Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stefany

Just had CROSS treatment using 100% TCA!

The \"100%\" TCA I received, however, is very \"watery\" and not in crystal form.  Have others of you had this experience?

wait, so has anyone had good results with TCA??  Maya said 10%, and others seem to not be seeing anything?

The cross method is not for removing the keloidal type scars (raised), and it is most effective on deep and narrow scars, such as in ice-picks, rather than shallow scars (probably better with lower TCA concentration of less than 40%) from what I've read.

The cross study concludes that the method does normalize all types of scars, including the rolling scars, with repeated treatments. Keep in mind that positive results are probably not easy to see immediately after each procedure. Here's a quote of a medical study.

"Intradermal postoperative edema continues to improve for 3 months. As the swelling resolves, deep rhytids and acne scars may initially appear to have persisted; however, collagen remodeling of the defect continues for another 3-6 months. During the remodeling phase of wound healing, fibroblast activity produces new collagen that fills in scars and heavy rhytids. Consequently, the greatest improvement in scars and rhytids is usually observed 6 months after surgery. Explain this timetable of events in detail to patients during the preoperative consultation so that they do not become discouraged."

Also, I'm not so sure about allowing the scabs to form immediately after TCA treatment (I know...I'm full of doubts...) I would personally try to keep the treated areas as moist as possible with proper dressing, and then let them dry a few days later (watch out for infections though). Also, since allowing the skin to breath (Oxygen) is vital to wound healing, please don't glob on ointments or other products on wounds. Ointments are meant to be used sparsely to keep wound moist, but mountaining them on wounds will actually delay healing. Please make your best jugment on this after reading up on some articles on wound healing. Here is an article example http://www.uspharmacist.com/ce/moist/lesson.cfm

I am not one to panic but, something doesnt seem right with my pits. I am on day 2 of the 100% TCA. Did about 12 holes and none have scabbed, it has been actually 36 hours since I began. I would say 4-5 of the holes look bigger, no they ARE bigger. The reason is that the TCA actually bores through the skin and when applied with a tootpick, pressed firmly in the pit and rotating the actual pit widens. I am praying that I didn't make the hole bigger and defeat the purpose in the first place.

Anyone else have some advice or opinions? Still no scabs on any pores and half are bigger visually than they were originally.

Oh boy do I think I am in trouble.

oH YEH if your pitted hole turns red , i think u are on the right track. Just give yourself a few more days. Everyone reacts different with acid..

Nottoobad,

Mine didn't scab until day 3 .... I think you are fine. Heck, mine didn't really turn red until day 3. It was a clearish/whitish color until day 3.

If you go back and read Stefany's post, she had her TCA done on Wed, so she could go to work Thurs/Fri, and then scabbing over the weekend.

\"Intradermal postoperative edema continues to improve for 3 months. As the swelling resolves, deep rhytids and acne scars may initially appear to have persisted; however, collagen remodeling of the defect continues for another 3-6 months. During the remodeling phase of wound healing, fibroblast activity produces new collagen that fills in scars and heavy rhytids. Consequently, the greatest improvement in scars and rhytids is usually observed 6 months after surgery. Explain this timetable of events in detail to patients during the preoperative consultation so that they do not become discouraged.\"

I am on day 2 of the 100% TCA.  Did about 12 holes and none have scabbed, it has been actually 36 hours since I began.  I would say 4-5 of the holes look bigger, no they ARE bigger.

umm . interesting . for me , the frost disappeared after 3 hours or so , then i started seeing half of the pitted hole turned red and another half is just black until day 3. On day 3 , the whole thing turned into a scab . Now is like day 6 or 7 , it looks like a scab .. I compared my scab with the one of maya. On day 5 , hers looks like really dried up and indented. My scab is not indented at all

I think the process will be different for everyone (not just to do with the TCA%) - it will depend on how much we poked/twisted the tooth pick, how much TCA we had on the toothpick, and the way our own skin responds.

So not every person will scab/frost the same amount of time.

The important thing to remember is - on the TCA document, no-one had a negative long-term reaction.

Hi blueMA

Thanks for all the information, it\"s answered some of my questions. Any thoughts or have you seen anywhere about what's the optimal period of time to wait between treatments ? In that one Korean report they repeat in one to three months....I wonder why that is if the healing is going on for three to six months.

Thanks again blueMA ! Do you know of any good software that will translate Korean to English useing Internet Explorer ?

Thanks again blueMA !  Do you know of any good software that will translate Korean to English useing Internet Explorer ?

i think it;'s a good idea to test the purity of our TCA. but it''s pretty costly indeed . he needs 32 grams to 1 ounce. it costs us 40 usd for once ounce . running a test on the TCA supplied by different dealers can cost A LOT!

I had cross therapy done 0n 3 scars ( atrophic) 2 weeks ago. The area treated is still very red and I see no improvement in the scars whatsoever. In fact, the worst of the scars looks much deeper. This is perhaps too early to tell if the treatment works, but it is disouriging to see it get more pockmarked other than the reverse. Any one else out there with any new info on their cross therapy treatment?

James

if scar is very small in diameter but quite deep (looks like a pore), whould you call it an ice-pick scar? would you recommend TCA for it? and if yes, can you "treat" real pores with TCA?

thanks! O:)

i think it;'s a good idea to test the purity of our TCA.  but  it''s pretty costly  indeed . he needs 32 grams to 1 ounce. it costs us 40 usd for once ounce . running  a test on  the TCA supplied by different  dealers can cost A LOT!

i think it;'s a good idea to test the purity of our TCA.  but  it''s pretty costly  indeed . he needs 32 grams to 1 ounce. it costs us 40 usd for once ounce . running  a test on  the TCA supplied by different  dealers can cost A LOT!