks! Maybe you're right Tarmik about the smoking - I was always wondering how much it affected my wound healing abilities.

Maya,

Could the difference in scabbing have to do with the scars you treated with the 50% vs the 100% concentration?

Thanks, Anna

Anyone experiencing HYPOpigmentation?

I am of olive complexion and just did a 50% TCA CROSS... am deathly afraid of hypopigmentation.

also I work out ALOT..

Do you think it is safe to go into steamroom/sauna after workouts? Will it aggravate the healing process? I am on Day 2 of my 50% TCA Cross treatment.

ANY info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

hmm...

I would personally avoid applying oils, etc., once the scabs are formed. Prolonged soaking will only help loosen scabs to fall off earlier than what the Cross method targets for (longer the scab stays on, the better). I would avoid duration longer than ten minutes for scabs to stay in wet environment if possible. When you get scabs too wet, as it may crack and allow bacteria to get into the wound as well. Prematually exposed wound will scab again and you may potentially risk scarring...

As far as applying ointments on freshly treated sites are concerned, the only benefit that Neosporin provides is that it keeps wound moist and it may help to prevent infection. But a number of studies have shown that neomycin containing products, such as Neosporin, commonly causes allergic contact dermatitis (http://www.emedicine.com/ped/topic2569.htm) which could delay healing and cause other complications. If you don't seem allergic to neomycin, using the ointment is fine, but a properly treated (steril) TCA sites are not as prone to infections and you may actually be better off in using products as simple as Vaseline petroleum jelly (not cream), or other mild lubricant that will keep the fresh wound moist until scabs form.