Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stefany

Just had CROSS treatment using 100% TCA!

Silas,

The directions appear to come from the phamplet I received in the 50% TCA shippment. One should read the whole phamlet to avoid taking the directios out of context. I have copied the whole content in the bottom for everyone's reference.

I am not affiliated with this seller whatsoever, but I feel compelled to make a few observations.

1. I don't see 100% TCA mentioned anywhere, and there are plenty of warnings, so i don't think the seller is a lunatic who don't care about people burning their faces.

2. I don't know about the purity of the TCA I received, or any TCA solutions being sold on eBay for that matter. But I have no reason to believe the seller over-claim the purity either. I later ordered the 100% TCA from the same seller, and it costs me just the same.

3. In the quoting of the instructions, step #8 was missing (see below).

4. Obviously the instructions were intended for full face peel, not for TCA CROSS.

Regards,

Poreman

// Phamplet begins

50% TCA Peel

Disclaimer:

The seller is not responsiblefor any ill effects that may occur from either proper or improper use. USE YOUR COMMONE SENSE!

Warnings:

This product is not for pregnant women.

Do not use any other products containing AHA within 10days of use.

If this product get in your eyes, flush with water and seek medical advice.

This production contains TCA, which can increase your skin's sensitivity to the Sun. Wear proper sun protection.

What is TCA for?

- acne

- white-heads

- blackheads

- pustules

- bumps

- age spots

- dry skin

- wrinkles

- hyperpigmentation

Important:

If this is your first time please dilute by half!!!! BEfore this peel you may not be able to go out in public so give yourself some "hibernating" time.

Please discontinue use of all Glycolic / AHA products during this peel and during the healing process. During the healing process your skin may peel and scab. You may also noticed a "darkening" of the skin which is normal and looks similar to a burn. It will eventually fall off and reveal the new skin. DO NOT PICK AT ANY PEELING OR SCABBING AS IT MAY CAUSE SCARRING! Let it come off naturally. Healing may take up to 2 weeks. Remember that you will look worse before you look better!

Directions:

1/ Prep skin to remove any excell oils

2 Prepare Neutralizer : Place a small amount of baking soda into a small cup. Add a few drops of water until it marks a light paste . Set aside .

3 Spread a thin layer over face avoiding ees and mucus membrance with the bottom pad provided

4 Wait until u feel a burning sensation

5/ Immediately spread the neutralizer over entire face . Wait one minute and repeat neutralization

6Wash off with lukewarm water

7 You may repear in two weeks

8. You may remain red for up to 24 hours.

// Phamplet ends

Ahhh so I guess there was a third possibility...Sorry if I alarmed anyone but I do worry that some people here won't take this stuff serious enough

and end up getting hurt. Thanks for clearing that up poreman.

No problem Silas. I agree even the 50% TCA is serious stuff and can be dangerous if misused.

Day 5 morning:

Pit 1 has shrunk quite a bit. If it wasn't for the bright red dot in the middle, I'd say it looks better (smaller) than before the treatment. I no longer see the cavity created by the toothpick. (note again I sized down the tip of the toothpick for pit 2 to 8.

Pit 2 - 8

Still white ... no black scabbing yet.

Hi . maya , is it ok for me to take a shower in these 2 weeks  ? Or just let leave myself stink of a piece of  cake?

I would still not recommend people doing TCA to themselves.

If you haven't even read the medical paper for cross tca then you have no business even thinking about doing it to yourself.

This is not something anyone should be promoting as a self procedure.

Go to a DR and bring the paper with you and ask him to do it to you.

I definitely think all should read that paper before doing any self treatments of 50% or 100% TCA.

But, it is a VERY SIMPLE procedure to perform on yourself. Basically you take a toothpick or something similar and apply to a pit. Thats it.

Why do you have to go to a doctor with paper in hand?

So, read up on doing the TCA procedures (this message board, the paper, etc), but I don't see why you have to go do a doctor to have it done. Its so easy, the acid neutralizes itself.

Many Dr's have not read this paper so it would help to expedite treatment if you gave it to him. My regular derm asked me for it and so did a PS I know.

As you can see some people do not do their own research and if it was just that easy why are they asking such stupid questions here? Can I take a shower etc?

If they have so many questions they need to see a DR to ask these things. Maya is not a Dr and not responsible for the idiocy of others.

Also, I suspect that some of these posters are under age and I won't be responsible for them making their scars worse.

Then you should know there is more to understanding this than a toothpick and TCA. You have to understand wound care and medication contraindications and that requires a trained medical person to answer your questions. IMO

I refuse to promote this as a self procedure. I don't want it on my conscience.

Oursfan

Why would you remove my post warning of what would likely happen if one was to try a full face 50% or 100% TCA peel and leave up a post giving directions on how to do the full face 100% TCA "peel"? What am I missing?

But is good to see that some people here are starting to warn others of the dangers of TCA.

Yeah - I realized that after looking through this thread some more. Sorry. My original thought was that the instructions should be complete as possible. I agree -- I hope people don't take this lightly.

I will warn you all that if you are on antibiotics or any medications at all you should speak with your derm before using TCA. Some medications can make your skin too sensitive and might cause a bad reaction.

hi . i tried to undergo the TCA cross method on my own yesterday , and it seems like the pitted hole is still the same as yesterday where only half of the scab formed in light black color and another half remained slightly red . Um.. i guess i should wait for more days and see ?

Oh yeah and ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil) and aspirin should be avoided a for days before because it thins the blood. It will prevent your blood from coagulating as it should for this process.

Below is an excerpt from the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) for those who might be thinking that TCA isn't any different from your 10% Mandelic Acid.

3. Hazards Identification

Emergency Overview

--------------------------

DANGER! CORROSIVE. CAUSES SEVERE BURNS TO EVERY AREA OF CONTACT. HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED OR INHALED. INHALATION MAY CAUSE LUNG DAMAGE.

J.T. Baker SAF-T-DATA Ratings (Provided here for your convenience)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Health Rating: 3 - Severe (Poison)

Flammability Rating: 1 - Slight

Reactivity Rating: 1 - Slight

Contact Rating: 4 - Extreme (Corrosive)

Lab Protective Equip: GOGGLES; LAB COAT; VENT HOOD; PROPER GLOVES

Storage Color Code: White (Corrosive)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Potential Health Effects

----------------------------------

Inhalation:

Inhalation of dust may cause coughing, choking, with variable symptoms of headache, dizziness, and weakness. May cause lung edema.

Ingestion:

Corrosive. Sore throat, severe abdominal pain, vomiting, and tissue damage may occur.

Skin Contact:

Corrosive. Redness, pain, skin burns can occur.

Eye Contact:

Corrosive. Redness, pain, blurred vision can occur. Can cause burns and permanent eye damage.

Chronic Exposure:

Long exposures to acid fumes may cause erosion of the teeth followed by jaw necrosis. Bronchial irritation with chronic cough and frequent attacks of bronchial pneumonia may also occur.

Aggravation of Pre-existing Conditions:

Persons with skin disorders, eye problems, or respiratory problems may be more susceptible to the effects of this substance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. First Aid Measures

Inhalation:

Remove to fresh air. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Call a physician immediately.

Ingestion:

If swallowed, DO NOT INDUCE VOMITING. Give large quantities of water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical attention immediately.

Skin Contact:

Immediately flush skin with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Call a physician, immediately. Wash clothing before reuse.

Eye Contact:

Immediately flush eyes with gentle but large stream of water for at least 15 minutes, lifting lower and upper eyelids occasionally. Call a physician immediately.

http://www.mallchem.com/msds/englishhtml/T4823.htm

Adult members thinking about performing TCA CROSS, please do yourself a favor and read the entire thread, and pay attention to as much details as your can. I assume you understand the risk involved in the procedure.

Underage ( teenager) members, on the other hand, please hear me out.

There is risk involved with this procedure even when performed by a doc, and the risk is even higher when performing it yourself. One mishap or bad reaction could easily leave you permenantly scarred or even disfigured!

Putting such dangerous acid into my 37 year old skin is a last resort.

If I had access to the knowledge and support on this site when I was a teenager, and if there were products we have today, my skin condition would be 200% better. What does that mean? It means time (and collagen) is on your side. Find a good regimen for you skin and stick with it, and your young scars will fade and your skin will look better.

Thanks for listening.

Adult members thinking about performing TCA CROSS, please do yourself a favor and read the entire thread, and pay attention to as much details as your can.  I assume you understand the risk involved in the procedure.

stephanie--you mentioned this lady had test spots. is that something he does that he tests one or two spots and then you decide if you want more treatment? is that more expensive?

poohman, how many down time days for you

i hope it work out great for you two

thanks for the info

stephanie==this is a question about the sample procedure, is she getting one or two sampled to see if she wants to go further? is this option more expensive?

poohbear, what was your downtime?

thanks to both of you

good luck

Imbue - thank you so much for all the warnings - I agree with you 90% - I would definately want this treatment available at a docors clinic - but My derm/surgeon won't even consider it (and I gave him the full document).

And thanks everyone else for the warnings - I just hope people, in their excitement, bother to take them in.

And for me, this is my last resort (apart from laser resurfacing, I've pretty much done most things - via docs). I am not advocating self-treatment either - but at the same time, not everyone can afford the doctors fees - they are so out of proportion.

I am getting more and more concerned that people are not taking this seriously enough - on the one hand, I am happy to be able to share my experiences with all of you, on the other, I regret that this means a bunch of people will just think this is some glycolic peel and end up doing some injury on themselves - because they can't even be bothered to read the whole thread or the CROSS document.

Has anyone here used the 100% TCA from Glycolic On Demand yet?

I just received my bottle of the stuff. Am planning to do the whole TCA Cross on the face again at the end of the month (will be around 5 weeks after 1st treatment) - I will use the 50% on most (around 90) of the pits and only use the 100% on 2-3 pits. I just want to be safe this time.

maya i am really sorry about it and will take your advice sincerely . I applied the 100% TCA purchased from the e bay dealer 2 days ago , and i can see a light brown scab is formed . The scab seems to cover the entire pitted hole very well, and i am curious in whether the 50% TCA works the same way.

Hi everyone,

My experiences with TCA CROSS -update.

I started with 25% TCA couple of months back ,prehaps one of the first ones to self experiment with CROSS , I did three rounds of CROSS,

and because of hyperpigmentation discontinued it.

I restarted last week and since then done two rounds.

I t has worked very well this time. The scars have improved very well,

almost up to skin surface level. I did not do anything different this time around to notice such improvement. PRehaps I thought I did not notice improvement because of hyperpigmentation.

There is no discoulouration this time/

My advise therefore is, please consider doing 25% TCA before jumping on to 100%TCA , especially dark skinned people.

I did not even want to post about it when i first started because ,I did not want anyone to follow me blindly.

Summary 25% TCA CROSS work,is safe