Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stefany

Just had CROSS treatment using 100% TCA!

hi dcy

1. I don't know if you can get cancer from using impure TCA, but you just don't mess around with chemicals that aren't food or medical grade without looking into their impurities cause some of them may be carcinogenic or toxic in some way.

I'm not saying impure TCA will give you cancer. I'm saying you don't know and it's better to check. With the medical grade, the checking has been done for us.

2. I didn't buy TCA from that site. I ordered some from sciencelab.com. It's a lot cheaper 100g for around $40 if you include shipping -only it is probably technical grade. If I were you, I'd hold off on buying it until I at least get the package and see what it's like.

Those of you interested in buying the crystal form of TCA (btw, the empirical formula for it is C2HCL3O2), you will probably need to buy a very precise scale at least to the 0.1 g measurability. You'll also need ml/cc measuring cup/beaker. If you can't understand what I'm talking of and never took chemistry, don't bother buyinig the crystal form for your own synthesys.

Typically when speaking for 100% TCA, medical literatures describe weight/volumn, meaning 100mg TCA crystal disolved in 100cc water.

Just an update. It is now day 3 and indeed the scabs have formed and are still forming. Originally I was concerned that after 2 days I had not had any scabs form but, now on day 3 they are all scabbed up. The bigger holes have improved slightly from a much worse appearance to about the same as original appearance.

I am using neosporin on the sites and randomly switch off with perricones vitamin c and super cp serum. Of all of the products I use I find neosporin to produce the most noticeable healing and immediate results.

Looks like I've typed an error there... It's not mg - it's g.

A 100% percent solution of TCA peeling agent would be 100g TCA acid crystals mixed in 100cc of water for a weight-to-volume method (preferred). Remember that I've mentioned that the TCA concentration listing is unstandardized in the product market. It could be talking of weight to volume, volume to volume, dilute to volume, etc.

No, i'm not talking specifically of Dr. Lee's use of TCA concentration, but he most likely used the weight by volume concentration level. Korean articles do not detail any medical principles at a great length - they've only been widely experimenting with TCA since 1989. I had to make sense of it all by studying the medical studies in English and correlate the findings with educated understanding.

Katu wrote:

if scar is very small in diameter but quite deep (looks like a pore), whould you call it an ice-pick scar? would you recommend TCA for it? and if yes, can you \"treat\" real pores with TCA? 

thanks!

my god . there is a frost , a HUGE one above my lips . i amsure i didn't apply it over there . how i am going ot deal with that???!!!!

Oh no!... you must've somehow dropped a tca drop while applying to your other scars... It's really too late for anything other than waiting it out... reaction/wounding is already complete with the frosting.

but how will that be possible? umm. i should be crying now.. i just applied water and neosporin to the affected area. U know , somehow it's hard to be precise in applying the TCA to the scar. some of them are like a line .. I am thinking if i really should apply it on my shallow scars with small diameter.. it's a tough task to apply it on one DOT.. are there any other options treating those scars?

dcychanhk,

i am so sorry about this incident with TCA...

please, dont cry... [-o<

something tells me that your skin is going to be just fine...

I'm not sure what you're using for an applicator, but you should use a toothpick as the applicator. Also, when you're dipping it out of the TCA solution, you shouldn't let droplets form at the end of the toothpick, but simply let it glisten a bit even if that means you'd have to dip more than once for each scar site. Also, on shallow scars, I would recommend using 40% solution or less.

In order to apply the TCA let the toothpick sit in the solution for a few minutes so that it absorbs into the wood. That way you don't need to deal with a drop at the end.

Best of LUCK!

Anna

the bruise formed above my lips is HUGE . BTW, my face is like all bruise and i believe after a few days , i will have a lot of scabs .. I am not sure if the ppl at my working place will ask me a lot of questions about it.. So if i accidentally applied 100% TCA on my normal skin and have been constantly applying neosporin to that area ( it's huge ) , who thinks i will still get an extra scar there? After the scab falls off , will i still see improvement on my pitted hole?

I was really concerned that something like this would happen. When dealing with such a stong substance you have to use utmost care. If you have any doubts about the procedure you should NOT do it on yourself because you risk further scarring.

dcychan - hey on the bright side, that big bruised area could heal up better than before smile.gif.

If you have had a cold sore before, go to the doctor and ask for antiviral medicine. Don't pick at it, and keep it covered and stay out of the sun. Follow the post peel instructions for people who get TCA peels.

http://www.drvaldes.medem.com/ypol/user/us...&rndm=0.3867913

I used the 100% TCA on 2 pits 3 days ago and it has only started to scab - it seems that it takes longer for the scab to start forming with the 100% than with the 50% - but the 2 pits treated look smaller with the scab on, but b4 scabbing, they looked bigger than the original pits. I feel quite happy about this now, so next Friday, I am going to treat all my big pits with the 100% and my smaller ones with the 50%.

Question for blueMA! or anyone else

You seem to be very knowledgeable....

1. What do you think would happen if a pit was Cross TCAd with 100% or 50% every 2 weeks? (instead of once a month)

2. If someone does the TCA on a pit - and the frost doesn't come up enough, do you think it's ok to do it again 5 minutes later?

I realise you may not know the answer, but an educated guess is good. Thanks.

1. What do you think would happen if a pit was Cross TCAd with 100% or 50% every 2 weeks? (instead of once a month)  

Question for blueMA! or anyone else

You seem to be very knowledgeable....

2. If someone does the TCA on a pit - and the frost doesn't come up enough, do you think it's ok to do it again 5 minutes later?

I realise you may not know the answer, but an educated guess is good. Thanks.

Thanks 781 and BlueMA

I did think that was the answer to no.1 - but wanted to check anyway.

Very Interesting what you said about no.2 Q though, thanks.

--------------

1 of my deepest pits treated with 50% TCA 4 weeks ago has shrunk/raised by at least 25% (and that is being conservative - maybe it's 35%). I will say this now, even though the TCA document states effectiveness when using 65 and 100% TCA - 50 % TCA WILL do good job too - and it's possible that the use of retin-a-micro and puredeming Intense gel has also accelerated the healing

This STILL (IMO) is THE greatest treatment available for deep pits. Nothing else has performed as well for me.