Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stefany

Just had CROSS treatment using 100% TCA!

Maya,

did you see the 25%+ improvement immediately after the scab came off? or was it more gradual over the weeks?

Its been about 17 days since I treated some of my pits. I probably put too much TCA on (used q-tip like applicator), but my areas are still red. I really don't see any improvement, maybe 10% on one of the pits.

Thanks.

Maya,

did you see the 25%+ improvement immediately after the scab came off? or was it more gradual over the weeks?

So i dun have to be depressed.. i can see a white ( look like it 's collagen) surface formed on the top of my pitted hole after the scab falls off.

So i dun have to be depressed..  i can see a white  ( look like it 's collagen)   surface formed on the top of my pitted hole after the scab falls off.

Thanks maya . i am appreciated about it .. I am quite sure. the color of it differs from the surrounding skin . again .. the pitted hole seems to be exactly the same as what u guys comment on ( look larger after the scab falls off and the surrounding skin seems to subside a bit , hopefully those ain't scars ) The reason is that the scab forms beyond the area of my pitted hole , so as the scab falls off the pitted hole is larger! i guess it will heal later.. Good luck with your treatments. ^^

Try not to worry too much - I think everyone has gone through the "Oh my God, my pits are now larger" part, only to find that eventually the pit does become smaller - it takes time. Stay strong.

Accutane: supposedly it inhibits the production of collagenase, but I have no idea what that means biochemically, I think it helps to break collagen down. (Why is this bad thing?) From a medical journal search, it seems that even the physicians don't yet know why Accutane so oddly effects wound healing. Why should it both increase the likelihood of acne lesions becoming atrophic scars and cause dermabrasion/lasering to result in hypertrophic scarring?

The authors of the CROSS study say that they don't think Accutane interferes with their treatment, because its so localized. Have any other recent Accutane users beside dcychanhk found CROSS method to be effective? Thanks.

can anyone tell me how long do i have wait after subcision before i can proceed with the tca treatment??

inputs would be deeply appreciated!! biggrin.gif

Maya,

I got my 100% 1oz TCA today.

I'm planning to perform CROSS by my self.

Did you dip the tooth pick inside the small bottle with TCA

OR did you put a small amount of TCA on to a dish and then

dip the tooth pick?

Please let me know.

Thanks!

Maya,

I got my 100% 1oz TCA today.  

I'm planning to perform CROSS by my self.

Did you dip the tooth pick inside the small bottle with TCA

OR did you put a small amount of TCA on to a dish and then  

dip the tooth pick?

Please let me know.

Thanks!

Thanks Maya.

So you dip the same toothpick over and over again during

a single session. How many scars can you treat by dipping once?

I have about 30 icepick type scars to treat.

I'm very excited about my self treatmeny.

Morris - I dipped once (and sometimes twice) for EACH pit. I did it on around 50 pits.

Tomorrow I am going to do all my 100 or so pits. biggrin.gif

Maya....I'm going to do some small pits also, on Sunday. This time I stopped using Retin A a few days ago. You know what else I think did me in? I think that being on fish oil also made my skin heal badly as well. I have noticed that where some shallow soft-edged scars were treated, they have responded and filled in nicely. You shouldn't use blood thinners (fish oil, aspirin, garlic) when you do something like this to your skin. I forgot about the fish oil. I STILL have red marks from the first procedure. (aaaaaarrrrrrrrghhhhh)

Sunday I'm going to treat some small pits/scarred pores and see how it goes. I think this can be very helpful if you do it right.

I'll let you know how it goes, my favorite Britain chickie.... biggrin.gif

TCA CROSS - session 2!

Well, I treated around 100 pits with TCA this morning - I only used the 100% with around 10 of the pits. The others are smaller/more shallow so they got the 50% treatment. The 100% TCA does seem to frost whiter, so it's obviously stronger stuff.

This time - I also treated all the scars left over from my punch excisions a couple of months ago.

I stopped using the Retin-a a few days ago - but had continued taking fish oils - and never take asprin anyway. I did have quite a lot of garlic in the last few days (trying to strengthen my immune system against colds in the UK)

I also did a light lactic peel half an hour before doing the Cross method today. My experiment.

(BTW, The red marks had all faded from the TCA Cross performed 5 weeks ago.)

The scars frosted for around 20 minutes, the facial skin around the scars went very flushed/pink and slightly swollen for an hour - (no pain, just a tingling sensation) - and (like last time) the scars seem more pronounced than normal (looking twice as big as the original scar)

Am now covered in Neosporin - that took the pink/swelling down immediately.

The main difference this time is that the treated pits did not go very dark/black within an hour - they went clear/pinkish/reddish - so it must've been some chemical reaction to the manuka honey gel that made them go so dark last time.

I must say - I thought I would have to treat a lot of my scars with 100%, but on closer inspection, some of the pits had already improved so much by doing the 50% 5 weeks ago, that I don't think that is necessary.

All I can say STILL is that TCA has been more effective for me than anything else. I am so excited!

One question - I know I am meant to apply Neosporin 3 times a day - am I meant to wash off first, or do I just apply another layer on top? Thanks.

Maya,

I've been following all of your experiments and I think you are one plucky lady! Thank goodness there are those like you to show the way for the ones like me (scaredy cats, lol).

Since my smoothbeam treatments are having to be put on hold for a while b/c of the expense I'm really thinking hard about treating with the TCA method.

What made you decide to use Neosporin instead of manuka honey? And what type of Neosporin are you using, the cream or the ointment?

And, on a side note, how are you making your Jane Iredale makeup cover the red marks/scars b/c mine doesn't do a good job without being really obvious when I try to just cover the red marks and not the entire face with a thick covering...... :-k

Thanks......

Hey Nancy

I guess I have always been a bit of a risk taker - but I do research and read up a lot b4 I go ahead. I guess it's coz I come from a family of doctors and was brought up looking at horrific photos in medical magazines and hearing about different procedures - nothing fazes me too much biggrin.gif

1. Neosporin - I'm using the ointment - it's not available in the UK but a couple of very kind posters from the States have sent it to me in the post. The manuka honey 18UMF gel was so thick - my hair was sticking to it like mad -it did the job but the neosporin seems to be working very well and it's much easier (thinner in texture) to apply. I think the manuka honey gel works just as well though (it's very antibacterial) and I have used it on cuts and grazes on legs/arms etc and then applied a plaster - very good healing results - but it's hard to stick an enormous plaster on my face!!! (The 100 pits are dotted everywhere on my face!)

2. Jane Iredale makeup - It's IMPOSIIBLE to cover up totally, but it does take away the depth of colour. I have 3 different types of jane Iredale foundation - what I do is the following:

a) For concealer (on marks/scabs only)- I mix some of their new liquid foundation with some of their loose powder foundation - making it into a thick paste - I apply this thinly onto the red marks/scabs - let it dry, do it again 2-3 times.

B) Then I apply the pure-pressed base powder with a brush and apply a few thin layers all over my face.

It still looks relatively light/not over done - and the red marks still look a different colour to normal skin - but it makes me look like I've got freckles rather than scabs/marks. In fact, someone commented that I had cute freckles last time he he..

I only apply the makeup after scabs are formed (which is around 36-48 hours)

Hope that helps Nancy - feel free to ask anymore if you need more info.

I too can't afford any expensive treatments - I am all spent! I just love the fact that I can do all this for next to nothing. What a find! (BIG Thanks to Anna and Stefany for sharing).

Ah thanks Maya for the info. esp. about how you are using the Jane Iredale. I like it because of the lightness, but was getting pretty discouraged because the lady who sold it to me told me I didn't need any other products, just the PurePressed foundation. Now why would she have said that when she could have sold me another $100 worth of stuff?? :-k biggrin.gif

LOL Nancy!! - Now... if you had told her you were considering doing the TCA Cross/burning little holes in your face - she just might have sold you a whole load more biggrin.gif

And the good thing about mixing the 3 foundations is that you can get all of them in the same colour - I'm 'Warm Sienna' biggrin.gif/

The great thing about the Jane Iredale stuff is that I have slept in it so many time and it does not break me out - and most of it is still on my face, not my pillow case.

Maya,

I would not wash or tissue off the old neosporin, I would just apply more. I would do nothing to risk disturbing the wound. I'm so glad this is working so well for you!.

My best!

Anna

A follow up for all interested. It has been about 10 days post TCA. I am still slightly pink and some areas are still scabbed. However, all of the pits originally thought to have increased in diameter have indeed shrunk and appear improved. The areas that are still scabbed can not be reviewed because they are still scabbed, so I will post back on those pits within a few days or so.

Fom being petrified to being satisfied. Without a doubt the only procedure that has ever produced dramatic immediate results for me and for pits. Scary for certain but, after my second treatment all the pits seemed to have again improved.

nottoobad - that's great news. From my experience, the pits that scabbed the longest also shrunk the most.

Maya,

I've been following your progress and am very happy for you!! I applaud your courage and hope you continue to have further success.

When you are applying the TCA, do you hold it on the scar for 10 seconds and then place antibiotic ointment on it afterwards?? Thanks for your help.